Big screen next season

Guest SecondWind

I like our scoreboard. It has charm.

If it does get replaced, then this scoreboard should be relocated somewhere for posterity. Maybe outside the megastore announcing upcoming fixtures.

I only half jest, it would be like when we lost the floodlight pylons, didn't care at the time, but I kinda miss them now.

I like our scoreboard. It has charm.

I was going to say pretty much this. I like our scoreboard, it has that sort of Nokia 3210 appeal. Was once good and modern. Now that its not modern or good, compared to other scoreboards, I still like it because it does what you want from a scoreboard and has developed a certain charm about it. All you really want from a scoreboard is for it to tell you how long has been played and what the score is. Just like with phones; all you really need it for is to text and phone people.

If we get a new screen system put up it is romoured that the police want both end sections of the screen left empty and possibly cordened off just to be in keeping with the seating set up in the ground :cool:

I hear that some of our players will have to have their faces blurred.

:laugh:

I used to like the old wooden letters/numbers system.

Best half-time entertainment ever was checking the scores from the list in the programme while drinking a peppery Bovril.

this

listen VERY carefully

1) if a scoreboard is installed it would NOT be at the expense of the team, or instead of signing new players

2) It wouldnt be installed to 'look nice' - it would be a business decision that would generate serious revenue for the club that could be used to... yep - BUY PLAYERS

this thread is a prime example of people moaning before thinking

do some of you HONESTLY think that the club are sat thinking.."hmmm we could sign a player and get promotion.. but i think we should forget success and just have a nice new scoreboard instead"

flip me - some of you are just serial moaners with no flipping brains in your head

lol

Owlstalk Shop

:laugh:

I used to like the old wooden letters/numbers system.

Best half-time entertainment ever was checking the scores from the list in the programme while drinking a peppery Bovril.

Great days. Plus during the match when the guy walked down the line of letters with a number under his arm to update the pigs score. The whole ground cheered if the number went to their opponents.

Great days. Plus during the match when the guy walked down the line of letters with a number under his arm to update the pigs score. The whole ground cheered if the number went to their opponents.

And the chant would go up........."Harry Haslam's fooked it up again..............." :biggrin:

Edited by sonofbert2

listen VERY carefully

1) if a scoreboard is installed it would NOT be at the expense of the team, or instead of signing new players

2) It wouldnt be installed to 'look nice' - it would be a business decision that would generate serious revenue for the club that could be used to... yep - BUY PLAYERS

do some of you HONESTLY think that the club are sat thinking.."hmmm we could sign a player and get promotion.. but i think we should forget success and just have a nice new scoreboard instead"

flip me - some of you are just serial moaners with no flipping brains in your head

lol

Good points - well made!

listen VERY carefully

lol

Sup wi thee