Danny Green bids rejected

Guest gotcha_Owls

Guest gotcha_Owls

Skysports.com understands Dagenham & Redbridge have rejected bids from Peterborough and Charlton for Danny Green.

got a feeling the fact we havent come back in for a bid after our first one got rejected means we're out of the running for this one im afraid. Shame aswell because i would have loved to see him on the wing playing for us :angry: think milan really needs to throw some money at this kid cause we'll sell him for more than we buy him for i can garuntee it

got a feeling the fact we havent come back in for a bid after our first one got rejected means we're out of the running for this one im afraid. Shame aswell because i would have loved to see him on the wing playing for us :angry: think milan really needs to throw some money at this kid cause we'll sell him for more than we buy him for i can garuntee it

who says we havent put another bid in??

just going on the fact that if daggers are gonna report those 2 putting a bid in they would have also reported us aswell?

not having a go mate, just wondered where you heard that.

It just says they have been rejected, which could mean ours hasn't...hopefully!

Guest scott_andrew_william

just going on the fact that if daggers are gonna report those 2 putting a bid in they would have also reported us aswell?

They don't need too because maybe it's being negotiated.

If ours has been accepted it's unlikely they'll say so publicly while other clubs are still bidding, they want to get as high a price as possible.

If ours has been accepted it's unlikely they'll say so publicly while other clubs are still bidding, they want to get as high a price as possible.

err that makes absolutely no sense. If a club accepts a figure to one club, they are not going to reject it to another.

They are obviously holding out because there is a bidding war going on. They won't have accepted any offer yet.

If there are three clubs in a bidding war, the lowest two would be rejected whilst the third(the highest) will remain pending, giving the two rejected clubs time to come back with an improved offer. if we are the pending club we wont know as of yet, the only clubs that will know will be those rejected.

Hence the reason why it say both clubs have been rejected.

If they was just the two clubs involved then I can't see how both bids would be rejected as club will be reluctant to sell the guy.

To me there are definitely three clubs in the race (not sure if we are the third though)

If there are three clubs in a bidding war, the lowest two would be rejected whilst the third(the highest) will remain pending, giving the two rejected clubs time to come back with an improved offer. if we are the pending club we wont know as of yet, the only clubs that will know will be those rejected.

Hence the reason why it say both clubs have been rejected.

If they was just the two clubs involved then I can't see how both bids would be rejected as club will be reluctant to sell the guy.

To me there are definitely three clubs in the race (not sure if we are the third though)

Well that clears things up.

Interesting this.

I was told this morning from a source of mine that we've submitted another bid for Green. I wasn't told if it was accepted or rejected, just that we had put in a bid.

Hopefully it could be good news that we arn't included in the article as a team thats had a bid rejected.

I remember Milan saying there was a lot of competition for some of our targets but that he wasnt worried about it as "we have our plans". Or something similar, I dont know if that relates to Green but hopefully we may outbid one or two teams.

I think he could be the crucial bit of business if we manage to get him.

Does that mean you would be prepared to refund the difference if we didn't? :biggrin: