Sheffield Wednesday Fans Invest

Guest becauseofboxingday

LS said at the fans forum that he wants to get to the situation where everyone has a monthly DD to pay for their season ticket, can't see why this can't also be for any donation so you put in what you can afford per month, like a charitable donation, so in my case that would be x amount per month to pay for season ticket and x amount extra to go into the football budget. The scheme could start up now with the season ticket bit added later.

this is going to lead to some real conflicts imo

the TrueFans who go to every game but can't afford to put extra money into this will surely feel diminished by the presence of part-timers who contribute towards the scheme. there will be owlstalk civil war rolleyes.gif.

on a vaguely more serious note (to me), i'm probably going overdrawn when my accommodation fees are taken this/next week, so i will not be able to contribute unless one of these lottery instant wins pays off mellow.gif. however if we can have some sort of open-ended scheme much like the owlstalk one where you click and donate, i think that a lot of people like me who can't really afford it will get all giddy on payday/arrival of student loan and chip in. every little helps biggrin.gif.

That said, I do like the idea of a DD monthly - very much like my charitable contributions it could just whizz out easily, however I'd like a stuffed ozzy the owl or something at least to be on par with the penguin and panda that the WWF send :laugh:

The club already has the Foundation for monthly direct debit £8.33 per month I think,

I don;t think there is anything to stop you having multiple memberships of this.

Imagine if this had 20,000 members rather than the 2,000 that it currently has

The club already has the Foundation for monthly direct debit £8.33 per month I think,

I don;t think there is anything to stop you having multiple memberships of this.

Imagine if this had 20,000 members rather than the 2,000 that it currently has

The Owls Foundation has been dribbling on for too long and doesn't work, or else it would have more members.

This is a question of trust, control, and making a statement about the club being our responsibility, as well as chucking money in. There has been a false empowerment and at times patronising "inclusion" of fans (cf James' recent 'email to the players' plea on this board) by the current regime (who have done a really good job in the main), and this is about saying in no uncertain terms, maybe even to the tune of a million quid, WE MATTER.

W'ite or some organised set of fans have to take this up.

Calculate the pledges, set about a campaign to see what else can be raised. This then needs presenting to the Board with a view to what they are willing to contribute, ie Giz Shares back.

Blue Knights ride out.

We could call it the Incumbent Manager's Fund, or...

the IMF

Isn't idealism great?

This is our club but just chucking money at a board and management structure that has clearly wasted all the resources it's had for much of the last 50 years is crazy.

The board have no workable strategy to get us out of the hole we willingly dig deeper every season. The manager has no freedom to accrue talent - even if he could recognise it and afford it - and the players are resigned to taking the money for as long as it comes gift wrapped to them. They, in particular, don't seem to care what happens to the club so why should we put in any money until they show commitment to represent us, the fans, effectively?

Keep yer wallet shut.

Guest becauseofboxingday

The response has so far been encouraging, if not mind blowing.

Anybody who in principle would contribute to such a scheme should message me or comment on here.

A few e-mails have been exchanged and I think it is something that is worth exploring further.

Firstly we need to firm up exactly what the proposition is so that people know exactly what they are pledging to.

Secondly, when we believe there is a workable proposition, we need the co-operation/endorsement of the current board.

In the mean time, opinions and support will be monitored and at the end of the season a proposition will be firmed up. The requirement for such a fund will not greatly change whether we are in League 1 or The Championship, however it will probably be useful to at least know which division will be in before any proposition is framed.

Edited by becauseofboxingday

My only requirement is that the Directors sitting on the Board give up x% of shares depending on the amount of money pledged.

Those shares will be retained by the group formed to collect the money.

I believe they bought the shares at 5p so there is a bench mark.

The money goes to the club not the shareholders.

ie Fans give £500,000.00 to the club the directors give 10 mil shares to the Fans.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to get the shares from those None Wednesday fan shareholders.

My only requirement is that the Directors sitting on the Board give up x% of shares depending on the amount of money pledged.

ie Fans give £500,000.00 to the club the directors give 10 mil shares to the Fans.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to get the shares from those None Wednesday fan shareholders.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but why would the directors give their shares up for nothing or are you prposing that the money raised is used to buy the shares from the directors, if thats the case the manager would not benefit as much from the funds raised as the fud would be dluted by having to purchase the shares.#

UTO & WTID

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but why would the directors give their shares up for nothing or are you prposing that the money raised is used to buy the shares from the directors, if thats the case the manager would not benefit as much from the funds raised as the fud would be dluted by having to purchase the shares.#

UTO & WTID

I said the money would go to the club not the shareholders.

If the shareholders still on the Board are true W'ites and care for the club this would be their contribution. They are the one's who have got us in this debt, sign papers that cost the club money and face. Their shares are worthless now so why should they benefit from efforts of the very people they tried to Sue.

If they are willing to have their share % diluted with a rights issue for investment from Cloud 9 then this is in effect just the same. The only difference is that those who have left the club will not suffer the same fate.

Guest Anglofile

Scrap the shares . Meaningless. Also, there's twenty some odd million quid in front of you. Creditors are the effective owners of the club .

Joe

Scrap the shares . Meaningless. Also, there's twenty some odd million quid in front of you. Creditors are the effective owners of the club .

Joe

Invest a small amount directly in to the playing squad. Improve the product on the pitch. Climb slowly up the leagues. Pay off all the creditors.

The shares are not so meaningless suddenly.

I would like to know how you could just scarp the shares?? It would make our life so much better. I know one ex director who would not be too keen on it though.

The response has so far been encouraging, if not mind blowing.

Anybody who in principle would contribute to such a scheme should message me or comment on here.

A few e-mails have been exchanged and I think it is something that is worth exploring further.

Firstly we need to firm up exactly what the proposition is so that people know exactly what they are pledging to.

Secondly, when we believe there is a workable proposition, we need the co-operation/endorsement of the current board.

In the mean time, opinions and support will be monitored and at the end of the season a proposition will be firmed up. The requirement for such a fund will not greatly change whether we are in League 1 or The Championship, however it will probably be useful to at least know which division will be in before any proposition is framed.

I really think with the will to make this happen we can - I'd suggest anyone interested and with any ideas should contact BoBD

we really do have to help ourselves