I think it was a penalty

Just had the benefit of watching the penalty incident frame by frame with digital recorder. As their player shapes up to kick the ball Buxton/Morrison (couldnt tell from highlights) and Potter are in front of the player and in the box. Potter has his left arm across his stomach. As the player swings his leg Potter extends his arm out to the side and its there when the cross is attempted. Ok sure some refs might have given ball to hand but the ref was bang in line with Potter and about two yards away. If you watch the sequence slowly I think you can see why he gave a penalty.

If however you watch it at normal speed it looks like ball to hand. I think Potter is to blame.

Just had the benefit of watching the penalty incident frame by frame with digital recorder. As their player shapes up to kick the ball Buxton/Morrison (couldnt tell from highlights) and Potter are in front of the player and in the box. Potter has his left arm across his stomach. As the player swings his leg Potter extends his arm out to the side and its there when the cross is attempted. Ok sure some refs might have given ball to hand but the ref was bang in line with Potter and about two yards away. If you watch the sequence slowly I think you can see why he gave a penalty.

If however you watch it at normal speed it looks like ball to hand. I think Potter is to blame.

Utter poo Potter jumped while turning away from the ball it was never ball to hand! D and R manager was caught giving the ref love bites at half time REF to blame a definate PIG in disguise

Guest Davidowls

Seen the incident on SSN and I could have sworn it was Sedgwick and he got booked for it!

Think Sedgwick was booked for dissent

Utter poo Potter jumped while turning away from the ball it was never ball to hand! D and R manager was caught giving the ref love bites at half time REF to blame a definate PIG in disguise

Does this read Utter poo . Potter OR Utter poo Potter.

The latter me thinks

Never, ever a penalty in a million years having seen it live.

Whether the TV shows me otherwise i don'tknow, but from my seat and in real time, Sedgwick (who i think was the 'guilty' party?) had his arms by his sides and at waist height and had split seconds to react.

His arm was clearly away from his body and stopped the ball going across the goal - harsh but the ref was within rights to award it without doubt

His arm was clearly away from his body and stopped the ball going across the goal - harsh but the ref was within rights to award it without doubt

I'm not claiming they were behind his back or anything, but to me (i was sitting just about in line with it albeit from a distance) he hadn't jumped with his arms out and certainly couldn't get the offending upper limb out of the way.

If the boot were on the other foot, i would consider us extremely lucky to get a penalty for that.

By the way (whilst we're on the subjects of penalties) should we have had one about 5 minutes after theirs? I didn't really see the incident in question but some fans were going absolutely bananas at the ref for not giving us one?

I'm not claiming they were behind his back or anything, but to me (i was sitting just about in line with it albeit from a distance) he hadn't jumped with his arms out and certainly couldn't get the offending upper limb out of the way.

If the boot were on the other foot, i would consider us extremely lucky to get a penalty for that.

By the way (whilst we're on the subjects of penalties) should we have had one about 5 minutes after theirs? I didn't really see the incident in question but some fans were going absolutely bananas at the ref for not giving us one?

It was harsh - it wasn't deliberate but Sedgwick's arm was away from his body when the ball hit - unfortunate and no way was it a stonewaller - but the ref wasn't wrong to award it - just as he could have let it slide and justified it

Didn't see the incident you're referring to - only saw our goal and their pen

It might have been sedgwick not Potter, tbh looking at it on a small screen with my ageing peepers they can be hard to tell apart. I cant see whose who across the Hillsborough pitch with my glasses on. However the point stands about the arm being out and fully extended. If youre a defender its an absolute no no!

Nah don't think so, still claimed it with every other supporter but looked like it just hit his leg, although Teale and Miller looked certain it should have been. Megson was sent off immediately after the corner was given. Thought our one was definitely not a penalty. No way Sedgwick could have got out of the way of that. Just because he shouldn't have an arm out doesn't mean it's a penalty; ball to hand every day of the week.

Pretty sure it was Sedgwick - not his fault but still one that gets given often.

Teh ref wasn't wrong but on a good day we get away with it

this x Infinity

ref isn't cheating, isn't biased against us, doesn't want D&R to win, doesn't want us to go down, isn't after all the limelight. It's football, stuff goes against you from time to time. Last home game, Weaver ran out of the area with the ball in his hands before throwing it out and the ref said nothing, if he'd been switched on, Weaver gets an early red in the style of Pressman v Wolves all those years ago. poo poo happens, move on, stop crying.

another example of people quick, too quick in this case, to have a dig at the "easy targets" of Potter and co.

the amount of abuse players get off our own fans, its no wonder that we cant buy a win at home.

perhaps we should lay off the finger pointing threads, certainly for this season, and just focus on getting behind the team?

this x Infinity

ref isn't cheating, isn't biased against us, doesn't want D&R to win, doesn't want us to go down, isn't after all the limelight. It's football, stuff goes against you from time to time. Last home game, Weaver ran out of the area with the ball in his hands before throwing it out and the ref said nothing, if he'd been switched on, Weaver gets an early red in the style of Pressman v Wolves all those years ago. poo poo happens, move on, stop crying.

Makes it a bit harder after spending a lot of time and money to get there and it is inufriating to see decisions like that just make the journey even worse. Obviously weren't there..