Rules regarding JPT Team selection

Guest intercity0wl

Im gonna Wembley in October to watch England so im not too fussed about it to be honest, all courtesy of Carslberg may i add.

The new rule states that the starting eleven for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy tie must contain at least six of the eleven players who started the club's previous game, or will start their next game.

The two rules cannot be used together, clubs have been told to pick just one of the methods to use when considering their team selections.

So another joke - you pick any 11 you want for JPT then leave 'em out the following game because they have a slight 'injury'....

Yeah, but if we get to Wembley, I'll be there! (Having said that, I'll probably be there tomorrow at £5!)

*Edit* I mean tonight - bank holiday messed up my body clock!!!

You'll be very lonely if you turn up tonight mate, seeing as the game is tomorrow night.

Guest danny wath owl

Increased revenue, more game time for players to gel maybe a reward to fans with day out at wembley. Yeh wots point lets just give them the win.

Wins breed wins regardless of competition.

Plus imo every club should go out to win every game , otherwise wots point

What a poo rule....i will be well pissed off if one of those 6 players get's an injury in tomorrow’s game. For me priority 1 is to get promoted, and if that means fielding weakened sides to ensure we don't pick up an injury, so be it. As much as it'd be good fun to have a real go at this competition, it's just a distraction from the promotion campaign

Guest walldanzig

I hope we win every game we play just don't think we need to play in this cup. I think the ticket price says a lot on the clubs opinion of the cup.

How come there isn't a similar rule for the League Cup?

Or the league

I hate imposed quota's tbh - if a club has to go to the expense of paying 25-30 players then it's up to that club how/when they wanna use those players.

If 6 of the players from the Hartlepool game went down with some sort of bug and couldn't ploay at Brentford there's no way the league would let us cancel the fixture - double standards

No surprise from the Fuckwits who run football though

My own view is that i'm desperate to see Wednesday at Wembley - and while i'd prefer it to be one of the bigger cups i know only too well those times are very few and far between - so in the meantime i'll take the JPT

Funny how people don't feel embarrassed about an upper mid table 3rd division league game masquerading as a final though

Edited by scram

Funny how people don't feel embarrassed about an upper mid table 3rd division league game masquerading as a final though

It's quite simple really. You win those upper/mid table league meetings then you move up the table and closer to getting out of this God awful division. That means a million times more to me than some cup that has been dreamed up to give no-hopers a chance to play at Wembley.

It's quite simple really. You win those upper/mid table league meetings then you move up the table and closer to getting out of this God awful division. That means a million times more to me than some cup that has been dreamed up to give no-hopers a chance to play at Wembley.

You're mistaking the occasion with the reward

I argree that securing promotion this season is obviously more important than having a cup-run.

However, I don't argee that Birmingham City, Blackpool, Stoke City, Wigan Athletic, Bolton Wanderers or Wolverhampton Wanderers are "no-hopers". They are all currently Premier League teams who've previously won the Football League Trophy after all.

I just think the possibility of a league and cup double is not one we should turn our noses up at.

A Wembley trip would be nice, and certainly if we were to get that far it would be worth it financially, however not if the cost is major injuries to one (or more) key players and there hangs the problem. We should be going all out to win all of our games, but we aren't blessed with limitless resources so it is only reasonable for AI to be fairly cautious in his team selection.

My opinion is; the sooner we are out of this competition the better. It's embarassing and I've no inclination to progress any further in it, god help us if we were to actually win the thing, I can see the scene now in the pub.

Me to blades mates - you've won nothing for 100 years.

Blades mates - what have you won then big shot?

Me - The Johsone Paint Trophy.

Blades mates - spit beer out and roll around laughing.

The sooner we are out of this pap division with its pap comptetion the better.