We Must Believe

Guest Anglofile

Nothing said will shake my confidence or make me cross at this stage. I'm "all in" at this stage waiting for the river card to be flipped. I don't believe I will be busted as a consequence.

WE

It a pity "WE" could not convince Cloud 9 to put up some deposit to fund a few loan players, which just might have secured "WE" potential future investment in a higher league and secured "WE" commission.

But maybe "WE" were too busy bragging to Norwich fans about a deal done at dusted at SWFC and using that deal as the only reference to Cloud 9 achievements.

Maybe "WE" were to busy sending PM's accusing known true W'ites of being FUDders.

Maybe "WE" should take his "Independence Day" (the movie) type speech and shove it where the Royal "WE"s never wipe.

Wow!

Is Bills knowing his facts and getting things right a deletable offence now then :blink:

Plenty of people lining up to kick his ass back then - don't seem to be a huge amount of contrition though

As it goes i don't think there should be any investment talk any more - it's futile and not in any way at all productive

Something i'm sure Joe now realises

I don't think either Joe or Bills meant any harm or disruption tbh - just 2 guys ITK looking at the same scene and seeing different things

Let's move on

**** the investment - time to revamp the club within the bounds of what we have - and make changes where we can for the betterment of the club. Starting with what happens on the pitch and how we can affect that in the futurequote

Agree with the latter..

To be fair though, I don't think anyone put a lot of weight behind what either Joe or Bills claimed about being ITK. If Bills turns out to right then I don't think you can say he was the oracle. He, afterall, had a 50% chance of coming up with the right answer, so, that is not being particularly enlightened IMO.

Furthermore, I never suspected that him posting on here was to offer protection to us 'poor unenlightened souls' as a good Samaritan, but was merely to cause problems and undermine whatever hope there was, if any.

Intention, IMO, plays a large part in culpability. I have yet to be convinced of Bills good intentions. Indeed, I'm still not sure who he is?

On the otherhand, eventually, I didn't suspect Joe of having bad intentions even if he turns out to be wrong in his initial optimism.

As I say, Bills' views were always going to have a 50/50 chance of being right. But, I have to second guess what his motives were in achieving that outcome.

Edited by ReadingOwl

Wow!

Is Bills knowing his facts and getting things right a deletable offence now then :blink:

Plenty of people lining up to kick his ass back then - don't seem to be a huge amount of contrition though

As it goes i don't think there should be any investment talk any more - it's futile and not in any way at all productive

Something i'm sure Joe now realises

I don't think either Joe or Bills meant any harm or disruption tbh - just 2 guys ITK looking at the same scene and seeing different things

Let's move on

**** the investment - time to revamp the club within the bounds of what we have - and make changes where we can for the betterment of the club

Starting with what happens on the pitch and how we can affect that in the future

Sorry for double post, other one went wrong somehow.

Agree with the latter.

To be fair though, I don't think anyone put a lot of weight behind what either Joe or Bills claimed about being ITK. If Bills turns out to right then I don't think you can say he was the oracle. He, afterall, had a 50% chance of coming up with the right answer, so, that is not being particularly enlightened IMO.

Furthermore, I never suspected that him posting on here was to offer protection to us 'poor unenlightened souls' as a good Samaritan, but was merely to cause problems and undermine whatever hope there was, if any.

Intention, IMO, plays a large part in culpability. I have yet to be convinced of Bills good intentions. Indeed, I'm still not sure who he is?

On the otherhand, eventually, I didn't suspect Joe of having bad intentions even if he turns out to be wrong in his initial optimism.

As I say, Bills' views were always going to have a 50/50 chance of being right. But, I have to second guess what his motives were in achieving that outcome.

Shakespeare had it absolutely correct. The players MUST BELIEVE and DIG DEEP within. The Owls Nation has shown AMAZING support and commitment for the club for the derby this weekend. We do not have to rely on divine intervention, we collectively need to believe that WE WILL NOT LOSE/DRAW. WE WILL NOT GIVE GROUND TO ANYONE and WE WILL CONTROL our own destiny which I believe is for the Owls to stay up next year and progress eventually to its rightful place in the top division. If you have to, BEAT IT INTO THE PLAYERS HEADS. I'm expecting one of the great games of the season if not the decade out of the club. I BELIEVE!!

Joe

Shakespeare said a lot of things.

Bills might have had a 50/50 chance of being right

Doesn't explain a lot of the stuff he came up with though - he wasn't just somebody posted saying that investment wouldn't happen

He knew much more than that and used strategy and research to back up his claims - he said form the outset the supposed investors had no funds and set about showing why he arrived at that conclusion

That's a far cry from just saying "you're wrong"

Shakespeare said a lot of things.

even on his epitaph to ward off people digging up his remains ...........

""Good friend for Jesus' sake forbear,

To dig the dust enclosed here:

Blest be the man that spares these stones,

And curst be he that moves my bones"

How it worked.... his remains prevail, undisturbed to this day

Bills might have had a 50/50 chance of being right

Doesn't explain a lot of the stuff he came up with though - he wasn't just somebody posted saying that investment wouldn't happen

He knew much more than that and used strategy and research to back up his claims - he said form the outset the supposed investors had no funds and set about showing why he arrived at that conclusion

That's a far cry from just saying "you're wrong"

I agree, but evidentially, don't you wonder why? Why was he using posting on here as his preffered method? Why not deal with the club direct or in fact, go to a Newspaper?

My suspicion is, other having a 'forensic hunch' which was a 50/50 bet, he was no more ITK than us.

That's why I doubt his intentions, regardless of the outcome.

Nobody to this day, knows who the 'blind investors' for CS9 were/are - CS9 might not even know themselves yet. They may have to know the deals 'doable' before they hawk it around potential investors?

So how can Bills be so sure other than taking a 'flyer' that it was never going to happen. Albeit, a forensically sound flyer.

And back to the original question - what's in it for Bills. He's not doing it for our benefit, I'm sure.

Well I've had a week away from these boards, not because I've been away, I've just not had the inclination to look. Something has happened and I'm not entirely sure what it is. Normally I'm on here viewing wherever I happen to be, or when frustrated adding my own angry outbursts. However something has happened, a weird calmness has come over me. I'm not sure whether I care any more. This regime has done what neither the previous regimes of Richards and Allen managed to do, it has sucked the lifeblood out of me. As far as Sheffield Wednesday are concerned, I've given up hope. I've passed on my ticket for Sunday and I'm going to Norfolk for the weekend. I'm not sure whether this is a permanent state of mind, I will be at Cardiff to pay my respects, but it feels like a weight of my shoulders.

Guest Anglofile

At a football club, there's a holy trinity the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the checks.

Bill Shankly

Good advice. Let's focus on pushing the boys over the top.

Joe

I'm not sure whether I care any more. it feels like a weight of my shoulders.

Sorry to here that you think that way. But, to me it's just not that easy.

I can't believe you really feel that way. If you do, it's your loss I would suggest. You have my deepest sympathy.

It's something precious you've given up. It's unattainable to most people - sheer passion, love and sheer f*****g heartache.

I agree, but evidentially, don't you wonder why? Why was he using posting on here as his preffered method? Why not deal with the club direct or in fact, go to a Newspaper?

My suspicion is, other having a 'forensic hunch' which was a 50/50 bet, he was no more ITK than us.

That's why I doubt his intentions, regardless of the outcome.

Nobody to this day, knows who the 'blind investors' for CS9 were/are - CS9 might not even know themselves yet. They may have to know the deals 'doable' before they hawk it around potential investors?

So how can Bills be so sure other than taking a 'flyer' that it was never going to happen. Albeit, a forensically sound flyer.

And back to the original question - what's in it for Bills. He's not doing it for our benefit, I'm sure.

I'll agree with you on one thing - perhaps you're right to be suspicious and i'm wrong in ascerting he meant no harm

But i'll say this - this was definitely no chancer taking a flyer - he knew his onions for sure - he's well connected and maybe there is an ulterior motive and maybe my own blase attitude toward his posting is wrong.

But he was not having a punt - they guy knew

As he did previously with the GS fiasco.

Edited by scram

I'll agree with you on one thing - perhaps you're right to be suspicious and i'm wrong in ascerting he meant no harm

But i'll say this - this was definitely no chancer taking a flyer - he knew his onions for sure - he's well connected and maybe there is an ulterior motive and maybe my own blase attitude toward his posting is wrong.

But he was not having a punt - they guy knew

As he did previously with the GS fiasco.

Agreed (or should I flounce). :biggrin: