Danny Green bids rejected

Guest gotcha_Owls

Latest in the early editions down here, Charlton boss Chris Powell says he is close to agreeing a fee for Daggenhams Danny Green. Her also says he has agreed a deal with Arsenal to take the gunners starlet Emmanuel Frimpong on a season long loan

Excuse my fixation with south east London club but how are they planning to fit all these players in If they are successful in recruiting Green that's him, Cook, Rowlands and now Frimpong all vying for a place with their existing midfielders, most of whom were better than ours anyway.

He's just jealous, probably lives in a shithole :rolleyes:

:laugh:

When I first started posting on here, someone said WPV was Upper Winn Gardens, which I thought was quite funny, I tried to convince him we were actually Lower Worrall, but he wasn't having any of it.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

London is a rumbleing poo poo hole anyway, in fact most urban areas have their horror parts yet some places get better reputations than others.

By the sounds of things Charlton are going for it and will get Green, but do they really have so much revenue to get a wage budget big enough?

London is a rumbleing poo poo hole anyway, in fact most urban areas have their horror parts yet some places get better reputations than others.

By the sounds of things Charlton are going for it and will get Green, but do they really have so much revenue to get a wage budget big enough?

It is if you're on the bread line, but conversely it's pretty cool if you're swimming in money as many of these young footballers either are or aspire to be.

I'd love to live in London if I was a footballer. Best restaurants, best bars, best clubs. Certainly beats Sheffield and a night out down West street.

I know exactly what you mean, I met the wife on West Street.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

It is if you're on the bread line, but conversely it's pretty cool if you're swimming in money as many of these young footballers either are or aspire to be.

Its good for nights out, I used to spend a lot of time down there, even in the so called glitzy and main parts of town I just thought it was scruffy and dirty on the whole. Yet southerners would call places like Sheffield a dive when every city has good bits and bad bits, every city in the UK is fairly grim bar a few rich areas or a regenerated city centre. Can't dispute what your saying about being minted in London though, its a mega city so nowhere comes close.

Just find it strange that some cities are deemed amazing when they have the same problems.

West ST of old everytime, Hallamshire, Saddle and The Limit. Nowhere on earth compares :)

Had my stag night in the Hallamshire. Used to like Beehive, Hornblower, etc. Nights at the Limit were "special'.