We Must Believe

Guest Anglofile

Why is it sheeplike when I am not following the "herd" ? ?

Don't you think my stance is quite the opposite, as everyone has him down as what he is not

Hardly sheeplike is it ?

And no, I will never reveal anything on here

Ah, so you have had a little bit of ' ITK' and now you're rolling over and having your tummy tickled by anglofile.

I'm glad not all our fans are as guillable as you mate.

I ask again ......

How is it his fault it amounted to nothing ? ?

And I'll reply the same!.....read the WHOLE sentence. My annoyance is that he comes on babbling about people being in Sheffield for the weekend, giving the impression it's a done/imminent deal, shouting down anyone who dares to doubt him - not the fact we haven't actually got any investment. Get it? blink.gif

And I'll reply the same!.....read the WHOLE sentence. My annoyance is that he comes on babbling about people being in Sheffield for the weekend, giving the impression it's a done/imminent deal, shouting down anyone who dares to doubt him - not the fact we haven't actually got any investment. Get it? blink.gif

No

Because your sole beef with him is over the failed completion of said deal.

If the deal would have come off (which he completely expected) you would be offering to drink his man juices

Not really - I think they both equally fuelled the fire. If Joe had kept his mouth shut until a deal was actually done, there would have been no fire at all.

Why didn't he do that by the way?

You have a point ........ but it's difficult for new Owlstalk posters to find a worthy opening post, breaking the ice isn't as easy as it looks. :biggrin:

I ended up getting into a heated (one sided) debate with DJM. :blush:

No

If the deal would have come off (which he completely expected) you would be offering to drink his man juices

You're confusing Rumbelows91 with Sam779....

No

Rubbish - my 'beef' on any deal not being done would be with Lee Strafford if I had a 'beef', because he's the one charged with finding investment. My 'beef' with Joe is that he should have kept his mouth shut until a deal was done.

Unfortunately for Lee, false dawns like the one engineered by Joes posts are coming back to bite him in the arse, because there's a 'cry wolf' mentality starting to spread through the fanbase everytime investment is mentioned.

Then Joe comes on here saying "sorry lads, I've done my bit - don't shoot the messenger, I'm a Wednesdayite now" and people like you lap it up.

The fact he was asked to stop posting kind of says his posts were detrimental. maybe this is part of the reason there is no deal?

Come on, give the guy a break........Joe means no harm, he's a fan now.............not a truefan™ of course, even I'm not one of them apparantly after neigh on 50 years of hard slog.

I agree 100%.

Sorry, came to this thread late.

For what it is worth, I had my suspicions about Joe, initially. But, I actually now find him funny, uplifing and I enjoy his posts (and the ineviatble aftermath). His support, even from a distance and, possibly being transient, is welcome IMO.

Give him a break FFS. Let's not take it out on him because we've had a poo poo season. His name hasn't been on the team sheet.

Joe you were wrong about Westwood by the way - he had a good suit, but I hope you are right about Sunday.

Good to hear from you again IMO.

maybe this is part of the reason there is no deal?

ha ha :ohmy:

That's right, Joe posting on here is the real reason the deal will collapse, not because C9S have no money

Edited by Glaser

Guest Anglofile

Yeah, let's give him a break. His job is clearly done.

He wound evryone up into a frenzy, only for it to amount to nothing - good job Joe.

RO,

I apologize if that is your feeling. It clearly was not my intent. I believe in the organization and supporters and understand what everyone has been through over the past 10 years. I now have a FAR better appreciation of those circumstances. I will continue to support the club in ANY way possible going forward. I hope one day you could see fit to forgive me for my perceived indiscretions.

Best,

Joe

RO,

I apologize if that is your feeling. It clearly was not my intent. I believe in the organization and supporters and understand what everyone has been through over the past 10 years. I now have a FAR better appreciation of those circumstances. I will continue to support the club in ANY way possible going forward. I hope one day you could see fit to forgive me for my perceived indiscretions.

Best,

Joe

Perhaps you could explain to us what your role was Joe? Could be a good start on your road to redemption biggrin.gif

Perhaps you could explain to us what your role was Joe? Could be a good start on your road to redemption biggrin.gif

I'd also like to know how Club9sports intend to invest without buying shares. It's probably not your place to say anything Joe and i dont expect you to, however it doesnt stop be wondering.

Guest Anglofile

RO,

Kind of like St. Paul on the road to Damascus right? Can you guys spare me the bolt of lightning?

Sell side adviser - Brought transaction to C9S/Prometheus; provided initial financial run through and aided in putting together investment memorandum. Fancy way of saying I brokered the deal to C9S.

Hope that explains it. GHS and I have agreed not to talk investment and I believe it is a good policy. Would you be averse to me not addressing any more investment or business related question? Fee free to call me anything in the book that you want but let's stay away from the "I" subject please?

Joe

Guest Anglofile

I'd also like to know how Club9sports intend to invest without buying shares. It's probably not your place to say anything Joe and i dont expect you to, however it doesnt stop be wondering.

Jon,

As I don't know anything more than you do (positive/negative) and it's a grinding in the pit of my stomach also, let's stay away from the subject and stick to footie? Sunday is the only thing on my mind now.

Joe