Big screen next season

Guest SecondWind

Guest SecondWind

Have been told that that we shall be having a brand spanking new screen in process for next season so my sources tell me, can fatty or dj confirm or am I a couple of steps ahead.

Well I've been told that MM is doing something off field for the fans loyalty and dedication. And I'm guessing from the conversation I had it is going to be a big coloured screen because he wouldn't say what it was but I asked if it was a coloured screen but he didn't deny or accept it.

Would be a nice novelty, but i think it would look out of place in our stadium at the moment to be honest. Have to admit that Hillsborough is a respectful, traditional old fashioned stadium, and until it is modernised i think a big shiny screen would look a little out of place.

Whereas I like the idea of a shniy new scoreboard etc I don't want one at the expense of a new midfielder or striker who can get us out of this league. We'll look even more stupid than we do now in this league with half a million quids worth of tv stuck in a corner. Hopefully united will look that stupid next season :biggrin:

If it doesn't impact on the squad though get it done, cos it'll pay for itself with advertising eventually. Can the current one be seen from all home areas? I think theres a section of the south that can't see it so is there anywhere or any angle it can go at to get maximum 'viewers'?

I really don't see the appeal but I'm glad it will make some fellow owls happy.

Pretty much this.

I found it a bit laughable that a lot of fans were (seriously, although I know there were a few jokers) asking for a new scoreboard straight away, as some sort of shrine to visualise that the takeover really had happened.

No one seems to understand that the main reason clubs get big screens isn't purely for the fan's enjoyment, but because they create a fair bit of revenue through match-day advertising. It would have been utterly pointless to put up a massive screen in Hillsborough without the business infrastructure behind it.

Unless you were just wanting to be able to see the score in more than two colours for some reason.

Whereas I like the idea of a shniy new scoreboard etc I don't want one at the expense of a new midfielder or striker who can get us out of this league. We'll look even more stupid than we do now in this league with half a million quids worth of tv stuck in a corner. Hopefully united will look that stupid next season :biggrin:

If it doesn't impact on the squad though get it done, cos it'll pay for itself with advertising eventually. Can the current one be seen from all home areas? I think theres a section of the south that can't see it so is there anywhere or any angle it can go at to get maximum 'viewers'?

If we go up, good idea for next season.

to be honest, whenever i watch a live game, every time there's a replay, all you get is affected players slyly looking up to see if they can catch a glimpse of themselves

what a bunch of vain, posing twohats

btw, anybody seen my new mirror blink.gif

Have you met Depeched ;-) I see a bromance in the offing.

(You're right though, it could have a detremental effect on the ref or players if it shows a contentious decision etc. Whats the rules about this kind of thing?)

FFS. WE AREN'T SKINT ANYMORE............ :biggrin:

We should buy four, one for each corner. Viewing "problems" solved.