I think it was a penalty

Guest will_b_goode

Just had the benefit of watching the penalty incident frame by frame with digital recorder. As their player shapes up to kick the ball Buxton/Morrison (couldnt tell from highlights) and Potter are in front of the player and in the box. Potter has his left arm across his stomach. As the player swings his leg Potter extends his arm out to the side and its there when the cross is attempted. Ok sure some refs might have given ball to hand but the ref was bang in line with Potter and about two yards away. If you watch the sequence slowly I think you can see why he gave a penalty.

If however you watch it at normal speed it looks like ball to hand. I think Potter is to blame.

So, you watched it frame by frame and really concentrated but still couldn't tell it was Sedgewick and not Potter?

It was hand ball in the box and sometimes you get these sometimes you don't. I know if the same incident had been us attacking and Dagenham with the hand ball we would have all been screaming penalty. Decisions like this invairably even out over the season. Bottom line is we wer'nt good enough to win the game.

It was hand ball in the box and sometimes you get these sometimes you don't. I know if the same incident had been us attacking and Dagenham with the hand ball we would have all been screaming penalty. Decisions like this invairably even out over the season. Bottom line is we wer'nt good enough to win the game.

:mellow:

If they needed a controversial penalty in the 78th minute to actually test the opposition goalkeeper then I'm not sure you can say they were deserving of a point.

Regardless of whether we were or we weren't, it shouldn't be down to a sh*t decision to determine the result.

Guest Triplej2

The penalty matters not a jot. If we're good enough to stay up we will, if not, we won't. If we go down by 2 points I certainly won't be pointing to that dodgy penalty as the reason.

We have 3 home games now and if we don't win 2 of those we flipping deserve to go down.

Potter is testicles and shouldnt be any where near the reserves never mind the first team anyway. The guy cant attack or defend, pick Potter and this is what happens. If you have your hands up then you are asking for trouble. As soon as this cretin is out of the club the better.

All the happy clappers can now make this comment negative even though deep down they know its true.

Edited by Andrew6666

Potter is testicles and shouldnt be any where near the reserves never mind the first team anyway. The guy cant attack or defend, pick Potter and this is what happens. If you have your hands up then you are asking for trouble. As soon as this cretin is out of the club the better.

All the happy clappers can now make this comment negative even though deep down they know its true.

:rolleyes:

So Potter gave away the penalty now?

He had a decent game on Saturday I thought as well

This reminds me of the hysterical bullshit that Purse used to endure after games - even when it was clearly established he wasn't at fault

Potter wasn'rt to blame because it wasn't his hand that the ball hit - you can hardly blame him for where anoither player decides to position his arm

Although it looks like you just didi

Just seen it on the Football League show. It is a harsh penalty, but I've seen similar given before. What annoyed me more is the one at the other end for us was even more blatent and he didnt give it. No consistency.

Also, this isnt the first time Meggo has blamed a ref. If we SCORE MORE GOALS, then 1 dodgy decision by a referee isn't going to effect the result.

A - It wasnt Potter

B - hes arguably one of the more talented CM in league 1, hes just not shown it on a consistent enough basis.

C - posts like yours highlight everything thats wrong with some of our fan base. a needless, pointless attack on one of our own players for something he didnt even do.

The sooner we get cretins like YOU out of our club, the better.

Guest Triplej2

A - It wasnt Potter

B - hes arguably one of the more talented CM in league 1, hes just not shown it on a consistent enough basis.

C - posts like yours highlight everything thats wrong with some of our fan base. a needless, pointless attack on one of our own players for something he didnt even do.

The sooner we get cretins like YOU out of our club, the better.

I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that Potter is one of the most talented CM's in league 1.

He never runs a game, his passing is almost exclusively sideways. I can't remember him EVER knocking into a strikers feet and going for the 1-2.

He can't really tackle, he never takes the game by the scruff, he aint strong on the ball and he's not quick and he almost never scores.

If you talk about talent, then possibly he once had a silky way about him but that's seldom seen and anyway that is NOWHERE near enough for a Central midfielder.

I'm not looking for an argument, i just ruly believe Potter is a complete waste of a wage.

I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that Potter is one of the most talented CM's in league 1.

He never runs a game, his passing is almost exclusively sideways. I can't remember him EVER knocking into a strikers feet and going for the 1-2.

He can't really tackle, he never takes the game by the scruff, he aint strong on the ball and he's not quick and he almost never scores.

If you talk about talent, then possibly he once had a silky way about him but that's seldom seen and anyway that is NOWHERE near enough for a Central midfielder.

I'm not looking for an argument, i just ruly believe Potter is a complete waste of a wage.

If you look through the division and pick out the CM that want the ball to feet and are able to play the ball to feet, you will struggle.

I like Potter for his ability to stay calm and retain possession, something 95% of our signings in the last ten years have been hopeless at doing. he does get back (watch the next game he plays, hes one of the first ones back when teams counter attack us) i just think he was wasted under irvine, who made him play further back in front of the back four and stunted both his and Coke from pushing forward.

ill happily admit hes not been good enough this season, nor was he last season. but who was? what grates me is the people who make him a scapegoat, as they did with purse, buxton, etc. potter, in an attacking style wednesday team, would be an asset, thats just my opinion.

Guest Triplej2

If you look through the division and pick out the CM that want the ball to feet and are able to play the ball to feet, you will struggle.

I like Potter for his ability to stay calm and retain possession, something 95% of our signings in the last ten years have been hopeless at doing. he does get back (watch the next game he plays, hes one of the first ones back when teams counter attack us) i just think he was wasted under irvine, who made him play further back in front of the back four and stunted both his and Coke from pushing forward.

ill happily admit hes not been good enough this season, nor was he last season. but who was? what grates me is the people who make him a scapegoat, as they did with purse, buxton, etc. potter, in an attacking style wednesday team, would be an asset, thats just my opinion.

What gets me about Potter is that a cm's job requires the ability/desire/swagger to run the game, even in a poor side. Potter for me, doesn't have those attributes. His sideways nothing balls are a sign of someone who wants rid and doesn't want to take responsibility. He may well keep posession by laying it off but HE is supposed to be the one to make things happen, not a full back who invariably knocks it long.

Look at the truly good CM's like Parker, lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, etc... They can all run a game, chip in with goals, they are constantly busying themselves, getting involved, driving forward and working situations through thinking and movement. Potter doesn't do any of that IMO, he's a passenger.

People say there's no movement up front and to a point it's true but that shouldn't stop him knocking it into feet and bombing forward.

For me he's paralysed with fear and doesn't grasp the nettle. Sorry it's just my opinion.

What gets me about Potter is that a cm's job requires the ability/desire/swagger to run the game, even in a poor side. Potter for me, doesn't have those attributes. His sideways nothing balls are a sign of someone who wants rid and doesn't want to take responsibility. He may well keep posession by laying it off but HE is supposed to be the one to make things happen, not a full back who invariably knocks it long.

Look at the truly good CM's like Parker, lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, etc... They can all run a game, chip in with goals, they are constantly busying themselves, getting involved, driving forward and working situations through thinking and movement. Potter doesn't do any of that IMO, he's a passenger.

People say there's no movement up front and to a point it's true but that shouldn't stop him knocking it into feet and bombing forward.

For me he's paralysed with fear and doesn't grasp the nettle. Sorry it's just my opinion.

to be fair, theres little point comparing any League 1 CMs with Premier League internationals.

However, what they also do very well is retain possession. look further into it, and they have full backs pushing forward, other midfielders and strikers running into space, and they are able to pick a forward pass out. we dont have any of that, so where else is potter going to play it? sideways and backwards, for it to invariably get hoofed forward and possession lost.

he does knock it to feet, very rarely does he give the ball away. alongside coke and osbourne, i really do think he could be an asset. hes just not doing it for wednesday, nbut again - who is? If megson can sort the style of play out, get some confidence in the squad and start playing an attacking style, Potter would be an asset im confident of that. whilever we have a lack of options moving forward, and players that panic with the ball, your right Potter will not be any use to us in attack.

Guest Triplej2

to be fair, theres little point comparing any League 1 CMs with Premier League internationals.

However, what they also do very well is retain possession. look further into it, and they have full backs pushing forward, other midfielders and strikers running into space, and they are able to pick a forward pass out. we dont have any of that, so where else is potter going to play it? sideways and backwards, for it to invariably get hoofed forward and possession lost.

he does knock it to feet, very rarely does he give the ball away. alongside coke and osbourne, i really do think he could be an asset. hes just not doing it for wednesday, nbut again - who is? If megson can sort the style of play out, get some confidence in the squad and start playing an attacking style, Potter would be an asset im confident of that. whilever we have a lack of options moving forward, and players that panic with the ball, your right Potter will not be any use to us in attack.

I'm off to bed now so i'll just say this: He's progressively (regressively?) working his way down the leagues because no club has ever really wanted him. If he was gonna be a midfield general he would have done it by now. My honest opinion is that he's not suited to the modern game - He doesn't a have a big heart for the battle, he's not particularly athletic, he clearly has confidence issues, he aint much of a tackler or goalscorer, he's not a hard man and for a so-called "footballer" his passing is safe, predictable and unspectacular.

Thankyou and goodnight, Sorry Darren :sad:

I'm off to bed now so i'll just say this: He's progressively (regressively?) working his way down the leagues because no club has ever really wanted him. If he was gonna be a midfield general he would have done it by now. My honest opinion is that he's not suited to the modern game - He doesn't a have a big heart for the battle, he's not particularly athletic, he clearly has confidence issues, he aint much of a tackler or goalscorer, he's not a hard man and for a so-called "footballer" his passing is safe, predictable and unspectacular.

Thankyou and goodnight, Sorry Darren :sad:

one for when you get back online then.

weve been moaning about hoofball and players panicking with the ball. Potter is one of the few who doesnt. instead of blaming him, maybe we should be expecting the forward players to be showing themselves for the passes. jones and buxton at fullback would get a lot more forward..