Morrison capture complete

It ain't started yet - apparently we're after Michael Johnson from Man City too.

BTW - can we really afford these signings?

Yes.

When you consider that his transfer fee equates almost exactly to the interest we would otherwise have had to pay on our debt to the bank in the time since MM took over.

Why all this fuss about '250K, we sold lunt for that' type of b******s? We've spent some silly money over the years, and paid for it. The main thing about ANY signing is not 'how much he cost' but 'Does he fit into and improve the side?' In theory, we could spend 50mill on a player who turns out to be a dead loss, whereas , if we buy a player who does excellently, surely the LESS we pay for him, the better.

Besides, where has the 250K come from. According to the Club's web-site, both he and Johnson were bought for undisclosed sums, and I've seen nowhere the amount we received for Tudgay.

All we have to worry about is 'Has the club gone into great debt which it will be unable to recoup?'

**** off, oh and that goes to Kivo as well.

A great new signing, and all you want to do is put the dampers on it.

Guest Distraught!

Yes.

When you consider that his transfer fee equates almost exactly to the interest we would otherwise have had to pay on our debt to the bank in the time since MM took over.

I would go further and say that, with smart accountancy, the company that Mandaric set up to finance his football ventures is saving money revenue by investment than the capital gains tax they would have to pay by hanging on to it. Can anybody be sure that money actually transferred hands for Morrison or was the transfer craftily soaked up by transfer of capital from the new owners at LCFC? It could be that a win-win situation was manufactured by hiding this transfer in the accounts.

Mandarics policy of buying saleable assets is without a doubt the way to go......so I'm happy we've signed 2 young centre halves with potential, all we need now is a manager that realises it.

He better flipping play em!

It ain't started yet - apparently we're after Michael Johnson from Man City too.

BTW - can we really afford these signings?

If Michael Johnson is remotely considering coming to Sheffield Wednesday I will personally put him up, cook his food, drive him to training and brush his teeth - I know he's had injury problems but he is a seriously good footballer.

Its always a VERY good sign when fans of the club rate the player you are signing and don't want them to leave.

:biggrin:

And the reason why we shouldn't have signed Sedgewick, JJ, Purse, Semi, Potter and Irvine..........the fans know the score, sometimes it's best to listen to them.

Edited by Weshallovercome

Young, talented player - just the sort we need to sign. SWFC should always be a club where a young lad with potential gets a first team shirt and isn't left to rot in the reserves or punted out on loan all of the time.

Even better than the LCFC says he is a hoofer - no room for 'cultured' centre halves in an Irvine side - get a stamp on it and send it airmail is the only thing that a defender needs to know about passing a football under this manager.

Im not sure Palmer or the young players at wednesday would agree that thats currently happening.

and a hoofer is not the way forward - i thought we had agreed that the centre halves hoofing it was killing our chances of winning games?

As for being able to afford it - no we probably cant. Milan can though, and if the team improves, the crowd improves. new players pay for themselves in that case, thank god we finally have someone in charge who understands you need to spend money to make money.

Guest Distraught!

Mandarics policy of buying saleable assets is without a doubt the way to go......so I'm happy we've signed 2 young centre halves with potential, all we need now is a manager that realises it.

Yes - a very smart operator!

Buy six young players with heaps of potential for a combined fee of less than a couple of million and it would be unlucky if at least one of them doesn't significantly increase in value. I bet one of the supposed six that Mandaric is funding will be a five million plus player in a relatively short space of time. If all of them make the grade, it's Vegas time!

Im not sure Palmer or the young players at wednesday would agree that thats currently happening.

and a hoofer is not the way forward - i thought we had agreed that the centre halves hoofing it was killing our chances of winning games?

As for being able to afford it - no we probably cant. Milan can though, and if the team improves, the crowd improves. new players pay for themselves in that case, thank god we finally have someone in charge who understands you need to spend money to make money.

Never trust a centre half who can pass.

So said Bill Shankly and Brian Clough over a half of milk stout in 1935. Never a truer word said.

If Michael Johnson is remotely considering coming to Sheffield Wednesday I will personally put him up, cook his food, drive him to training and brush his teeth - I know he's had injury problems but he is a seriously good footballer.

This. It would be perhaps the best signing we've made since Di Canio (albeit on loan).

But they surely won't let him drop to League One - even if only to get his match fitness up?