Bramall Lane Easter 1980

Absolute rubbish. I was there with my elder brother. We weren't hooligans, far from it. There were loads of us.

Never thought a great deal about it.......... until this thread.

I also remember Bramall Lane when it only had 3 sides.

Now that was funny. What a flipping dump.

Still is.

Which time? The time when they had the cricket pitch, or the time they knocked down John Street without the funds in place to replace it. Was it McDonald who eventually built the stand, fitting if so because it's only fit for selling burgers.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Which time? The time when they had the cricket pitch, or the time they knocked down John Street without the funds in place to replace it. Was it McDonald who eventually built the stand, fitting if so because it's only fit for selling burgers.

The cricket pitch. When the pavilion was miles away. :laugh:

The cricket pitch. When the pavilion was miles away. :laugh:

Can you imagine the stick they would get today if the ground was still 3 sided. I still insist they dropped the wrong sport, they should have kept the cricket and ditched the football, come to think of it, they did ditch the football, Bassett/Warnock/Adams all played hoofball. They are having to bring in a Wednesday man to show them how to keep the ball on the ground. I can imagine most Unitedites will miss the first few games, they'll be sat with their heads pointed up to the sky saying "where's the fecking ball?" until someone points it out to them that it is on the ground.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I was on the Bramall Lane End that day, and the Wednesday fans occupied a whole section, to the right of centre, top half of the Shoreham End (as viewed from the Bramall Lane End). That would have been approximately 1/8 th of the Shoreham End capacity, and back then it would have been about 15 to 16,000 maximum, standing, so it would have been about 2,000 Wednesday fans (maximimum). That of course is how I seem to remember it, and yes my memory has played tricks over the years. I do remember quite a few of the events mentioned on here from over the years and a few more besides, sadly the book writers who have written some of those hooligan memoirs for that lot across town don't do numbers very well, hence a much lower number was attributed to the Wednesday presence on the Shoreham End in April 1980, had it been so few they would have been comfortably 'dispersed' back then surely !

Guest SPURTt

Oh dear is this still droneing on , i bet your all going to "Bash " that nasty headmaster up when you leave school . init.