Sport's most intense fans

I absolutely hate stuff like this. It's like all this guff about Stoke being the loudest fans in the Premier League and what a couldron of noise the Britannia is. I went twice in the Championship and it was as quiet as any other middle of the road home game in the Championship is.

We have some pretty intense fans kicking around.

I remember under Laws going to Norwich away. We won 2-1, one of the games in that great run we had under Laws in his first season. I remember clear as day a group of lads aged about 17 in front of me, there were 4 or 5 of them. When we scored our second 3 were crying like babies. Even better, at the final whistle 2 literally collapsed onto the floor in floods of tears and were writhing around as if they had been told their entire family had been killed, as the others tried to pick them up.

I absolutely hate stuff like this. It's like all this guff about Stoke being the loudest fans in the Premier League and what a couldron of noise the Britannia is. I went twice in the Championship and it was as quiet as any other middle of the road home game in the Championship is.

New clubs to the Premiere League always get recognition for being amonst "The best" supported clubs in Britain.

Remember the recognition Pompey got when they first got to the Prem? 2 years earlier the ground was only half full.

I've also been to Stoke and the noise wasn't deffening in the least.

The fact that we have fans that travel up and down the country for most games, some who travel large distances regularly for a so called home game leads me to believe that the Blackpool fans are no greater than ours.

I'm sure if we got to the Prem we'd practically seel out every home game and most of our fans will attend more away games. The Premiership bandwagon fans would show up, like many did when piggies went up.

Rubbish article. That Lech Poznan bunch deserve a mention though after the crowd they brought to an U11 game! I've never seen anything like it!

Does anyone remember the Croatian fans at Euro 96 I think they played Denmark at Hillsborough they were the most intense fans I've seen they took over the Travellers and looked like they'd just arrived from the Bosnain wars.

That article is shocking, some of the reasons are strange to say the least. Liverpool are there because they are popular in Norway?

It's a joke. Stenhousemuir are popular in Norway. Perhaps they should be in the top 10 too? In fact their Norwegian supporters branch even built one of their stands at Ochilview. Can Liverpool say that? Stenny would be just as valid an entry as Blackpool. Ridiculous article!

im sorry but ive been to a game in istanbul, not a derby(they are the maddest) and have to say ive never seen anything like it.

Think i went thru 2 metal detectors to get in the ground.

I was in the quietest end and they spend the whole game stood on the seats bouncing.

Synchronised chants stand by stand... absolutely awesome atmosphere.

im sorry but ive been to a game in istanbul, not a derby(they are the maddest) and have to say ive never seen anything like it.

Think i went thru 2 metal detectors to get in the ground.

I was in the quietest end and they spend the whole game stood on the seats bouncing.

Synchronised chants stand by stand... absolutely awesome atmosphere.

Just like a trip to Blackpool then?

Just like a trip to Blackpool then?

now the bus is full it's unlikely blackpool will be taking anymore away...they are visiting all the away grounds they can while they can as they fully expected to be relegated, it's a total load of b*llox, does someone get paid for this shlte...re minds me when 25 young kids won the kop of the year competition on bbc's sportsnight, or motd...for rotherham

Edited by dnhc

Rubbish article. That Lech Poznan bunch deserve a mention though after the crowd they brought to an U11 game! I've never seen anything like it!

When I first saw this arcticle i immediatley thought of them! They were intense against Man City! But the U11 game was mental!!