Front 2 for Watford ?

After today's showings and the return of Varney and now Jeffers, which partnership do you feel should start Wednesday night ?

For me, I would play Clarke down the middle, Esajas wide left and Varney wide right. (I know Esajas is hit and miss, but, with a free role on the left, he could do some real damage)

Really go at them from the off with pace on both flanks. If JJ is fit, he would play instead of Varney

Miller, Soares and O'Connor as central 3

After today's showings and the return of Varney and now Jeffers, which partnership do you feel should start Wednesday night ?

For me, I would play Clarke down the middle, Esajas wide left and Varney wide right. (I know Esajas is hit and miss, but, with a free role on the left, he could do some real damage)

Really go at them from the off with pace on both flanks. If JJ is fit, he would play instead of Varney

Miller, Soares and O'Connor as central 3

have to be careful with a midfield 3...we got a new a**ehole ripped there with them flooding through our midfield onto and into our defence...is there no possibility that we can in any way splash some of next years transfer money on a loan forward now...before it's too late...figured this was one our easiest remaining games...

Edited by dnhc

I wouldn't play Varney at all.

Clarke/ Jeffers with tudgay dropping to the right and Miller replacing potter.

not upfront as a striker, but I think he could do some damage out wide in a front 3.

This, if JJ has not recovered.

Would like to see Jeffers from the off, especially with how poor Tudgay and Clarke were today, but he looked scared for me today. We need someone willing to risk a little pain for the cause and I don't think Jeffers is that man

Guest owls_4_life

I wouldn't play Varney at all.

Clarke/ Jeffers with tudgay dropping to the right and Miller replacing potter.

This

Like I was saying before today's match, I want to see Clarke/Jeffers. Clarke has excellent hold up and link up play, so in theory that should work well with Jeffers' intelligent movement. Stick Tudgay out on the wing because when we play him upfront he neglects his striker responsibilities to help out all over the pitch. That's all well and good but it means we have nobody to put the ball in the net when we actually manage to progress an attack into the final third.

I think we need to have a go at Watford - they're rocky defensively but pretty good going forward

So we don't wanna sit back and watch them play

Also they must have the most fragile confidence of all teams because they've really just been dragged right into it - be interesting to see how they get on tomorrow against Cardiff

Lose that and we really should go for the jugular of a fragile team

After today, Jeffers has to start (I am serious). His off the ball movement was quality; making space for others.

With hindsight, I wish he had started - looked hungry and 'urgent'.

Different class to the others. Different league IMO.

Gets ready for slating (and abuse).

After today, Jeffers has to start (I am serious). His off the ball movement was quality; making space for others.

With hindsight, I wish he had started - looked hungry and 'urgent'.

Different class to the others. Different league IMO.

Gets ready for slating (and abuse).

definitely agree with this

The only thing which did worry me is that he looked a little scared at times

Neshed a couple of tackles and shied (sp.) out of the header at the end.

But, he made some brilliant runs and offered some tidy link up play

Get him up front with Clarke and move Tudders out wide

definitely agree with this

The only thing which did worry me is that he looked a little scared at times

Neshed a couple of tackles and shied (sp.) out of the header at the end.

But, he made some brilliant runs and offered some tidy link up play

Get him up front with Clarke and move Tudders out wide

True dat, true dat