Heffernan

Absolutely wrong match to switch to a 442, very, very poor decision.

Perfect time to do it.

When is the right time?

Try it in a home game under loads of pressure to win in a couple of weeks time or away at Southampton in a game you're expected to lose?

I think he's trying to get his head around the best system/line up for the run in.

Also, importantly, who wants to really be here come next season.

Guest Stereophonics

Amazing, when heffernan is crap its cos he doesn't get service but when morrison doesn't play well its cos he is lazy

When he got the ball his first touch was appalling and he constantly gave it away, he wasn't the worst but he was not the best , I think we should have stuck to 4-5-1 away and played him in a 4-4-2 at home

This is the problem some fans have. Heff was poor and ineffective FACT!

C Morrison is a better player. HIm and Madine from now on IMO.

We don't have time to try to get that partnership to work, we can put him on in the last 10 minutes when he is effective.

spot on he was and is rubbish ,the people looking at him to save our season seem to think hes a class player ,clutching at big flippingstraws come to mind ,hes poo a donny flippingreject

God you three talk absolute b*llocks.

In the first half he controlled near enough every ball that came to him and played it to a Wednesday man every time. Second half admittedly he didn't do much, but neither did any other player.

Look I want Heff to be as good as Hirsty, but he aint, I can't say he deserved a run in because I have no idea what he is like in training.

From what I have seen I think he's a good impact sub.

I do think C Morrison is the better footballer out of the two though and therefore would start Madine and Morrison for the next match.

Guest Big Guns

God you three talk absolute b*llocks.

In the first half he controlled near enough every ball that came to him and played it to a Wednesday man every time. Second half admittedly he didn't do much, but neither did any other player.

tek your blue tinted glasses off he was poo the invisable man ,good players make things happen , i strive for much flippingbetter than flippingheef or wot ever his name is

Look I want Heff to be as good as Hirsty, but he aint, I can't say he deserved a run in because I have no idea what he is like in training.

From what I have seen I think he's a good impact sub.

I do think C Morrison is the better footballer out of the two though and therefore would start Madine and Morrison for the next match.

If Morrison is the better footballer then he certainly isn't showing it! I can't remember the last good game he's had! Also, 6 goals in 21 league starts is rubbish.

He is poo poo. Morrison should start with madine

And what basis should he start on? He offers nothing currently, he won't chase defenders down, he just flaps his hands around and falls down if anyone comes near him. If that is the sort of player you want then so be it.

Personally I prefer someone who will do the leg work, bust his gut to get into the box at every opportunity, has a good touch, and brings other players in at every opportunity, and also is a proven goalscorer in this division.

Guest 03 owl

Amazing, when heffernan is crap its cos he doesn't get service but when morrison doesn't play well its cos he is lazy

Because time and time again through the season he has missed some right sitters and he does just back in all the time, no wonder he has a back injury :biggrin: .

He is a decent Footballer but think we where expecting a bit more return from him.

If Morrison is the better footballer then he certainly isn't showing it! I can't remember the last good game he's had! Also, 6 goals in 21 league starts is rubbish.

And what basis should he start on? He offers nothing currently, he won't chase defenders down, he just flaps his hands around and falls down if anyone comes near him. If that is the sort of player you want then so be it.

Personally I prefer someone who will do the leg work, bust his gut to get into the box at every opportunity, has a good touch, and brings other players in at every opportunity, and also is a proven goalscorer in this division.

Blah blah blah

Guest Stereophonics

I take your point. But to be fair to CM I think that he did bust a gut to get in the box when we first signed him but after playing in our side for a while with the crap service he has stopped making some of the runs. A prime example was against Notts County where the ball was pumped up to him, he controlled it well and laid it off to Sedgwick on the wing. He then run into the box only for Sedgwicks cross to hit the first defender. That is how it has been going for ages.

Guest BulleOwl

Although service to both was poor, Heff really lived up to his "invisible man" tag....but for different reasons.

Again as a defence, the service was dire. Madine was fouled 95% of time, but works hard. we need movement and pace alongside him.

Completely agree. Although the service has been bad, at times today and in other games it seems as if he is running from the ball.

Edited by BulleOwl

Of our strikers, we've got the following choices

Heffernan - Hasn't been given much of a chance, and has looked decent on occasion. Hasn't done anything spectacular to secure a place in the team.

Madine - Has looked a good player since we've signed him. Needs better support from midfield if playing as a lone striker.

Mellor - Had a really good start to the season, but a lack of goals in the second half of the season seems to have destroyed his confidence. This is evident in his choice of pass/shot in his recent games. Once he gets a goal, he should improve.

Morrison - Has been inconsistent and hasn't scored many goals, however he has the best footballing brain (in terms of tactics and knowing whats going on) than the rest of the strikers. Attitude could be a worry, but he uses this well to deflect attention from teammates, away from trouble, etc in games.

Edited by Himble

That's pretty much it, what's your point?

Are you suggesting that either Morrison isn't lazy, or that Heffernan is? Because from the evidence I've seen this season you'd be wrong on both counts.

Didn't do much on saturday, but deserves a run of games (at least 2 or 3 starts) alongside Madine.

I wouldn't be surprised (given how Heffernan has been treated all season) if he doesn't start again this season though. In fact i'd be shocked if we don't line up as a 4-5-1 again next week against the Daggers with the Goal Machine up top on his own.

Needs to leave him up top with Madine.

1 game isn't enough to judge from our point of view, and 1 game isn't enough for them to work each other out.

Let them play that role for the remainder of the season, Heff and Madine will be fine. Least of our worries.