gary madine

Guest s6 owls fan

Guest s6 owls fan

how did you think gary madine did last night thought he was the one of the better strikers for us last night took his goal well and won the penalty, how do you think he did?

Thought he did ok, he took his goal very well and like you said he got us the penalty, but at times i thought his touch was poor.

But on the whole he did ok to say he has only played one and half games for us and was playing in a team lacking in confidence at the moment.

Hopeful he will become a decent player for us.

it was refreshing to see someone playing up front who could move

he covered alot of ground and showed enthusiasm, something mellor seemed to lack

wasn't given any favours with balls that were played into him when he was surrounded by defenders

good in the air

nice goal and was brave for the pen

all in all a sound home debut for someone so young

how did you think gary madine did last night thought he was the one of the better strikers for us last night took his goal well and won the penalty, how do you think he did?

Poor....worryingly poor. Can't jump and no pace. Looked like a poor man's Andy Booth to me (really hope I'm wrong)

Morrison will be our best central defender since Walker / Pearson. Really can't see why he's receiving criticism.

He showed a lot of promise I thought.

Showed good movement and anticipation at times, seems like he can spot a good pass too (i.e. for Teale to hit the post when he could have rushed a shot himself, which I expected him to do).

Took his goal well, on another day without Superman in the net he'd have had a deserved brace on his home debut.

The thought of him and Heffernan up front excites me; not only because of the little&large balance, but they both have very similar qualities in regards to anticipation of the ball and smart movement - I think they'd form an excellent partnership for this division given the game-time to find some mutual understanding.

I was impressed, seemed to have a decent clue of what was going on around him which is not as common in a forward as it should be, tried a few good balls to bring the midfield on once he'd held the ball up.

Think he needs a goal poacher to play alongside like Hefernan. Him and Mellor are a bit too similar I reckon.

I was another that thought he showed a good touch actually

Morrison will be our best central defender since Walker / Pearson. Really can't see why he's receiving criticism.

Can't disagree with that, he looks composed and solid (in the middle) to me, clearly not a wing-back though.

Similarly, while I understand the majority of the praise heaped on Réda and can see the huge potential with him, he doesn't look at all composed on the ball, regularly 'hoofing' it 20 yards to an opposition player right in front of him. He's very reminiscent of Bougherra to me, which is obviously a very good sign - composure can be trained into him, his excellent physical attributes aren't so easy to 'teach'.

Edited by Dan™

:biggrin:

I'm clearly in a disagreement mode today!

I thought Morrison was bloody awful to the point where I thought it was Purse! :biggrin:

Morrison was good IMO, calm and composed for the most part. In the 1st half when he played at the end nearest to where I was I noticed how when the ball came towards him he was always looking around for an outlet, and found it too. Purse would've just hoooooofed it in the same situation. Good solid display. The whole side went astray by the end, I don't think they knew where they what position they were meant to be in by that point.

Poor....worryingly poor. Can't jump and no pace. Looked like a poor man's Andy Booth to me (really hope I'm wrong)

i can't think of one bit of madines contribution last night that reminded of booth

apart from maybe that first half cross

madine looks much more balanced and switched on