Embarrasing

Nice to see you like discussions and well reasoned arguments :biggrin:

Normally, yes, but discussions haven't got the club very far in the past 12 years, have they? :biggrin:

And if this is the sort of nonsense our Director's spout, I can't see anything happening other than more anger from fans towards to Director's of the club.

Guest grantholtsdiscopants

Nice to see you like discussions and well reasoned arguments :biggrin:

I dont want you to think im turning this into a personal attack mate, but if you were there last night, why didnt you ask BG any probing questions into what is being discussed on here? Doesnt it make your blood boil to the point where you demand answers, not just allowing them to fob Wednesdayites off?

Guest Deleted member

I was there last night, I asked questions...

The biggest embarassment for me wasn't any of the questions or answers.

It was the wee wee-poor turnout of people who were given an opportunity to ask questions of the clubs FD - and the CEO - and didn't bother. Bob (and Nick) could be forgiven in thinking 'Whats the fuss all about - if we can only 1/4 fill a room of people who are interested or concerned enough in our financial performance - then we must be doing something right...

And while I was disappointed at Paul not grilling Bob on financial intricacies (like why we havent even done our Annual return) - theres a whole lot more questions I could pose to those who didn't even show. I asked 4 questions on the night - I can't hog the microphone any more than that. Bob was let off lightly last night because there simply wasn't enough people prepared to ask him for answers.

Paul, so is there a reason that the tough questions weren't asked of BG - by yourself or another director of our Supporters' Society?

It was a members meeting for members to ask questions. Why didn't the members ask the tough questions? The opportunity was there...

Personally, I was extremely disappointed in A) the terrible turn-out and B) the awful standard of questioning from the floor.

It was the wee wee-poor turnout of people who were given an opportunity to ask questions of the clubs FD - and the CEO - and didn't bother. Bob (and Nick) could be forgiven in thinking 'Whats the fuss all about - if we can only 1/4 fill a room of people who are interested or concerned enough in our financial performance - then we must be doing something right...

And while I was disappointed at Paul not grilling Bob on financial intricacies (like why we havent even done our Annual return) - theres a whole lot more questions I could pose to those who didn't even show. I asked 4 questions on the night - I can't hog the microphone any more than that. Bob was let off lightly last night because there simply wasn't enough people prepared to ask him for answers.

All that in a lovely pink shirt. :ph34r:

That, unfortunately, is the mass of Wednesdayites for you though. I think Bellsview raised this point in another thread, but we are the best supporters in the world at taking constant crap, but very few want to stand up to it, and hand a bit back.

Im not a member of Wednesdayite and therefore didnt get invited to go. Perhaps if there was only 1/4 of a room full, it should have been offered on a first come first serve basis at £3 per head or something to "normal" supporters!!

Or perhaps its just that people know what they are going to get from these meetings - fobbed off.

Guest Deleted member

That, unfortunately, is the mass of Wednesdayites for you though. I think Bellsview raised this point in another thread, but we are the best supporters in the world at taking constant crap, but very few want to stand up to it, and hand a bit back.

Im not a member of Wednesdayite and therefore didnt get invited to go. Perhaps if there was only 1/4 of a room full, it should have been offered on a first come first serve basis at £3 per head or something to "normal" supporters!!

Or perhaps its just that people know what they are going to get from these meetings - fobbed off.

Or alternatively pay £5 to be a member and go to all/most of them for free? (Just a thought)

Maybe they need to be held at weekends? I for one would find it difficult to get there after work (around 2 hour drive to Sheffield)

My reasons are pure and simple.

1) As stated earlier, I'm a normal, calm, well behaved guy, but the current shower that has run Wednesday into the ground for the past decade make my blood boil and I really would find it difficult to listen to the absolute nonsense they talk. Leading on to my next reason.

2) Bob, Wednesday FD, doesn't even know the club's turnover ffs. Ok, I don't remember figures at work off the top of my head, but if I'm having a meeting, I check up on basic stuff that I really should know in my position. It would appear Bob couldn't even be arsed to do this and just said he didn't know, like he doesn't have a care in the world about SWFC's finances.

3) The state our football club is in, and contempt shown by the Wednesday Board to the club's fans is nothing short of a disgrace - take the opening line for example (just what Ian said as I wasn't there) about Bob signing the legal papers; he couldn't remember? For the love of God. For me, the time for talking passed a long time ago and I won't show any form of participation until it is accepted words will do nothing to remove this Board, and only actions will.

Or alternatively pay £5 to be a member and go to all/most of them for free? (Just a thought)

Why should i pay £5 to be a member of an organisation that i have no REAL say in, and that doesnt represent my beliefs? That would make me a massive hypocrite.

it's probably because people simply can't be f*cked with it all anymore.

Sad but true. So much poo thrown at us but consistently so little hope. Then we were given some hope but even that turned out to be hopeless.

Hope. Less .

Yet people are willing to have a go and moan on forums, in the pub, with their workmates, etc...

If people thought that they were going to get an honest answer out of the people who run Sheffield Wednesday, they would go. They wont, so they dont.

Guest Deleted member

And I do always say - you tend to walk away from these meetings feeling like you've been bum-raped by the invisible man...

And I do always say - you tend to walk away from these meetings feeling like you've been bum-raped by the invisible man...

Exactly mate, so why bother with them? If questions are going to be asked, then answers must be demanded. Not, ask a question, then roll over and let BG/NP tickle my belly for 5 minutes. Its garbage.