Danny Green bids rejected

Guest gotcha_Owls

While I am of the (seemingly now standard) opinion of liking London but not actually having any desire to live there I must say it's a much better place than what I guess is its US eqivilant in New York.

I think New York has a similar appeal to me - nice to visit, wouldn't wanna live there.

As far as decent cities go, I'll vote Newcastle. Lived there for 3 years, would live there again, no issue.

Guest carlg

While I am of the (seemingly now standard) opinion of liking London but not actually having any desire to live there I must say it's a much better place than what I guess is its US eqivilant in New York.

Having lived and worked in both, I MUCH prefer NYC to London.

For one thing - the main thing, to me - it's such a compact city - it's walkable, pretty much. When one wishes to go from A-Z in London it can take an eternity/cost a fortune (in a cab). I loathe the underground in London. NYC buzzes along much more sweetly, to me, and has all the art/restaurants/bars/etc you could want, like London does. One moment in downtown Manhattan/Central Park, within a short time in the eclectic delights of Greenwich Village. London can't offer that, logistically it's impossible - she (London) has become such a vast mega-city - NYC is like a market town compared to London.

Best thing about London is the Thames, at certain places - eg, when al fresco supping/eating around Globe theatre area, etc.

London IS great - I love it, to visit/use mate's apartment when he is away; especially at the weekend when all the sad commuters are away; the place changes, for the better - it's just so bloody huge, and so densely populated it's become absurd - even many London cabbies hate the place nowadays, what it's become. And they were always its biggest advocates - and they know better than any of us.

As for the cost of housing... Who on earth would want to live in London UNLESS on a vast salary/having a huge inheritance, I don't know. Even then all one would get is a very modest place compared to here. The bang for bucks around here simply makes it a no-brainer, IMHO.

And tell you what, I used to often wobble back to my apartment from bars at 3-4am in NYC, of a weekend, working week done - I never once had a moment's fear - I would never do that in London. Or Sheffield, actually!

Guest carlg

Can someone on twitter point Danny in the direction of this thread? then its job done

he should either sign for us or the New York red bulls

everywhere else is a shithole FACT

lol

lol.

I think consensus is he should live in NYC or London and play for us.

As Concorde is no more, alas, that means realistically he needs to get himself a cool pad in London - a place befitting his soon-to-be 'big club with lots of potential sleeping giant great fan base' status and commute oop north for training - it's not as if all our matches are in Sheffield, anyway - and by being in London he will actually be nearer to some of our away fixtures.

Bingo!

Last I heard it was between Posh, us and Palace.

Interesting that our revised bid hasn't been mentioned as getting the knock back

Not sure why Palace haven't been linked formally until today. They remain the most likely destination at this stage, not Charlton

Having lived in London for 8 years, and NYC for 9, I have to say that New York wins hands down. More compact, cheaper, better restaurants. Beach in the summer, Ski in the winter.

No decent football though :(

Guest LittonOwl

Having lived in London for 8 years, and NYC for 9, I have to say that New York wins hands down. More compact, cheaper, better restaurants. Beach in the summer, Ski in the winter.

No decent football though :(

Neither has London