Heffernan

Guest Saturday Owl

He was rubbish

Jesus Christ, 285 posts and a -225 reputation? I'm not one for taking it seriously but your a first class nob.

You and 'the realist' have been rubbing on my nut sack all night now, f*ck off!

Guest jake benson

A very informed and well articulated opinion there.

Two points to make on that...

1) He didn't have the service today and at least when he did get the ball he managed to find a Wednesday shirt95% of the time.

2) flip off and come back when you can string a full sentence together.

When he got the ball his first touch was appalling and he constantly gave it away, he wasn't the worst but he was not the best , I think we should have stuck to 4-5-1 away and played him in a 4-4-2 at home

Guest Saturday Owl

1) He didn't have the service today and at least when he did get the ball he managed to find a Wednesday shirt95% of the time.

When he got the ball his first touch was appalling and he constantly gave it away, he wasn't the worst but he was not the best , I think we should have stuck to 4-5-1 away and played him in a 4-4-2 at home

Wow! Did you just string a sentence together? :ohmy: I would +1 it but I disagree with what you said.

said many times on here heffernan is not the answer and while im at it i cant understand why madine gets so much praise on here,they both looked pony 2night

Who we going to play then Mellor??? He hasnt done anything since Carlisle in the JPT and for someone of his size he never wins a flick on where as Madine wins the ball and can hold up play too and Heff has started 2 games all season including tonight he needs a few games to get his match sharpness back

Evidently I, and most other Owlstalkers, are either confusing Heffernan with someone else, or Sky decided to beam a totally different game to you than the rest of us.

Oh, and I've sorted out the 'quotes' problem for you!!

This is the problem some fans have. Heff was poor and ineffective FACT!

C Morrison is a better player. HIm and Madine from now on IMO.

We don't have time to try to get that partnership to work, we can put him on in the last 10 minutes when he is effective.

Morrison has been ineffective for the majority of the time he's been on the pitch all season. Although he may have had a better / more successful career than Heff, I don't think he's a better player now.

I'd much prefer to see Heffernan start every game between now and the end of the season than have Morrison in.

Guest Big Guns

He was rubbish

spot on he was and is rubbish ,the people looking at him to save our season seem to think hes a class player ,clutching at big flippingstraws come to mind ,hes poo a donny flippingreject

One of the few to actually look comfortable on the ball and not treat it like a hot spud or a ball that constantly needs to be booted up in the air and used to play head tennis....needs to be given a run of games but he also needs a better midfield supporting him..

Wow! Did you just string a sentence together? :ohmy: I would +1 it but I disagree with what you said.

don't be encouraging him to string sentences together, his one liners are bad enough.

is the realist, jake bensons dad? lol

and if the two of them have any doubts about being wrong, then as proof, big guns agrees with you... :laugh:

Edited by dnhc

Guest 03 owl

Thought the Heff did well, His control of the ball and overall reading of the game was good, not outstanding by any means, he showed some good link up play and always looked to get in the box. just a pity some of the balls delivered in where poor.

Absolutely wrong match to switch to a 442, very, very poor decision.

He made the mistake in saying that he would start Heffernen during Tuesday nights post match...

After this comment, he could hardly go back on his word..... he was also never going to play him in the "lone role" and he also was never going to drop Madine as he is our only player who I think gives a poo poo..

so.... he put himself in a difficult position and kind of limited his options......

Should have played him at AM in a 5 midfield, would have been more effective than Miller ;) Hell Heff at LM freeing Coke's energy in the centre would have been better, but yes sadly that's probably what it was, shame such an experienced manager let a rash comment get in the way of using tactical nous to put out the best team possible, don't get me wrong I back Megson it's just starting to get really worrying being a Wednesday fan right now :(