Depressed

Anyone else wake up this morning hoping it was all a bad dream? That Wednesday had actually turned the corner and picked up a crucial three points instead of breaking the record yet again for the worst performance ever?

I'm not fussed if anyone tells me I need to get a life (goes without saying), and that I shouldn't let it affect me so much, but to be honest Wednesday right now ARE ruining my life.

I was 14 when we were first relegated from the Premier League and cried my eyes out, we weren't ever meant to be relegated, that was for other clubs like Oldham, Southampton and Blackburn.

Ten years on we've been relegated to the Third Division (twice), something I thought i'd never ever see.

Yet despite having gone through three relegations in my 25 years on this planet, the thought of seeing Wednesday relegated to the FOURTH Division for the first time in our near 150 year history, utterly utterly terrifies me.

I just cannot believe we're in such a position. We've tried everything, different managers, different players, takeover - it just gets worse and worse.

It wouldn't be so bad if there were only 2 or 3 games left, or if we had started to improve, but we've got 8 games to go, and are in absolute freefall at the worst possible time.

We can't score for toffee, and we're leaking goals every game.

I just cannot see a way out of it.

We have five home games left - to anyone else that'd be a massive bonus, to us it's a nightmare. The players look petrified on the hallowed Hillsborough turf, where men like Tommy Crawshaw, Andrew Wilson, Jim McCalliog and Chris Waddle once strutted their stuff.

So away from home, three games, all of them against sides desperate for points. Just where the **** are we getting another 8 points from?

The players DO put a shift in, but work rate is entirely different from battle. Running around like headless chickens gets you nowhere if you don't concentrate it properly. And the manager seems intent on destroying his players' confidence by dropping them when he says they've done well (Quote - "We won 12 out of 13 headers from Dagenham's corners on Saturday, and we need more defending like that" - then makes six chages for the next games)

The worst thing of course is the fact that we as fans can do absolutely jack poo poo about it. We protested when off the field problems meant our very existence was at stake, and some would say we were successful, but there's nothing we can do about our current predicament.

We've had enough stick to last a lifetime over the last 15 years, but it seems the bad times that we were sick of a decade ago have only just begun.

I really wish I could see a light at the end of the tunnel, a fairytale ending, but right now there's nothing.

Fed up.

Anyone else wake up this morning hoping it was all a bad dream? That Wednesday had actually turned the corner and picked up a crucial three points instead of breaking the record yet again for the worst performance ever?

I'm not fussed if anyone tells me I need to get a life (goes without saying), and that I shouldn't let it affect me so much, but to be honest Wednesday right now ARE ruining my life.

I was 14 when we were first relegated from the Premier League and cried my eyes out, we weren't ever meant to be relegated, that was for other clubs like Oldham, Southampton and Blackburn.

Ten years on we've been relegated to the Third Division (twice), something I thought i'd never ever see.

Yet despite having gone through three relegations in my 25 years on this planet, the thought of seeing Wednesday relegated to the FOURTH Division for the first time in our near 150 year history, utterly utterly terrifies me.

I just cannot believe we're in such a position. We've tried everything, different managers, different players, takeover - it just gets worse and worse.

It wouldn't be so bad if there were only 2 or 3 games left, or if we had started to improve, but we've got 8 games to go, and are in absolute freefall at the worst possible time.

We can't score for toffee, and we're leaking goals every game.

We have five home games left - to anyone else that'd be a massive bonus, to us it's a nightmare. The players look petrified on the hallowed Hillsborough turf, where men like Tommy Crawshaw, Andrew Wilson, Jim McCalliog and Chris Waddle once strutted their stuff.

So away from home, three games, all of them against sides desperate for points. Just where the **** are we getting another 8 points from?

The players DO put a shift in, but work rate is entirely different from battle. Running around like headless chickens gets you nowhere if you don't concentrate it properly. And the manager seems intent on destroying his players' confidence by dropping them when he says they've done well (Quote - "We won 12 out of 13 headers from Dagenham's corners on Saturday, and we need more defending like that" - then makes six chages for the next games)

The worst thing of course is the fact that we as fans can do absolutely jack poo poo about it. We protested when off the field problems meant our very existence was at stake, and some would say we were successful, but there's nothing we can do about our current predicament.

We've had enough stick to last a lifetime over the last 15 years, but it seems the bad times that we were sick of a decade ago have only just begun.

I really wish I could see a light at the end of the tunnel, a fairytale ending, but right now there's nothing.

Fed up.

This!! I thought when we last went down that we would have done our time, That amazing day in Cardiff was meant to close the lid in this dark chapter and when we get up to the Premiership you could look back and tell your kids, I was at Cardiff that day. Our fans and Sheffield Wednesday in general have more then paid the dues, give us just a bit of success, its more than deserved...:sad:

On the upside, we have a great chairman and no debt.

Trying to be positive. Call it half-glass-full mentality.

as much as i do love the chairman for saving the club, clearing the debt and his straight talking.. I think MM need to realise he too has made 3 major errors since taking over that ultimately have also played a part in our dire league position.

1 - left it far too long to get rid of irvine

2 - giving irvine the transfer money to spend in january to sign poo

3 - appointing megson

Last few games I've thought about chucking my season ticket into the River Don.

I haven't yet, but it really is a worthless piece of plastic now.

I don't want to go to anymore games, but I will only for the opportunity to meet up with some friends.

Sick and tired of it all to be honest.

This team is even crapper than the one that Turner sent out in 03/04.

You have to witness games lol last nigh to enjoy the good stuff. That's what makes u a fan.

I hope in 10 years time when we are a prem club we can all look bak and smile about how bad we we're that night against Brentford.

We said that ten years ago when Norwich and WImbledon beat us 0-5 at Hillsborough.

Last few games I've thought about chucking my season ticket into the River Don.

I haven't yet, but it really is a worthless piece of plastic now.

I don't want to go to anymore games, but I will only for the opportunity to meet up with some friends.

Sick and tired of it all to be honest.

This team is even crapper than the one that Turner sent out in 03/04.

Like wise!! It's a day event for myself getting trains from Cardiff etc, but I used to love it because I felt a part of it like everybody else, however I'm going to lose my job in July (almost certain because of funding from the government) and last night I did think is it work it, £60 on the trains and losing a whole day in the weekend for it? I've already started paying for next seasons season ticket which will be a problem I'm sure. :sad:

Every week it seems weve hit rock bottom and can only get better, but it just keeps on getting worse every single week !

We are the only team in the world who could be 2nd in the league, taken over by an excellent new chairman who wipes away all our debt, and in 3 months now be facing the VERY real threat of relegation !

No other club in the world would that happen im convinced.

But thats what makes us Sheffield Wednesday. We are such an utterly ridiculous unpredictable bag of poo poo , but they keep me going week after week, keep turning up for more of the same. Every single person on this board lives and breathes for Sheffield Wednesday FC. We just need to keep our chins up, take the rough with the smooth (if we ever get any) ... and enjoy the good times even more !

We can't score for toffee, and we're leaking goals every game.I've had a 15year nightmare

Fed up.

On the upside, we have a great chairman and no debt.

Trying to be positive. Call it half-glass-full mentality.

This is the one positive. A chairman who is willing to invest and wants to make a profit. That requires success.

Wednesday's fortunes does affect my life - if we're winning and on a good run, I can't wait for matches and the weekends. Even get the whole family and friends involved. It can lift your mood. At the moment it's the opposite - just makes you angry and feel despair.

But I know that I have much much much more important things in life - so if we get relegated for the first time in our history, so be it. I think knowing we have Milan makes me more positive about the future. That and a few months ago there was a very real chance of no club at all.

You have to witness games lol last nigh to enjoy the good stuff. That's what makes u a fan.

I hope in 10 years time when we are a prem club we can all look bak and smile about how bad we we're that night against Brentford.

i wish this was true Dan, i'd love us to be in the prem in the next five years but no way is that gonna happen ...

imagine getting relegated to the bottom tier of professional english football ... jesus wept ...

as much as i do love the chairman for saving the club, clearing the debt and his straight talking.. I think MM need to realise he too has made 3 major errors since taking over that ultimately have also played a part in our dire league position.

1 - left it far too long to get rid of irvine - If he sacked Irvine straight away he would have been seen as 'Trigger Happy'

2 - giving irvine the transfer money to spend in january to sign poo - Same as first point and If he didn't give him money to spend everyone would have been moaning

3 - appointing megson - Good Appointment

Bits in bold highlight why he did these things.

Edited by EcclesallOwl