Bramall Lane Easter 1980

Only been three times to BHL,my dad took me to see Brian Tiler make his debut for Villa in 68, second i was on the Shoreham to see TC score that wonder goal ( it wa buzzin on there lol ) and thirdly a few of us stood with Walsall on what became known as Thank Givens Day when they sent the blunts down now that was foookin funny lol

Remember that Millwall game, i was on the Kop early, we moved them to the side as our numbers grew they looked like tramps with their scruffy rain coats and steel cappers. When they were up the top corner they started pelting us with milk bottles!! Also remember being hit by a brick after the villa game outside the Kop - happy days lol

What marvellous memories you Wednesday boys have.

It must have been terrible being a Blade in the 60s and 70, and all the other big clubs must have poo poo their pants at the thought of visiting Hillsborough.

Until I read this thread, I didn’t realise you had the greatest mob in the land, although I have spoken to numerous fans from other clubs, who said it was always a doddle at the Lane, but at Hillsborough they had to keep their heads down.

My Dad Sam, who was one of Wednesday's main lads at the time told me all this, but i thought he was fibbing.

When did it all change then?

And don’t forget you’ve only got 6 months to finish the tunnel.

Start digging boys.

Is that an 'in' joke?

According to the Pigs-aka the hardest football supporters in the universe-whenever Wednesday visit the Sty, we disappear into thin air after the match, this is known as "the Wednesday tunnel", because we must dig a tunnel and crawl our way back to town, apparently.

I think we are expected to come out onto Bramall Lane swaggering and offering to fight allcomers, when the truth is that most people, including me, act like normal human beings and walk back towards town for a drink.

There are usually a few knobheads on both sides acting a bit lairy, but why anybody would want to start windmilling is a mystery to me, especially considering that there are more SYP knocking about than there were during the Miner's Strike.

But then again, I'm not a big hard Blaaaaaaaaaade, so I'm obviously a coward, or summat like that.

"the Wednesday tunnel", because we must dig a tunnel and crawl our way back to town, apparently.

Thanks for the clarification. I would never had worked it out on my own.

Not very funny though, is it?

BDTBL is much funnier. Especially as they don't do irony.

Guest jdowl1

It must have been terrible being a Blade in the 60s and 70, and all the other big clubs must have poo poo their pants at the thought of visiting Hillsborough.

Until I read this thread, I didn’t realise you had the greatest mob in the land, although I have spoken to numerous fans from other clubs, who said it was always a doddle at the Lane, but at Hillsborough they had to keep their heads down.

My Dad Sam, who was one of Wednesday's main lads at the time told me all this, but i thought he was fibbing.

Start digging boys.

Typical member of the Bertie Bum Chums?

Start digging boys.

Ask any of your old boys about the 100 or so of us on your kop for a FULL SEASON in the early 70s...Try D***** or SC******

BTW...the last time you brought any number on the east bank of any number was in 63' when Birchenall made his debut...how do I know ? my dad and uncle took me ...and they're both blades

Getting on the kop early.like man u and villa,is not the same as taking a kop.I was on the Kop both games,in the mob against man u in the corner and in the mob againat villa who were initially behind the net then moved up to the scoreboard to make an attempt to regain some ground.Only sheer numbers,as you say,were in there favour.

Nobody has ever taken the East Bank from the Wednesday.

I gorgot about that Villa game. I remember now if memory serves me right they were at the top of the league and we were near bottom. I think they brought about 15k and were on the kop about an hour and half before kick off. We had no choice but to go in the Lepps as they were all on the kop. After the game everybody waited at the bottom of Herries Road and as they came out of the kop they were run back into the ground, the Villa that stayed outside got absolutely battered and it started off a new song if you remember "Your'e gonna get what Aston Villa got".

Anyone noticed the -1's being dished out on this thread? Seems like there is a Blunt on here who to quote Jack Nicholson "can't handle the truth".

I don't go in for the hooliganism thing, never have done never will, I just tell what I saw at the time which seems to be the case with most of us posting here, or are we all deluded and liars?ohmy.gif

the blade who says he couldnt get a ticket on the lepp for the boxing day game and went round to the ticket office and bought one for the kop 15 minutes before kick off is a lieing git ..it was pay on the gate for the kop ..

not true, it was an all ticket match

i reckon both derby games this season are gunner be pwoper nawty

you could be right ...little story ...watched the the derby when we won 1-0 (watson scored) in a local bar and gave it some ..get in you beauty ..and can you believe the only other guy watching the game turns on me and says sit down you flipping wendy cnut ....you know the type big forehead and knuckles dragging on the floor .....told him to flip off ...and we was both in our late 50s ....old habits die hard and long may it continue

i reckon both derby games this season are gunner be pwoper nawty

Most if it will be talk and handbags at 50 paces which over the course of time will become "epic battles" and the stuff of legend. It nearly always ends up being exagerated by a factor of about 10!

Guest Big Guns

you could be right ...little story ...watched the the derby when we won 1-0 (watson scored) in a local bar and gave it some ..get in you beauty ..and can you believe the only other guy watching the game turns on me and says sit down you flipping wendy cnut ....you know the type big forehead and knuckles dragging on the floor .....told him to flip off ...and we was both in our late 50s ....old habits die hard and long may it continue

i bet that bars shut down ,only 2 in on derby day it must be the quietest bar in the world