Frankie Simek

I will give him a cheer but not single him out as a legend.

Good player- yes.

Legend - No

Could have been a legend, so easily.

I was upset when Irvine made his decision to release ALL out of contract players, the two i'd have kept were Simek and McAllister, both would have been absolutely brilliant this term.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Could have been a legend, so easily.

I was upset when Irvine made his decision to release ALL out of contract players, the two i'd have kept were Simek and McAllister, both would have been absolutely brilliant this term.

Yeah McAllister was a shame too.

Not exactly on big wages and did well in his limited first team opportunities.

Both victims of a new manager with new ideas I guess.

Guest Johnyowl34

It doesn't matter how good, bad or ugly he was.

His loyalty in signing a new contract when Bougherra and Brunt were rumbleing us about will never be forgotten- he was a pretty good player, but an outstanding man.

Fully agree the man is an example of integrity.

Kind of see where your coming from, but little harsh to say "Bougherra and Brunt were rumbleing us about", we owned them and we could hold out for what we wanted.

Bougherra

Purchase Price - £275k

Sold For - £2.5m

Brunt

Purchase Price - £200k

Sold For - £3.5m

Total profit - £5.525m

Tell you what they can all "roger us about" if they generate that much profit when they are sold!

Another point - there are 2 of the few players we actually made a bit of butty on (although the profit was probably spent on B.O.B's jollies*)

*Only my views as a Layman.

Brunt was free, even we wouldn't pay £200k for an unknown Middlesbrough youngster. I think he went for £3million as well.

Kind of see where your coming from, but little harsh to say "Bougherra and Brunt were rumbleing us about", we owned them and we could hold out for what we wanted.

Bougherra

Purchase Price - £275k

Sold For - £2.5m

Brunt

Purchase Price - £200k

Sold For - £3.5m

Total profit - £5.525m

Tell you what they can all "roger us about" if they generate that much profit when they are sold!

Another point - there are 2 of the few players we actually made a bit of butty on (although the profit was probably spent on B.O.B's jollies*)

*Only my views as a Layman.

Yup, the figures are very impressive and represent the two best transfers that SWFC have conducted in the last decade i'd say.

Brunt asked for money that he knew we couldn't, and wouldn't pay. Although i will say that i don't have any bad blood for Brunt at all- he went to a club which was practically made for his style, and we got a good deal from it as well.

The Bougherra case was well documented- he (if he hadn't have forced his way out after 6 months) was worth a great deal more than £2.5 million but a player who refuses to play unless he's sold is technically worth nowt, so he had to go as well.

Simek could have done the same as Bougherra, especially when a club like Everton were (and i know this for a fact) were having him looked at every game up until his injury at Palace. I would have wished him every future success had he gone to them a few years ago, but he clearly wanted to pay the club back for the chance we gave him after he was released at Arsenal.

Top, and honest guy, and i can't stress how rare that is in (even lower league) football these days.

He's his own agent aswell.

I wouldn't have stood in his way if a chance to go to the Prem had come along.

Brilliant pro and I was sad to see him go.

But there's no doubting he looked like he'd lost something when he came back from his ankle.

Just a shame we wern't in a position to work him back to his old self. Wrong timing all round.

Hope he does well at Carlisle but he'll be there to beat after 3pm.

As the lead member of the Frankie Simek Fan Club (we share being born on the Mississippi River), I hope he is given a nice reception at the beginning and if he's subbed off. Other than that, we should try to kill him during the match. I'm still amazed that he goes from featuring in the 2007 Gold Cup to oblivion in about 2 years. I can't fathom that an ankle injury would do that to a man, but it evidently has.

great player for us in his time, only looked half the player he was after injury. Depends what wages he was on but I would probably have let him go too at the end of last season.

All the best for him in the future hope he gets back to where he once belonged, but not whiles he's playing us

Guest wilkotheowl

Simek was a true player for our club. He stuck by us when he could have gone. If only more players were like him.

Absolutely right! Looking forward to welcoming Frankie back to Hillsborough & was sorry to see him leave in the first place, he was a good man, but will only be cheering for the Mighty Owls as soon as the game commences.

3 points tomorrow & here's to a positive future for this club of ours, both on & off the pitch.

UTO !!