Should I stay or should I go?

A mate of mine had a vasectomy the day before we played Hull at home (the Hirsty game). We got him a seat with some leg room at the kop end of the uncovered seats. Hirsty breaks free at the half way line, runs all the way through to goal and bangs one in. Brilliant stuff. But wait, Hirsty spins around and runs towards us with his arms outstretched. Yep, we're all going barmy. My poor mate was as white as a ghost when he finally got sat back down. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Man up and turn up.

I went when when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. Breath stunk, could barely eat, had mouth full of blood regularly. Would it physically stop me from going to watch the Owls? No? Then I cango then. And so should you.

You'll regret it if you don't go to the last game of the season.

I had a molar extracted that took 25 minutes, when it finally gave way it tore a section of my jaw away that remained in the wound unbeknown to the dentist.

The two 'floating' pieces of bone remained in there and got infected, after a week I went back and the dentist gave me three shots then asked if I wanted more, I said yes so he gave me two more.

Doped up on codeine and my face feeling like I'd had a stroke he went in with a pair of tweezers and removed the bone from the wound - a sensation that, despite the painkillers I felt throughout.

During this saga I managed the Colchester three nil drubbing at home and Torquay away (whilst on anti-bacterial and painkilling medication)

DO IT...!!!!!!!!!

I once went to Stoke away with gastroenteritis.

I managed to avoid any accidents on the way there (apart from somebody's nob slipping out of the 5l plastic container that was being passed around to wee wee in and spraying a bit on me) but I lost my pants in the coach park.

Spent virtually all of the game on the bog and was in a state of virtual unconsciousness all the way back sitting near the front in case I had to go quickly.

I finally shat my pants two stops from home on the 95 bus.

Get yourself to the game Kivo.

Think about the elusive tram No. 1463 that you might finally get to see on Hillsborough Corner.

(Somebody tried to sexually molest me during my state of semi-unconsciousness and the bloke was later convicted of fiddling with young un's but that's a story for another day).

Edited by sonofbert2

I once went to Stoke away with gastroenteritis.

I managed to avoid any accidents on the way there (apart from somebody's nob slipping out of the 5l plastic container that was being passed around to wee wee in and spraying a bit on me) but I lost my pants in the coach park.

Spent virtually all of the game on the bog and was in a state of virtual unconsciousness all the way back sitting near the front in case I had to go quickly.

I finally shat my pants two stops from home on the 95 bus.

Get yourself to the game Kivo.

Think about the elusive tram No. 1463 that you might finally get to see on Hillsborough Corner.

(Somebody tried to sexually molest me during my state of semi-unconsciousness and the bloke was later convicted of fiddling with young un's but that's a story for another day).

Best. Owlstalk post. Ever.

Guest Big Guns

This aftertoon I had an operation to rep two wisdom teeth from my mouth.

I had tried to schedule the appointment around our home games, but a cancellation came through today that meant I could get it over and done with.

I'm currently doped up on co-codemine and anti-inflammatories, plus i'm spitting more blood than, erm, someone who spits blood a lot.

The question is, should I still go to the match tomorrow?

Currently, the drugs are working, maaaan, but opening my jaw further than a centimetre is currently a no-go.

Also, what's the illest or incapacitated you've ever been when at a match? And what's the worst thing you've ever had that's kept you from even setting off?

I can remember my dad having severe shits on the day on the 93 Cup final - it must have been going through him like air through a sieve for him to miss that one.

oi kivo do you collect forklift truck numbers ,went somewere yesterday and they had loads all with different nos on ,pm me if you want the location

Guest Big Guns

Give it a miss Kivo. Wisdom teeth are rumbleing horrible, the bleeding can go on for days.

in the early 90s an evening game against the blunts ,after a heavy potting session we got a mini bus from ecco to the ground when we got of on tailtone rd a big crew of blunts were attacking wednesday fans ,so we ran straight into em and started giving them a proper hiding ,next minute id been flung in the air and landed chin first on the pavement ,needed four stiches in my vera and my back teeth were shattered ,flippingcop horse charged us and hit me head on ,i was in a proper flippingtangle ,the first aiders patched me up ,i watched the game and went drinking again after the match

in the early 90s an evening game against the blunts ,after a heavy potting session we got a mini bus from ecco to the ground when we got of on tailtone rd a big crew of blunts were attacking wednesday fans ,so we ran straight into em and started giving them a proper hiding ,next minute id been flung in the air and landed chin first on the pavement ,needed four stiches in my vera and my back teeth were shattered ,flippingcop horse charged us and hit me head on ,i was in a proper flippingtangle ,the first aiders patched me up ,i watched the game and went drinking again after the match

You got knocked down by a pig fan?

Guest Big Guns

You got knocked down by a pig fan?

no the police horse charged us and hit me head on skittled about 5 of us but i got the full impact ,good job realy cos i think a mere mortal would have been killed

Guest Big Guns

Remember Jackanory?

Your wasted on here pal.

jackanory.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

its atrue story theres a poster on here who was there giving the blunts some ,im sure when he reads this he will tell you its true.

its atrue story theres a poster on here who was there giving the blunts some ,im sure when he reads this he will tell you its true.

You all need to rumbleing grow up then and realise its only a sport and mindless arseholes like you are one of the reasons for dwindling crowds.

Destroying the family atmosphere.

Leave the fighting to the real men over in Afgan not some coked up casuals wanting a tear up!

Edited by GHS

Guest BoomTownOwls

I discharged myself Halfway through a heart transplant.

Watched Wednesday get thumped 7-1 by Forest in a heartless performance.

Checked myself back in by tea time and they put the new one in.

Edited by BoomTownOwls

I discharged myself Halfway through a heart transplant (they hadn't put the new one in yet).

Watched Wednesday get thumped 7-1 by Forest in a heartless performance.

Checked myself back in by tea time and they put the new one in.

winner-theme.gif

Beats my sexual abuse any day that fella. :biggrin:

Guest Big Guns

You all need to rumbleing grow up then and realise its only a sport and mindless arseholes like you are one of the reasons for dwindling crowds.

Leave the fighting to the real men over in Afgan not some coked up casuals wanting a tear up!

yes its cos of me that the crowds are down from an incident in the early 90s nowt to do with the years of crap football its cos of me ,also you should be thanking us for looking after the wednesday fans who were getting a beating of the blunts.

I agree with this in the main.

However, their lot were around the back of The Kop attacking the families who should be allowed to go to a game without hassle.

Sometimes it happens and it's justified. Big Guns never said they went looking for it which is pathetic IMO.

Guest Big Guns

I agree with this in the main.

However, their lot were around the back of The Kop attacking the families who should be allowed to go to a game without hassle.

Sometimes it happens and it's justified. Big Guns never said they went looking for it which is pathetic IMO.

we didnt go lookin 4 it we got of the minibus to see em attacking innocent wednesday fans so we steamed em

FFS. I went to the League CuP Final in 91 with Colitis. I farted all the way there. All through the game. All the way home. Nearly poo poo myself on numerous occasions. Even the frigging coach driver could smell it down the front. I blamed everybody else. But it was me. :blush:

But I still flippingwent ya big girl.