no money for irvine

Guest retfordowl

You know what wee wees me off?

We've waited 15 years to have a little bit of moolah to spend, and when we finally get a bit, I'm terrified that it will be given to Irvine to spend.

I don't think it's Irvine's transfer dealings that are the problem. The majority of his signings for us are good players, the trouble is we have a good team but not a squad and the talents that we do have are wasted with poor tactics and inept defending from defenders that were at the club prior to Irvine's arrival.

That said I still think that if action is to be taken this season on the manager it needs to be done before the transfer window as if not any new manager can simply claim it's not his side if things don't end up going to plan by the end of the season.

mr irvine wont get any money to spend in january because he wont be here.apparntley wev,e been linked with 3 players from the french leagues players who will have been mentioned to MM via trusted sources in france ,they wont be irvine,s choices because i think that MM already has someone lined up to spend his money in jan and dont forget it is his own money and not some bank so MM will be very carefull who he trusts.if irvine publicly or privatly goes against MM then he has no where to go apart from down the road.who the next man will be i dont no but perhaps hoddle with waddle would be great crowd pullers both no the english and french leagues.thoughts

Boooooooooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiing!

The sad reality is that transfers are now more often than not driven by other executives at the club and not the manager. I suspect we will be no different under MM. In the main Irvine will be given players to work with, rather than him choose the players he wants to sign

It annoys me when people bring up the bad signings that Laws 'made', when the reality of what was happening at the club re transfer policy has been well documented and discussed on these boards. Criticism of a managers 'signings' nowadays really must be taken with a pinch of salt.