Gus Poyet doesn't seem to rate our chances

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/8735507.Saints_and_Terriers_the_big_threat/?action=error

Sheffield Wednesday are Albion’s nearest challengers after thrashing Bristol Rovers 6-2 at Hillsborough in front of new owner Milan Mandaric.

The former Leicester chairman and Portsmouth owner has taken over the Yorkshire giants and eased their financial problems after they were on the brink of administration.

Poyet said: “I suppose they are going to be better without a doubt but it is too early to tell.”

Oh dear. :biggrin:

Quite amusing really.

If he thinks brighton will still top the table come may he needs his head read.

Will only be a matter of time before they tail off.

I wish people would read the quotes attributed to him in the article, not least the headline writer of the piece in the first place!

He didn't really say anything like that article is suggesting. The only quote was that he thought Huddersfield and Southampton were the biggest threats at the start of the season. He's now saying that there's "seven or eight" teams in contention and that it's too early to tell whether we'll be able to secure our place in the top two. I don't see much wrong with that view.

Rubbish article really.

I wish people would read the quotes attributed to him in the article, not least the headline writer of the piece in the first place!

He didn't really say anything like that article is suggesting. The only quote was that he thought Huddersfield and Southampton were the biggest threats at the start of the season. He's now saying that there's "seven or eight" teams in contention and that it's too early to tell whether we'll be able to secure our place in the top two. I don't see much wrong with that view.

Rubbish article really.

booooo the voice of reason.

Guest Buxtonian

How would Poyet know.? The furthest he's probably been north is the Watford services on the M1.

It's rather funny that, despite our fans, myself included, considering that we have been playing absolute garbage, we are, at almost half way through the season, sat in SECOND place in the league, with a goal difference of about +17, and have already beaten Hove Albion at home this season. Perhaps he forgot.

The Yorkshire Giant is stirring, beware any pretenders to the throne.

So at the moment we are 2nd, and we are going to get better, but that doesn't make us major threats?

OK :biggrin:

P.s. the Brighton tactics at Hillsborough were awful. Dirty, time wasting, diving, etc. Sounds like they did it again against Huddersfield.

Without wishing to stereotype, their performance at Hillsborough earlier on in the season had 'South American' written all over it. The time wasting started within the first 15 minutes, El-Abd's quite ridiculous dive to try and get Mellor sent off, and attempted intimidation of the officials at every opportunity.

I also remember that Brighton fan who was on here shouting his mouth off about them being 12 or so points ahead of us and bragging they were going to win the league.

They were always going to implode- small squad + lack of goals + over reliance on one or two players = danger.

How would Poyet know.? The furthest he's probably been north is the Watford services on the M1.

It's rather funny that, despite our fans, myself included, considering that we have been playing absolute garbage, we are, at almost half way through the season, sat in SECOND place in the league, with a goal difference of about +17, and have already beaten Hove Albion at home this season. Perhaps he forgot. The Yorkshire Giant is stirring, beware any pretenders to the throne.

That's the scary thing- we've been poo all season, and we're 3 points off the top.

When we actually play well, we're utterly destructive in this league. We'll score 5 or 6 on a few more occasions this season without doubt.