I think it was a penalty

Guest Big Guns

another example of people quick, too quick in this case, to have a dig at the "easy targets" of Potter and co.

the amount of abuse players get off our own fans, its no wonder that we cant buy a win at home.

perhaps we should lay off the finger pointing threads, certainly for this season, and just focus on getting behind the team?

why the flip should we when we should be ten points in front of brighton flip off theyd be no abuse if the wan ers ad delivered

why the flip should we when we should be ten points in front of brighton flip off theyd be no abuse if the wan ers ad delivered

what good do you honestly think that will acheive?? theres only a few games left, if you want players to bust a gut, making them feel wanted is going to get a better response than booing them.

Guest Big Guns

what good do you honestly think that will acheive?? theres only a few games left, if you want players to bust a gut, making them feel wanted is going to get a better response than booing them.

the old saying cums to mind you reep wot you saw or summat like that but i get it :huh:

the old saying cums to mind you reep wot you saw or summat like that but i get it :huh:

the players should be busting a gut anyway.

But the atmosphere of a hostile home crowd does affect the confidence, and ultimately performance. we arent helping by getting on their case, however much they deserve it.

If the difference between us staying up and going down is the home games (which it looks like it is) we arent going to help the situation by turning against them. let Megson get shut of the weak and useless in summer, but for the last few games we should try to stay on the same side..

If theirs was a penalty (and I hate to see those kinds of things given as there is no intent whatsoever and the player concerned was hardly waving his arms over his head or anything), then the one at the other end shortly afterwards certainly was. Their guy did have his arms up.

Easy to see why Megson lost his rag.

I still don't think theirs was a penalty.

However if he gives them their one, he HAS to give the one down the other end from Madine's shot 5 minutes later having seen the replay.

FFS, their defender jumps with his hands in the air and blocks a mishit shot = no penalty.

Sedgwick keeps his hands relatively close to his body and gets the ball smashed from 3 yards and it's given without a moments thought.

The ref is in a perfect position for both, and yet makes two completely different decisions which cost one side the game.

Yet Megson will get a 3 game touchline ban and the ref will be getting paid for doing a poo job next saturday somewhere else.

If theirs was a penalty (and I hate to see those kinds of things given as there is no intent whatsoever and the player concerned was hardly waving his arms over his head or anything), then the one at the other end shortly afterwards certainly was. Their guy did have his arms up.

Easy to see why Megson lost his rag.

^^^

After seeing it on TV perhaps it can be argued that the ref was within his rights to give a pen - but its such a crap way to see your team battle so hard and then be undone by such a minor thing that some referee's would just wave away. But if there was a more 'understanding' handball decision to give then its when a player is taking a shot that is on target and a players hand diverting the ball - like the one we had turned down a few minutes later - and thats trying to be as unbias as possible.

Dagenham would never have scored today but for that Pen, John Still walking out with his arm around the ref and having a cosy little chat must have worked wonders.

Guest intercity0wl

Inonsistancy again from referees.

One thing that is consistent about them is they are consistently Bad, lost count of the number of times i have said at games that this one cannot be as bad as last weeks, only to find they invariably are.

One thing that is consistent about them is they are consistently Bad, lost count of the number of times i have said at games that this one cannot be as bad as last weeks, only to find they invariably are.

Spot on.....the standard of the refs at Wednesday matches is absolutely disgraceful.

Just seen penalty incident on league show and it was just another example of a w@nk ref.

Bo11ocks to respect for refs in football, many of em want to be part of the show and to do that they have to make dodgy calls in key areas to get in the papers.

Little Hitler jobsworths pi$$ me off.

Its not just Wednesday that ruin my weekend, its cr@p referees trying to get on the news that are ruining the game for me.

Just had the benefit of watching the penalty incident frame by frame with digital recorder. As their player shapes up to kick the ball Buxton/Morrison (couldnt tell from highlights) and Potter are in front of the player and in the box. Potter has his left arm across his stomach. As the player swings his leg Potter extends his arm out to the side and its there when the cross is attempted. Ok sure some refs might have given ball to hand but the ref was bang in line with Potter and about two yards away. If you watch the sequence slowly I think you can see why he gave a penalty.

If however you watch it at normal speed it looks like ball to hand. I think Potter is to blame.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I thought refs looked at things in normal speed Refs Boob !!

Didn't think it was a pen at the game, looking at the replay it was VERY harsh, but the ball did hit his hand.

I was also pissed off when O'Donnell got booked for timewasting, he took about 3 seconds too long and got a yellow card. Time and time again at Hillsborough (and that thrower at Tranmere as well), keepers take an age over every single goal kick and only rarely get a yellow after about their third warning.