gary madine

Guest s6 owls fan

how did you think gary madine did last night thought he was the one of the better strikers for us last night took his goal well and won the penalty, how do you think he did?

Hes bob bar

Thought he did ok, he took his goal very well and like you said he got us the penalty, but at times i thought his touch was poor.

But on the whole he did ok to say he has only played one and half games for us and was playing in a team lacking in confidence at the moment.

Hopeful he will become a decent player for us.

A certain Mr David Hirst's first touch was shocking when he first arrived - lets hope that Madine turns out to be even a 1/4 of the player that Hirsty was!

I was very disappointed with him despite him scoring the goal from nothing really.

There were too many opportunities where he got the ball and was with the last defender and basically just needed to go for goal but insisted on waiting for someone to pass it to ... any on some occassions straight to a Yeovil player.

Personally I think it was more down to Dodgy Irvine's tactics of what they have to do as opposed to what a striker should do ?

BTW - these videos do they include Sponge Bob - because we play more like crabs every game with our sidewards movements?

Also, I am wondering if giving Weaver the captain is affecting his play because the last two games I don't think he has seemed to be concentrating as much - maybe worrying to much about looking where everyone is rather than worrying about his defence ...

Hey but what do I know I don't have the badges .... although the junior side i coach did win 8-2 on saturday and 5-3 the week before ... attack is best form of defence ... maybe i should send AI the video!

Guest andyofsheffield

He did ok, thought he went missing at a few points in the game, but he definatly showed some positives, I thought his touch was good, he wasn't scared to try a few different passes and had the brain to try something else if it wasn't working. And he looks very good in the air, I would be interested to see how many of his goals this season so far have been headers.

A certain Mr David Hirst's first touch was shocking when he first arrived - lets hope that Madine turns out to be even a 1/4 of the player that Hirsty was!

Would be nice, unfortunatly i dont think i will ever get to see another striker in the blue and white stripes anywhere near as good as Hirsty in my lifetime and im only 31 :biggrin:

Feel sorry for the younger fans, feel so lucky to have seen us play with players such as Hirsty, Waddle etc.

Guest owlman1966

:biggrin:

I'm clearly in a disagreement mode today!

I thought Morrison was bloody awful to the point where I thought it was Purse! :biggrin:

THIS^^^^^

The way he ran reminded me of someone else as well last night, but I can't remember who now...

Anyway, we've finally got a player in the top-scorers table: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/top_scorers/default.stm !

GARY MADINE; GOAL MACHINE!

Roger Wylde

Thought he looked good and very mobile in the first half .

Good prospect IMO

He was ok, his touch was poor though, but that will improve he knows where the goal is and as a striker that's all you need really.

I thought Morrison and Reynolds looked poor last night, probably expected as they have been thrown in to the deep end a bit.

Guest TRC_OWL

some of you seem to forget he'sonly 20 and his touch and strength will improve and he will lear to dominate defenders and hold his position when he is under pressure from other defenders

First of all, I'd like to mention Sky did the right thing to get rid of Andy Gray, the sexist pig.

Now I've got that off my chest, Madine did ok in my book. Scored, looked to score, got himself in the right positions, caused a nuisance of himself, I like him.

The girls who go to football to simply look at footballers legs will also like him too. I can see him challenging Tommy Spurr's knicker creaming status.

Took his goal well.

Touch looks neat and tidy. Clever passer.

Nowhere near aggressive enough though. Needs to put himself about abit more.

He stands in positions where he has to challenge for the ball when he'd be better looking for through balls.

If he chucks himself about in the box ala Tudgay in his prime, he'll score loads. Needs to become an arse and knee goals type of striker.

as i did not attend yesterday i spoke to my mate ,who is a season ticket holder, and asked about gary madine he described him in a one word summing up as vvank is this a fair description of the lad or do you think he was still pissed at the result :mellow:

He got a goal, and earned as a penalty kick in 3 halves he played in blue and white so far. I would be delighted if he continue to be "shuffle" at such a rate.

What i noticed that for targetman he is very different to likes of Howard and Parkin. He surely doesn't have such strength, but he is certainly winning his fair share of headers, and looks quite elegant jumping for them without making much contact with defenders. It must be said that Gary is quite mobile for player of his height as well.

He can spot a pass, and execute it well enough, and his first touch aint too bad for such a type of player. Decent finisher too, although when clear through he always seems to pick the same option, placing it low in far corner of the net. confidence or what :blush:

It will be interesting to see how he develop for us, but first signs don't seem bad for me.

Guest wilkotheowl

Poor....worryingly poor. Can't jump and no pace. Looked like a poor man's Andy Booth to me (really hope I'm wrong)

Morrison will be our best central defender since Walker / Pearson. Really can't see why he's receiving criticism.

I agree about Michael Morrison. I work near Leicester, & I was told we had signed a gem by all the Foxes supporters. I feel Madine needs time, but will develop into a good striker. He is still very young.

He had a good spell on loan at Coventry, at a higher level, & didn't look out of place & actually linked up well there with Clinton Morrison.

Very difficult for all the new players at the moment as things are not gelling to say the least!