Mass Protests Being Planned

Guest SaveOurOwls

The idea of protests is completely pointless. Just make the club look even less attractive to any potential investor.

Interesting how people just seem to go with the flow. When I was politely pointing out some time ago that LS was probably not the knight in shining armour, I got loads of abuse. Now he is getting the abuse.

This club needs an investor to put some serious money in, in addition to what is possibly the largest season ticket holding in the 1st Division except for Southampton. LS as Chairman for 18 months didn't achieve this and it is a tough call. Until we have a sensible offer, what else are the people who own 10% holdings supposed to do? If you push the existing directors out, who will take over - are there really some poeople on here prepared to buy the shareholdings from KA, GH and DA? If not, such action may just make things worse as the Co-op bank have agreed to grant the current board a £3m extension. Without that the club would be dead and gone.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

These facebookers should not be rediculed, They should be educated and brought into the fold

When WTID gets up and running these people may be needed in some fashion, after all .......they go to games, they all have money to spend " were all wednesday arent we? " and they all feel strongly enough about our current owners to at least get off their @rses and do something - yes i know it is embarrassing and some of the comments are laughable actually every single one ive read has a comedy element to it.

But i just think it would be more constructive to educate them and get such a group of people involved in the REAL MOVEMENT that will remove the board WTIDGROUP

Out of interest, when is a good time for a protest?

Not the pre season because there's nobody there.

Not the beginning of the season because we don't want to get off to a bad start.

Not if we are on a successful run because that might affect the players.

Not if we are fighting relegation as we need to 'Get behind the team FFFFFS'.

Not at the end of the season as we really need to 'get behind the team FFFFFFFFFS' and push the lads on.

Not when the seasons finished as everybody is on holiday.

Not the christmas period as there are a lot of games to get through that difficult period.

Not January because its too cold.

So - we'll protest middle of March, on the assumption that we are firmly mid-table with no prospects of going up or down, and its a bit sunny, and there isn't a game.

See you all outside the South in March. Assuming we aren't knackered completely beyond recognition by that time.

Bang on the money there, FG

The only way the current board will leave is through the use of money.

Except that's not true is it? The guy we owe the most to, the guy who owned the most shares out of the lot of them - he's left hasn't he?

The idea of protests is completely pointless. Just make the club look even less attractive to any potential investor.

:laugh:

Point #1 - No it rumbleing doesn't! In what way on this green Earth does a couple of hundred people shouting 'sack the board' make a potential investor think "Oooh, i'm not having any of this"? It surely makes them more attractive to those fans?

Point #2 - We couldn't possibly be any less attractive if we tried! £30m in debt, no saleable assets, 3rd tier, winding up order, split fan base....I mean I could go on. We're a rumbleing busted flush, we can not appear any less attractive at this moment in time.

Guest billsaja

Bang on the money there, FG

Except that's not true is it? The guy we owe the most to, the guy who owned the most shares out of the lot of them - he's left hasn't he?

ABSOLUTELY NAIL ON HEAD.

This proposed investment would be at least 30% more attractive if he'd accept the same terms at Hulley, Addy, Cooke and Grierson. 60% plus of the cash goes in to the club bank, 30% plus goes to Allen, the rest is split between deal costs and other creditors, we need to focus the ire where it is deserved. Not that protesting at Chezzie would do much good, but at least some sense of perspective - if the protest is because there is a hold up to investment (other than the last two sets of investors not having enough money) then this is where the protest should be aimed.

If it is just that the old farts are inept and irritating, then sorry but the protests are pointless, they're here until someone can replace them

Guest totemowl

ABSOLUTELY NAIL ON HEAD.

This proposed investment would be at least 30% more attractive if he'd accept the same terms at Hulley, Addy, Cooke and Grierson. 60% plus of the cash goes in to the club bank, 30% plus goes to Allen, the rest is split between deal costs and other creditors, we need to focus the ire where it is deserved. Not that protesting at Chezzie would do much good, but at least some sense of perspective - if the protest is because there is a hold up to investment (other than the last two sets of investors not having enough money) then this is where the protest should be aimed.

If it is just that the old farts are inept and irritating, then sorry but the protests are pointless, they're here until someone can replace them

Way you say about Allen implies that he does exert control over a 2nd club against FA rules, no doubt only in getting his money back, but more importantly it implies the bank failed to negotiate a deal across all parties to make sure they all get out at the same %. this in turn implies that the whole structure of the deal set up for C9S et al was always doomed to failure.

Who is organising "Save Our Owls"? Is it a one man band? Is it people with an agenda?Is it a group of passionate supporters?

I am all for protesting in some way, these clowns have had it to easy for for too long. I would agree that the best time to do so would be after the game too.

Thta said, the statement by "Save Our Owls" makes some statements which I doubt they no to be true. e.g The selling of Grant to pay the taxbill.

When making a statement and trying to rally people I think it is foolish to speculate, the facts speak for themselves!

e.g.

- A debt that has continued to grow since we were relegated from the Premiership

- Inability to attract investment into the Club

- Failure to engage with the fanbase (When was the last time we heard from Hulley or Addy?)

- Inability to compete financially with the majority of Championship Clubs League Two Clubs (Unacceptable for a Club of our size)

- A continual inability to compete at an acceptable level on the pitch

etc, etc,etc

Speculation will only cause people to back away from supporting such a movement, it can also put the board in a good position to counter something, if it is indeed not true.

Corrected :)

Edited by wilson123

Our fans are as up and down as a fiddlers elbow.

We sign Clinton Morrison and everyone is dancing around like Bez saying what a summer this is.

We sell Grant and are late with our tax and suddenly the black balloons are being brought down from the loft.

absolutely right!

Guest billsaja

Not saying we were in div 4 pal, simply the fact we are struggling to pull together a 100k will probably leave us fighting div 4 level clubs financially ;) good attempt.

No no, we were definitely in Div 4. Some of us remember those games.

Guest MEXBOROUGH

No no, we were definitely in Div 4. Some of us remember those games.

Can you ? Who is this "we" you refer to ?

Only one Sheffield club has ever being in Div 4,and it aint Wednesday

Bills have you just shown your true colours, thrower ! :laugh: