Morrison capture complete

Guest Distraught!

250k, we sold Talbot to Luton for that.

Good deal.

And? What is the significance of this compared to Drew Talbot?

You might as well say we paid less for David Hirst than what we paid for this kid. It would be just as irrelevant.

It's an interesting one...

We've now got a right back who's generally regarded to play better at centre back, and a centre back who's generally regarded to play better at right back.

I reckon When everyone is fit Buxon will be at right back and Morrison in the centre.

I think Morrison is more garunteed a place than anyone. I think it will be Morrison and Purse for the rest of this season with Morrsion and Johnson mainly used next season!

I hope we sign a left back now so Spurr can be dropped and Jones used on LM!

Guest Distraught!

He's not the best footballer and is more at home hoofing the ball up the pitch from CB.

No wonder Irvine rates him so highly!

Will fit in a treat.

Guest shabba

A pretty annoyed Leicester fan here

You've done some good business today

He's an accomplished Championship defender and only 22, so will get better, he was a key part of our promotion winning team from League 1, and he was damn good when we finished 5th in the Championship last season, he will be very good for you.

He's dropped down to be a squad player for us,as he had two appalling games earlier in the season, and never found a way back through our change of managers, however thanks to Curtis Davies injury and going back to Villa, Morrison's played in our last two games and made us look stronger at the back, we won them both after a very poor Christmas run

He's not the best footballer and is more at home hoofing the ball up the pitch from CB. He's also played at RB for us quite a few times as well.

We will miss him

Hoofing the ball you say?

Not sure he'll fit in here if that's how he plays his football

Guest Distraught!

It wouldn't though, would it?

You are just being a illegitimate cause I posted it.

No, nothing to do with you posting it.

It is just that comparing fees paid for different players several years apart bears no relevance. Paying 250K when we sold Talbot would be equivalent to a 100K fee now because the true value of transfers has fallen.

No, nothing to do with you posting it.

It is just that comparing fees paid for different players several years apart bears no relevance. Paying 250K when we sold Talbot would be equivalent to a 100K fee now because the true value of transfers has fallen.

Nah, you are just being awkward for the sake of it.

Things haven't changed that much in football.

Guest Distraught!

Nah, you are just being awkward for the sake of it.

Things haven't changed that much in football.

OK, transfer fee values are the same now as they were four or five years ago.

You're right, I'm wrong. I stand corrected.

Fantastic news !

(So now we have two johnsons and two morrisons, is there another mellor or weaver we can sign just to make it more confusing :blink::biggrin::biggrin: )

seriously great news looks like were heading in the right way with the signings!

Not sure, but maybe Kenny Miller is next on the way. :st2:

Young, talented player - just the sort we need to sign. SWFC should always be a club where a young lad with potential gets a first team shirt and isn't left to rot in the reserves or punted out on loan all of the time.

Even better than the LCFC says he is a hoofer - no room for 'cultured' centre halves in an Irvine side - get a stamp on it and send it airmail is the only thing that a defender needs to know about passing a football under this manager.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Thanks Milan - another signing that improves our chances of being unbeaten to secure an automatic.

Whilst you are paying for an entire new back four could you please stretch to a new centre midfielder or two?

Thanks in anticipation.

Guest utOwlz

This all feels unreal still at the moment, does anyone else feel the same? I mean us bringing in players that are not freebies and players who are getting good ratings from the clubs fans we sign them from. Also two players with real potential to develop, but also have good experience for their age. Im chuffed to bits and still cant believe were after 6 new players!!

I flipping LOVE you Milan Mandaric!!

Edited by utOwlz

Guest Buxtonian

Why all this fuss about '250K, we sold lunt for that' type of b******s? We've spent some silly money over the years, and paid for it. The main thing about ANY signing is not 'how much he cost' but 'Does he fit into and improve the side?' In theory, we could spend 50mill on a player who turns out to be a dead loss, whereas , if we buy a player who does excellently, surely the LESS we pay for him, the better.

Besides, where has the 250K come from. According to the Club's web-site, both he and Johnson were bought for undisclosed sums, and I've seen nowhere the amount we received for Tudgay.

All we have to worry about is 'Has the club gone into great debt which it will be unable to recoup?'