Front 2 for Watford ?

John Stead-David Healy-Leon Best

hmm shame we are poo poo and signed drew talbot instead of Kenwyne Jones, and didn't swap Richard Wood for John Stead and 500k

Are you quite mad, or am I missing something? Drew Talbot was already at the club when Jones came on loan.

I'd go with Jeffers and Tudgay.

Varney for all his work rate is never going to get enough goals, Clarke is useless and I just think given our current position the time could be right to gamble on Jeffers who I think is still the best finisher at the club. He looked good whenb he came on yesterday and did more in the last 30 minutes than Clarke did for the first hour.

Another possibilty might be playing JJ up front too although I'd rather see him on the wing with Soares being moved into the middle replacing Potter who not for the first time this season, was anonymous for the majority of yesterdays match.

Like I was saying before today's match, I want to see Clarke/Jeffers. Clarke has excellent hold up and link up play, so in theory that should work well with Jeffers' intelligent movement. Stick Tudgay out on the wing because when we play him upfront he neglects his striker responsibilities to help out all over the pitch. That's all well and good but it means we have nobody to put the ball in the net when we actually manage to progress an attack into the final third.

This