Batth + Jones

Guest Saturday Owl

? I thought batth looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Poor

Care to explain? He was one of the better players.

Without being brilliant, best CB pairing we have had for a good few weeks

I thought they both did alright.

Batth was a bit jittery at first, but overall a good first game for a young lad in a new defence.........Jones cleaned up well and won a lot of headers, pretty pleased.

On the other hand, I thought both Morrison and Reynolds were poo at full back.......neither looked convincing defensively and neither tried to get forwards.

Guest londonowl1

the center backs did fine in my opinion, but the full backs are terrible end of.

Spurr and buxton need to replace them

agreed considering the early harsh booking put Batth on the back foot.

was impressed with both, batth looks like a c/b who isn't going to take a ***** slapping off every c/f in the division...and jones looks the part too, he got caught out for the corner...but i thought he looked like a younger darren purse...looks a decent start for the pairing...

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Got to disagree with some of the comments about Reynolds. Thought he did well against a good winger- he looked solid defensively. Agreed didn't get forward too much, but his distribution was good. I think the lad is finding his feet, and confidence, after a jittery start. I think in the long-term this lad will be a good servant to our club.

Got to disagree with some of the comments about Reynolds. Thought he did well against a good winger- he looked solid defensively. Agreed didn't get forward too much, but his distribution was good. I think the lad is finding his feet, and confidence, after a jittery start. I think in the long-term this lad will be a good servant to our club.

agreed

? I thought batth looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Poor

Agree. Wasn't overly impressed with him.

Thought Jones should have done better for the second goal but other than that he looks a vast improvment to our usual cb pairing.

It would be Jones and Reynolds in the center for me. Buxton and Spurr at full back.

Yeah the back five (including ROD) were all fine.

pardon ?

Both full backs were absolutely gash...,

offered nothing going forward, didn't get tight enough to wingers, got skinned or put in "daisy" tackles repeatedly and both had shocking hoofbal distribution

Guest maltaowl

the center backs did fine in my opinion, but the full backs are terrible end of.Spurr and buxton need to replace them

They were pretty poor but to be fair both are naturally centre backs and I thought Morrison was ok