Rules regarding JPT Team selection

Guest intercity0wl

Guest oliver666

The quicker we are out of this joke of a competition the better

I don't think the competition is anything to do with it. We are in bona fida cup competion albeit for 3rd and 4th division teams and what is wrong in supporting your team.

Plenty went to the likes of Donny in pre season. Which do you think is more important. We are in th 3rd division but obviously some fans can't handle it. It's called reality.

Guest intercity0wl

I don't think the competition is anything to do with it. We are in bona fida cup competion albeit for 3rd and 4th division teams and what is wrong in supporting your team.

Plenty went to the likes of Donny in pre season. Which do you think is more important. We are in th 3rd division but obviously some fans can't handle it. It's called reality.

Your so right.

Its a competition.

Lets try and win it???

Its our only realistic chance of going to Wembley for a long time.

Who cares if its a tinpot cup.

I doubt Chelsea and Man Utd like playing in the League Cup. But they still do and their fans still enjoy the day out. They've got Leagues and European Cups to win.

Okay the quotas a pain and is fecked for us.

But lets no disrespect everyone else in this league.

We aren't that good!

The arrogance of some fans is amazing, they're quite happy for Wednesday to go out because its 'shameful' to be in this competition but its ok to lose at Home to Notts County!!!! Wouldn't that in itself be shameful?

You enter competitions to win them and as a Wednesday fan i want to see them win every game, why would you ever want them to lose?!!!! It didnt hurt Southampton winning it last season did it? (they had enough points for the Play Offs

Its not as though we have alot of midweek fixtures this season, they're very minimal in League One and we have spare Saturday's already set aside for the FA Cup, no fixture pile up will occur.

The stupid thing is all these wanting us out will be the first in the que for tickets to Wembley.....

Are you saying you think that we could withdraw from the JPT and still not receive any sort of hassle from the football league?

Ye its called losing.

Which I'm sure everyone, including me, at Hillsborough on Wednesday night will be happy to see and pay for....

What a complete bunch of bellends some of you lot are it's pathetic. the more trophies in the trophy cabinet the better, it could potenially be 2 more trophies we'll have won after this season more than the blunts, that'll do for me, silverware is silverware at the end of the day. UTO.

Edited by Orlando_Trustful

What a complete bunch of bellends some of you lot are it's pathetic. the more trophies in the trophy cabinet the better, it could potenially be 2 more trophies we'll have won after this season more than the blunts, that'll do for me, silverware is silverware at the end of the day. UTO.

:dry: Well, that's an objective way to enter the debate.

:biggrin:

I remember a while ago on here where we had one of Owlstalk's highbrow ethical debates - and the question was something like "if we had nothing to play for in the last game of the season and we were playing the rivals of the pigs - and us losing denied them promotion or relegated them - would you want us to lose"?

And quite a few people said they'd be happy to see us lose if it didn't harm us and simultaneously fvcked the pigs - and there were all sorts of posts saying stuff like "traitors, how could you want us to lose" etc

Now we have people wanting us to lose - a match that could well harm us and also deny us an extremely fine chance of getting to Wembley, having a great day out and winning something - okay not the most glamorous of trophies - but then neither is the 3rd division play-off final but plenty would be ectstatic to see us win that

Unfortunately we are where we are - i don't particularly celebrate the fact we're a 3rd division club but i desperately wany us to win the title - not because it's any type of achievement for a club of our history and stature - but because it's where we're at right now

I'd like us to consolidate our position as the best team outside the top 2 divisions by blowing everybody else away in the league - and win the cup we're in with a great chance of winning

Ye its called losing.

Which I'm sure everyone, including me, at Hillsborough on Wednesday night will be happy to see and pay for....

I'm sorry, but the day I go down to Hillsborough actually wanting the Owls to lose is the day I stop going to Football games altogether.

I don't care who we are playing in whatever competition, I want us to win.

Guest intercity0wl

I'm sorry, but the day I go down to Hillsborough actually wanting the Owls to lose is the day I stop going to Football games altogether.

I don't care who we are playing in whatever competition, I want us to win.

Alleluya some sense at last, i really do despair at the mindset of the modern age Football Supporter.

My opinion is; the sooner we are out of this competition the better. It's embarassing and I've no inclination to progress any further in it, god help us if we were to actually win the thing, I can see the scene now in the pub.

Me to blades mates - you've won nothing for 100 years.

Blades mates - what have you won then big shot?

Me - The Johsone Paint Trophy.

Blades mates - spit beer out and roll around laughing.

The sooner we are out of this pap division with its pap comptetion the better.

In that case maybe you should mention the League Cup that we won on '91.

Just so we're clear, I have no problems grasping the reality of where we are as a club, but still maintain the opinion that it's a pap competition that I would not care less if we got knocked out of...

However, I may alter that opinion if we get to the semi and there really is the chance (as SAM states above) that we bank £4.2m for winning it. But at this point in time, with a smallish squad it's a distraction.

To me, this season is about 1 thing and 1 thing only; getting out of this god awful division.