I'm sure every Wednesdayite knows by now that Tudgay has gone to Forest on loan and the chances are he will be staying there permanently.

I was very happy in summer 2009 when we rejected the £2million offer from Burnley and he signed a new 4 year contract but now I am having second thoughts, he did ok last season but I think he could've done a bit better, alot of people say he sulked his way through last season because the thought that he could play premiership football went to his head.

Its possibly the best time from a football point of veiw for him to go when we could get some cash for him and he's struggling to get into the squad with Morrison and Mellor on some decent form.

I'm sure alot of Wednesday fans will join me in thanking Tudgay for his services over the years (who can forget the cracker at Bramell Lane) and wish him all the best for the future.

Do people wish we had sold him to Burnley now?

Personally I think it was a mistake keeping him, but thats my opinion whats yours?

If we had sold him just after he'd had a good season we would have gone mad on here and accused the club of having no ambition.

Like above, hindsight is a great thing.

Thanks marcus and probably like everyone else will remember your goal and the part you played in our win at the lane.

you can only make a decision with the facts at the time so not to sell was right IMO

was our most talented player but always thought he was not a goalscorer but more of a poor mans Peter Beardsly type better suited to playing in the hole between midfield and just behind the strikers

goes with thanks for the memories, especially the goals aginst the piggies

laws didnt want to sell anyone to wheel and deal which is a key reason he failed imo.

irvines tactics have been dodgy at times but al least he had the balls to ship out some of

the poo and/or over-rated.

anything over 500k for tudgays always been a no brainer when theres goal scorers like mellor going for wages.

do well to get 350k now, same old story like with grant, whelan, wood and of course di canio,

carbone going further back.

badly run clubs like ours end up with us sweating on whether we go into admin

or get saved by a bloke who needs the co-operation of another bloke not really known

for doing the right thing. the tudgay things a turd in a waterfall really, mm could probably replace him with change

Edited by Ash77

laws didnt want to sell anyone to wheel and deal which is a key reason he failed imo.

irvines tactics have been dodgy at times but al least he had the balls to ship out some of

the poo and/or over-rated.

anything over 500k for tudgays always been a no brainer when theres goal scorers like mellor going for wages.

do well to get 350k now, same old story like with grant, whelan, wood and of course di canio,

carbone going further back.

badly run clubs like ours end up with us sweating on whether we go into admin

or get saved by a bloke who needs the co-operation of another bloke not really known

for doing the right thing. the tudgay things a turd in a waterfall really, mm could probably replace him with change

I think we are going to have to stump up some cash if we want Mellor permanently.

Edited by rufus

Transfers in or out have never been good at Hillsborough,

Cantona - Can he play on grass

Booth - Wolves offer £3M, turn it down, sell him back to Huddersfield 4 months later for £750K

Stefanovich - no work permit at start of his last season, do we sell him NO, goes on a free at end of said season

Wellens - could of stole him from Oldham but no

Clarke, let him go free? or for very little, Bradford then sell him to Palace for £3M

The Scottish trio

Jeffers

Hinchcliffe bought knowing he had dodgy knees

Just to name a few, could probably write a book on this

Transfers in or out have never been good at Hillsborough,

Cantona - Can he play on grass

Booth - Wolves offer £3M, turn it down, sell him back to Huddersfield 4 months later for £750K

Stefanovich - no work permit at start of his last season, do we sell him NO, goes on a free at end of said season

Wellens - could of stole him from Oldham but no

Clarke, let him go free? or for very little, Bradford then sell him to Palace for £3M

The Scottish trio

Jeffers

Hinchcliffe bought knowing he had dodgy knees

Just to name a few, could probably write a book on this

for quite some time now i have had the feeling that if anything can be done wrong, we will find a way to do it...the tudgay t/f for £1.5 at the time was not a great sale for the man who was our best player, now we are entering, or in fact have already entered a period when footballers wages and fees will fall drastically (we all could see that stupid money was being spent in recent years), if the mm deal goes through the coming years are not a bad time to have a shilling or two in your sky rocket...putting this show back on the road might not be as big a job as we have all feared at one time....though paying money for mellor???, along with, what? the 80% of his wages that pne are already paying out?, if we are not promoted this year, i wonder if we can afford his services next year...and can anyone step in and offer pne money for him that would end our loan???

The fee agreed with Wolves was £750,000, potentially rising to £1.2m depending on some unknown conditions. He went to Huddersfield for £175,000.

But it's worse than that - after Booth failed to agree terms with Wolves, Bradford thought they would make a bid at the same price. Perhaps assuming the player had suddenly become a hot property our board suddenly decided it wanted more for him. In disgust, Bradford told us to get stuffed. Not only that, a few months before this we'd lost a seven figure fee for him from Leicester because we'd insisted on them paying the whole amount up front rather than the more usual 50% now and the rest in twelve months.