Frankie Simek

Guest Stereophonics

It doesn't matter how good, bad or ugly he was.

His loyalty in signing a new contract when Bougherra and Brunt were rumbleing us about will never be forgotten- he was a pretty good player, but an outstanding man.

this. I wish that we had kept him on. He showed loyalty to us when he signed a new contract despite rumours of premiership clubs coming in for him. Sounds like he is playing well this season.

Would love to see him in a Wednesday shirt again in the future.

His loyalty in signing a new contract when Bougherra and Brunt were rumbleing us about will never be forgotten- he was a pretty good player, but an outstanding man.

Didn't Brunt get forced out......

Didn't Brunt get forced out......

I thought the same. It was Bougherra who screwed us around. Brunt just wanted to be paid what he was worth but DA et al. wouldn't give him what he deserved so he walked. Same with Whelan

Guest Darkus Owlus

I will give him a cheer but not single him out as a legend.

Good player- yes.

Legend - No

Yet Lee Bullen - bad player

Legend - yes?

:blink:

Joking aside, Simek did well for this club and completely ignored all talk of moves to the Premiership.

He just got his head down, put it tremendous effort and was consistently excellent untill his injury.

I still personally think it was a mistake to let him go - especially when you look at our fullback issue (both sides). With time and training I always felt he'd recover - it's just a same he's now doing all this for someone else.

Kind of see where your coming from, but little harsh to say "Bougherra and Brunt were rumbleing us about", we owned them and we could hold out for what we wanted.

Bougherra

Purchase Price - £275k

Sold For - £2.5m

Brunt

Purchase Price - £200k

Sold For - £3.5m

Total profit - £5.525m

Tell you what they can all "roger us about" if they generate that much profit when they are sold!

Another point - there are 2 of the few players we actually made a bit of butty on (although the profit was probably spent on B.O.B's jollies*)

*Only my views as a Layman.