Danny Green bids rejected

Guest gotcha_Owls

Possibly he might but I don't think he's originally an Essex boy is he? If he does sign for Charlton along with Rowlands and Cook, they'll have some midfield. As they have a better squad than us already, wel'll have to make some terrific signings

err that makes absolutely no sense. If a club accepts a figure to one club, they are not going to reject it to another.

They are obviously holding out because there is a bidding war going on. They won't have accepted any offer yet.

What's to say each club has offered exactly the same amount?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Who cares about that thread. It's a ridiculous thread. Page up and page down, and no way of finding desirable topic without tedious reading.

No it's not. It stops the forum being clogged up with gonads threads like this.

roger Charlton. If it was a Championship club, then fair enough we may have to back down and say it aint going to happen. But we are the biggest club in this league, we are one of the richest. We can certainly outbid Charlton.

THE ONLY thing we cant offer him is a gucci lifestyle living in a penthouse on the thames. I suppose it depends on what the lad wants, gucci lifestlye or the chance to play in the Premier League one day.

Guest highamowl

Unfortunately clubs like Charlton will also be selling him the dream of promotion and a return to the Premier League. Whilst it appears he is a good player, do we really want to get into bidding wars and be held to ransom? If he buys the dream and wants to be here then great, if not there are plenty of other wingers out there!

Unfortunately clubs like Charlton will also be selling him the dream of promotion and a return to the Premier League. Whilst it appears he is a good player, do we really want to get into bidding wars and be held to ransom? If he buys the dream and wants to be here then great, if not there are plenty of other wingers out there!

Yeah there are plenty of Wingers, but not many who got so many assists and goals last season in a stuggling team. He had a major part to play in over 40% of their goals last season. Which leaves him 4th on the list for all 4 domstic leaves (Tevez was top). Plus he is young, confident and would have a fantastic resale value in years to come. I just think for the sake of a few hundred thousand quid it would be a real shame to miss out on this lad.

Yeah there are plenty of Wingers, but not many who got so many assists and goals last season in a stuggling team. He had a major part to play in over 40% of their goals last season. Which leaves him 4th on the list for all 4 domstic leaves (Tevez was top). Plus he is young, confident and would have a fantastic resale value in years to come. I just think for the sake of a few hundred thousand quid it would be a real shame to miss out on this lad.

Completely agree. He is a terrific player an if we hope to get promotion is exactly what we need. Having come from non-league to football league you might have thought it would be too bigger jump, but he is a hungry player and his quality stretches and will stretch beyond league one. He is a must sign for me, a number one priority.

Guest highamowl

Im not saying I dont want us to sign him, he would be great. But that unfortunately doesn't mean that he will want to come here over a place like Charlton, and if he doesn't im sure Megson has someone in mind who he wants to bring in. They know what they are doing and have a much better idea of what is going on than we do. If we miss out on him it might be because he was not right for the club, irrespective of his stats

Lads it's Mandaric in charge now, he gets things done, that's what he is all about.

The only worry I have with competition is if some of the players prefer to stay down south.

I totally agree with this, I think if we miss out it will be down to location. For some reason some of these younger footballers from darn sarf don't want to come up north, they seem to think it's a bit grim and we don't have Champagne :)

I totally agree with this, I think if we miss out it will be down to location. For some reason some of these younger footballers from darn sarf don't want to come up north, they seem to think it's a bit grim and we don't have Champagne :)

Can't blame 'em really.

Batchelor pad in cosmopolitan London with totty on tap

vs

Box house in Wadsley Park Village and vip area at Embrace

Guest bartos

He may well want away from that to knuckle down and put in some graft

Or is that too much to expect from a footballer?

Besides there's plenty of places for a footballer to play Mr Flash illegitimate in Sheffield, plus Manchester and Leeds are very close

He looks at Charlton and their squad who finished above us last season, sees the kind of players they are recruiting Rowland, Cook ect, against Prutton and Jones, what's he gonna think? They may also be offering him more in wages and he won't even have to move home.

Having said that, we are a much bigger club than Charlton will ever be.