EVERYONE can afford a season ticket next year

Guest Deleted member

From the Season Ticket FAQ's:

This really is a myth that needs breaking. I had some correspondence with a supporter recently who was complaining that he would be better buying on a match-by-match basis. When we actually did all the calculations - including 4 £10/£5 offer games and an additional 4 Kids for a quid games - the average price of his season ticket over the course of a season was still way, WAY more advantageous than buying on a match-by-match basis.

Communication and simplification will eventually alter the myth/misplaced perception James. biggrin.gif

If a season ticket holder misses 2 or 3 games due to holidays, does it still work out cheaper than somebody paying on the day, taking advantage of all the offers ?

Guest Deleted member

If a season ticket holder misses 2 or 3 games due to holidays, does it still work out cheaper than somebody paying on the day, taking advantage of all the offers ?

Can you provide the figures to back this up when you answer James?

Communication and simplification will eventually alter the myth/misplaced perception James. biggrin.gif

Actually, yes (the guy had that as a come-back when I did the original calculations and I recalculated it to prove that he was still better off even missing a few games).

In fact, the guy isn't you - is it?

Can you provide the figures to back this up when you answer James?

I'll try and find them out tomorrow when I am in the office.

Guest Deleted member

Actually, yes (the guy had that as a come-back when I did the original calculations and I recalculated it to prove that he was still better off even missing a few games).

Obviously it would depend on how soon he renewed his ticket too. If he bought it the day before the season started obviously he would be more out of pocket than if he didnt.

Guest mrbluesky

Just support the club - you've stated that you've got the cash

i have and will support the club but to what degree from now on is up to the club,i wouldn't put my money into a failing business same applies for SWFC,my choice

Obviously it would depend on how soon he renewed his ticket too. If he bought it the day before the season started obviously he would be more out of pocket than if he didnt.

That's a fair point.

Can I also point out that when buying a season ticket, you are buying the 'entitlement' to go to all those games - if you miss one-or-two for whatever reason then that's not exactly the clubs' fault and so the 'if I go on holiday and miss games, I lose out' argument doesn't exactly wash with me personally.

I'll try and find them out tomorrow when I am in the office.

No the guy isn't me.

I'm waiting to see if this investment malarky is delivered before you get a penny off me.

biggrin.gif

(joke, before all the girls start stropping)

Edited by Mr Farrell

mmm..what ive been saying in this thread all along but im on -85 and Grandad`s on +50!!:biggrin:

Grandad - Buys a ST to save himself money,.

mrbluesky - Refuses to buy till we get investment because he's not happy with a team (that will be different next season anyway).

Yep, exactly the same :blink:

Are you on the wind? :ph34r:

Edited by Donny

Guest Deleted member

Can I also point out that when buying a season ticket, you are buying the 'entitlement' to go to all those games - if you miss one-or-two for whatever reason then that's not exactly the clubs' fault and so the 'if I go on holiday and miss games, I lose out' argument doesn't exactly wash with me personally.

I don't think thats fair - its borderlining on arrogance - and Im really pleased you emphasised it was your own personal opinion and not that of the club. I'll explain why. (great debate by the way to everybody so far)

For example;

Next season - if I buy an Offline season ticket the day after June 1st - on the Kop - thats £412.00. Thats equivalent to £17.91 per match. If he misses 3 due to work/ill health thats £20.60 per match.

Now if I buy 20 tickets (missing 3) for matches on a match by match basis they work out at

Cat A* - £23

Cat A - £21

Cat B - £19

Cat C - £18

Lets say theres 5 of each game - that would equate to £115.00 + £105.00 + £95.00 + £90.00 = £405.00 - therefore he would be better off as a Pay on the Day customer - and that doesnt take into account any matchday promotions.

James - you are absolutely right that this myth needs nailing - I KNOW I'm better off as a Season Ticket holder - but the people Im moaning by proxy lol for are all capable of doing the kind of '***-packet' calculations Ive done above and think - should I bother

Edited by Deleted member

Grandad - Buys a ST to save himself money,.

mrbluesky - Refuses to buy till we get investment because he's not happy with a team (that will be different next season anyway).

Yep, exactly the same :blink:

Are you on the wind? :ph34r:

Were all Wednesday aren't we?

I don't think thats fair - its borderlining on arrogance - and Im really pleased you emphasised it was your own personal opinion and not that of the club. I'll explain why. (great debate by the way to everybody so far)

For example;

Next season - if I buy an Offline season ticket the day after June 1st - on the Kop - thats £412.00. Thats equivalent to £17.91 per match. If he misses 3 due to work/ill health thats £20.60 per match.

Now if I buy 20 tickets (missing 3) for matches on a match by match basis they work out at

Cat A* - £23

Cat A - £21

Cat B - £19

Cat C - £18

Lets say theres 5 of each game - that would equate to £115.00 + £105.00 + £95.00 + £90.00 = £405.00 - therefore he would be better off as a Pay on the Day customer - and that doesnt take into account any matchday promotions.

James - you are absolutely right that this myth needs nailing - I KNOW I'm better off as a Season Ticket holder - but the people Im moaning by proxy lol for are all capable of doing the kind of '***-packet' calculations Ive done above and think - should I bother

I have to say I agree with DJ1, if you know for a fact you'll miss enough games to make it cheaper to pay on the day, then dont buy a ST ( Unless you're doing it for the good of the club).

For example;

Cat A* - £23

Cat A - £21

Cat B - £19

Cat C - £18

If they can afford Fags they can afford a ST

I've been banging this drum for months now.

I think now we are approaching the tipping point in regards to season ticket numbers and it seems too many people are getting savvy towards the clubs attitude to them.

It seems that the general census from the club is;

"Get a season ticket, they're okay! But if you don't don't worry - we'll help you out anyway."

Clever marketing? Is it a win/win for the club but the fan is non the wiser?

Guest Deleted member

I have to say I agree with DJ1, if you know for a fact you'll miss enough games to make it cheaper to pay on the day, then dont buy a ST ( Unless you're doing it for the good of the club).

When you sign up for a season ticket - how do you know whether in 10 months time you will be asked to work or be off ill?

When you sign up for a season ticket - how do you know whether in 10 months time you will be asked to work or be off ill?

True but DJ1 was talking about useing holidays as an argument for moaning anout ST prices. I meant if you know you'll miss games due to a holiday then you can't realy complain.