THE HEFFINATOR MUST START

He deserves more time on the field definitely, whether he deserves to start or not, I'm not sure.

I'm of the opinion that Morrison is the main man for us, everything decent seems to go through him, and Mellor was banging them in before his injury, so are either of these worthy of being dropped? My gut instinct actually probably is to start Heff tomorrow (as I would start with the team that ended last weeks game except Reynolds in for Purse), but my gripe with Irvine isn't that Heff hasn't been starting (as I think Mellor and Morrison have been worthy of their shirts) rather that he hasn't utilised Heff at all coming off the bench for the last 30 mins, where I feel he could perhaps be at his most effective exploiting tired defenders with his clever runs towards the end of a game.

I do feel we are slightly in danger of turning Heff into something he isn't though, almost as an anti-Irvine martyr. My opinion is that there is nothing wrong with having Heff on the bench if others are performing (as they were), but he certainly needs to be used more from the bench. Have our strikers been that bad that Heff HAS to start? Not for me as a rule, but like I said, I would start him tomorrow just to go with the team from last week's second half as I feel it would be beneficial to us tomorrow.

I like him.

keeps the ball well. Good distribution, good positional sense and most importantly, can finish.

I wouldn't mind seeing a big man little man partnership in Heff/ Madine.

I don't understand this, I know the opinion is that Heff hasn't been given a chance, but that's dropping our two leading scorers on the basis that the other blokes might be better. I'd say one or the other should come in this week, hopefully Heff.

start heff in the cup against hereford, probably start madine as well - actually give him some game time and see what he can do.

Think Morrison and Mellor have in general, worked well together, its the service up to them thats been $hite.

Maybe AI should consider bringing heff on before the 84th minute sometimes?

start heff in the cup against hereford, probably start madine as well - actually give him some game time and see what he can do.

Think Morrison and Mellor have in general, worked well together, its the service up to them thats been $hite.

Maybe AI should consider bringing heff on before the 84th minute sometimes?

when playing in midfield you can't always thread the ball through the eye of a needle to 2 old forwards with little movement, and no pace...yep for me too we need to improve the m/f...but waddle and hoddle at their best cannot give mellor and morrison the pace to outstrip a defender when they have none, and get their feet well off the floor to meet a cross...WHAT SORT OF BALL ARE WE EXPECTING THE M/F TO SUPPLY THE FORWARDS WITH???...a magic one...?

when playing in midfield you can't always thread the ball through the eye of a needle to 2 old forwards with little movement, and no pace...yep for me too we need to improve the m/f...but waddle and hoddle at their best cannot give mellor and morrison the pace to outstrip a defender when they have none, and get their feet well off the floor to meet a cross...WHAT SORT OF BALL ARE WE EXPECTING THE M/F TO SUPPLY THE FORWARDS WITH???...a magic one...?

This is league one, right? does it take an "eye of the needle" ball to open every defence up?

Hows about crosses that beat the first man, stop lumping high balls to Morrison, and start playing neat, attacking football, like we have shown we can?

Theres nothing magic about asking the players to give the strikers something decent to work with.

You watch, when we are struggling, how many times Morrison and Mellor get the ball with their back to goal, surrounded by defenders.

Guest dunellaowl

Heffernan and morrison to start!! with mellor and madine chomping on the bit to get on second half!!!! solid defence and hungry strikers AV IT!!!

I don't understand this, I know the opinion is that Heff hasn't been given a chance, but that's dropping our two leading scorers on the basis that the other blokes might be better. I'd say one or the other should come in this week, hopefully Heff.

They might only be our leading scorers because they've played the most games?

This is league one, right? does it take an "eye of the needle" ball to open every defence up?

Hows about crosses that beat the first man, stop lumping high balls to Morrison, and start playing neat, attacking football, like we have shown we can?

Theres nothing magic about asking the players to give the strikers something decent to work with.

You watch, when we are struggling, how many times Morrison and Mellor get the ball with their back to goal, surrounded by defenders.

the quality football on saturday was played after one of these two had been subbed...

morrison and mellor nearly always have their back to the goal, it's the only way they can receive the ball as they are both completely shot for pace, and cannot be involved in a footrace, neither are average in the air (for this divisions forwards)...and the m/f has to knock it to them for it to be held up as (on saturday, and other games too) they played too far apart (for some reason) to support one another...they are for this division big names, but i wonder if they are too similar (remember how many warhurst and hirst were gonna score?) to play successfully together...AND FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN OVER HALF A SEASON THERE'S NOT ENOUGH POSITIVES TO KEEP BOTH IN THE FIRST XI AT THE EXPENSE OF HEFFERNAN, WHO FOR ME LOOKS AT LEAST AS GOOD A PLAYER...