Should I stay or should I go?

This aftertoon I had an operation to rep two wisdom teeth from my mouth.

I had tried to schedule the appointment around our home games, but a cancellation came through today that meant I could get it over and done with.

I'm currently doped up on co-codemine and anti-inflammatories, plus i'm spitting more blood than, erm, someone who spits blood a lot.

The question is, should I still go to the match tomorrow?

Currently, the drugs are working, maaaan, but opening my jaw further than a centimetre is currently a no-go.

Also, what's the illest or incapacitated you've ever been when at a match? And what's the worst thing you've ever had that's kept you from even setting off?

I can remember my dad having severe shits on the day on the 93 Cup final - it must have been going through him like air through a sieve for him to miss that one.

in 1983 i has a car crash in ipswich 2 weeks before the semi final at highbury.i punctured a lung,broke my ribs and colarbone and was on a drip for a fortnight.on the day of the semi i discharged myself from hospital, my mates picked me up and i duly attended highbury!! wish i flippinghadn't....never felt so ill and we lost lol

Guest intercity0wl

I had tried to schedule the appointment around our home games, but a cancellation came through today that meant I could get it over and done with.

I'm currently doped up on co-codemine and anti-inflammatories, plus i'm spitting more blood than, erm, someone who spits blood a lot.

Currently, the drugs are working, maaaan, but opening my jaw further than a centimetre is currently a no-go.

Also, what's the illest or incapacitated you've ever been when at a match? And what's the worst thing you've ever had that's kept you from even setting off?

I can remember my dad having severe shits on the day on the 93 Cup final - it must have been going through him like air through a sieve for him to miss that one.

:huh:

I once ill advisedly went to a match knowing I had the shits.

That was not the best choice i've ever made.

edit: I believe it was Sunderland at home, back when we were still a top division side.

Edited by salmonbones

Guest GodsanOwl

In 1966 my dads appendix burst 2 days before the FA Cup Final against Everton.

He had attended every game away in the cup run, all of which we won (obviously).

He missed the final and we lost....he actually still blames himself to this day, although as far as I know there was no way he would have managed to get a tackle in on Trebilcock!!

Get Yersen down,

The wife’s dad is 72 and has been in a wheelchair since his late 20’s and hardly misses a match,

how incapacitated do you have to be.

If you still feel so poo you can listen to it on player mate

:biggrin:

In 24 hours you'll feel a lot better.

The worst I ever felt when I went to a match was this true story.

I had a problem with my tail. The foreskin was constantly cracking and was tight over the head. This proved to be extremely painful when urinating along with urine getting into the cracks and stinging me. The doctor said I would have to have a circumcision.

I went in the hospital on a Monday, had the op and was out by Wednesday. The pain at the time was absolutely horrendous. The head of my tail had swelled to almost double the size.

I thought to myself by Saturday the swelling will have gone down and I’ll be all right for the match. Come Saturday the swelling was still there as was the pain. My head said that I shouldn’t go but my heart won so I went.

I thought I would sit down on the North rather than stand on the Kop as there would be less chance of me bumping into someone and therefore inducing pain.

Anyway, the upshot is that I was pumping into people all afternoon, including at the turnstile, toilet etc.

I returned home in great pain and cursed myself for going.

So in response to your concern is go as having two wisdom teeth removed surely can’t be as bad a having a circumcision.

In 24 hours you'll feel a lot better.

The worst I ever felt when I went to a match was this true story.

I had a problem with my tail. The foreskin was constantly cracking and was tight over the head. This proved to be extremely painful when urinating along with urine getting into the cracks and stinging me. The doctor said I would have to have a circumcision.

I went in the hospital on a Monday, had the op and was out by Wednesday. The pain at the time was absolutely horrendous. The head of my tail had swelled to almost double the size.

I thought to myself by Saturday the swelling will have gone down and I’ll be all right for the match. Come Saturday the swelling was still there as was the pain. My head said that I shouldn’t go but my heart won so I went.

I thought I would sit down on the North rather than stand on the Kop as there would be less chance of me bumping into someone and therefore inducing pain.

Anyway, the upshot is that I was pumping into people all afternoon, including at the turnstile, toilet etc.

I returned home in great pain and cursed myself for going.

So in response to your concern is go as having two wisdom teeth removed surely can’t be as bad a having a circumcision.

:ohmy: :ohmy:

I once ill advisedly went to a match knowing I had the shits.

That was not the best choice i've ever made.

edit: I believe it was Sunderland at home, back when we were still a top division side.

Bad times. I went to Chesterfield suffering from a bad case of the shits during the promotion season. Freezing cold and Saltergate was hardly the most hospitable of away ends at the best of times!

The worst pain I've ever felt is my mate dragging me out of bed to see a rainy 0-0 against Wimbledon.

I'd spent 6 months trying to get a girl into said bed, finally succeeded, I should have stayed there and hopped on again.