EVERYONE can afford a season ticket next year

Guest Deleted member

Am I the only one struggling with this....? (I haven't read past the first post)

Having been (and fortunately survived) through two rounds of redundancies in the past 12 months, in an industry that is still shedding jobs at an alarming rate, a season ticket would is at the bottom of my list.

Ensuring that our mortgage is paid, ensuring that our kids have food to eat, have clothes to wear, that our bills are paid are all no-brainers.

I have no doubt that my story is similar to a great many Wednesdayites, many of whom will not have been as lucky as I have been to still be in work.

And yet no doubt the club, and some fans, will still berate those so called fans that have not and will not be buying a Season Ticket.

I have and will continue to go to as many games as I can this season - but no doubt that isn't good enough for the True Fans.

Sorry Rob but that is complete b0ll0x.

It is continually stressed that fans in this sort of situation aren't expected to shell out for a ST.

It's the fookers who have no money worries and time to attend games who should be purchasing them.

Guest Deleted member

No, I am with you on this. I am in a reasonably secure job but we have made widescale redunancies and it is massively patronising to read comments like 'who can't afford £0.90 per day'. Well, if you have no income, a mortgage, a family and bills to pay it's not quite that simple.

I thought the unemployed season tickets were £1 a week?

Guest Deleted member

Even amongst Wednesdayites we have a hierarchy of status - shameful.

Long live the class system.

How do you work that out??

And isnt it a fact of life that there will always be a hierarchy of status?

Sorry Rob but that is complete b0ll0x.

It is continually stressed that fans in this sort of situation aren't expected to shell out for a ST.

It's the fookers who have no money worries and time to attend games who should be purchasing them.

You did the title of this thread before posting, didn't you?

How do you work that out??

And isnt it a fact of life that there will always be a hierarchy of status?

Because there seems to be an inference that if you do not have a season ticket (for whatever justifiable reason) you are not as important as someone who has one. We have rehearsed this argument before, and I am with Rob on this one.

Clearly season ticket sales are important and the club would be buggered without them. But so are casual weekly sales also.

It's personal how much you love the club, and for whatever particular reason, but it is not helpful to alienate supporters who follow in their own ways, by infering that they are not true supporters.

Finally - I have a job of 'high status', supposedly. Means nothing to me. My mother packed sweets at Bassetts all her working life and is as good as anyone else - And yes, I did come off the Cross, where she still lives. You will find that the status card is gonads and I do not respect/recognise it. Why do we have to have it? Especially amongst our own?

We're all Wednesday aren't we (at least I thought so - but starting to wonder).

Edited by ReadingOwl

Clearly season ticket sales are important and the club would be buggered without them. But so are casual weekly sales also.

Which is why the two need to be distinguished.

Its not about penalising the walk up supporter but rewarding the supporters willing to shell out for a whole season wether they go or not.

We need a structure that will convince a walk up supporter to part with his money before the season starts and right now the club is playing softly, softly with them and not giving them the incentive to do so.

Its time to get tough and boost the season tickets for 2011/12

Guest Deleted member

Because there seems to be an inference that if you do not have a season ticket (for whatever justifiable reason) you are not as important as someone who has one. We have rehearsed this argument before, and I am with Rob on this one.

It's personal how much you love the club, and for whatever particular reason, but it is not helpful to alienate supporters who follow in their own ways, by infering that they are not true supporters.

Finally - I have a job of 'high status', supposedly. Means nothing to me. My mother packed sweets at Bassetts all her working life and is as good as anyone else - And yes, I did come off the Cross, where she still lives. You will find that the status card is gonads and I do not respect/recognise it. Why do we have to have it? Especially amongst our own?

We're all Wednesday aren't we (at least I thought so - but starting to wonder).

I think you are misinterpreting the aim of the original post - which to be fair is probably as a result of Rob's (usual) over reaction to it.

I was referring to the affordability of season tickets for ALL supporters - and yes I F***ING BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE AFFORDABLE FOR ALL - EVEN ROB - not suggesting that anyone is a poor fan because they havent bought one.

You cant leave it like that - name and shame!! :biggrin:

No chance mate they hunt in packs on here!! :biggrin:

To be honest i will probably renew but the world has changed and blind faith alone will not come into anymore

My daughter has been a kit sponsor previously and had her 21st at the ground (cost me £1000) so it's not only a case of the cost but also the product on the pitch that is making me think more about where i spend my hard earned money

Uh-oh... (its ok I think you may have got away with it...)

Uh - oh - now we're really for it... expect Rob Howe along any minute lol

To be fair Grandad, notwithstanding how this thread started, you have helped it along. This was raised the other week and I think similar points were raised. Hence you even remembered the main protaganists (all good fun though).

I think you are misinterpreting the aim of the original post - which to be fair is probably as a result of Rob's (usual) over reaction to it.

I was referring to the affordability of season tickets for ALL supporters - and yes I F***ING BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE AFFORDABLE FOR ALL - EVEN ROB - not suggesting that anyone is a poor fan because they havent bought one.

:laugh:

I love the way you know my personal financial circumstances better than I do.

What's your secret?

Guest Deleted member

Grandad, you have created a monster with this thread.

Bet James loves you.

biggrin.gif

It started off with the best of intentions too lol

To be fair Grandad, notwithstanding how this thread started, you have helped it along. This was raised the other week and I think similar points were raised. Hence you even remembered the main protaganists (all good fun though).

Ahhh - you misunderstand - this has been a long running discussion between me and Rob and the above was merely a (poor admittedly) attempt at humour...

:laugh:

I love the way you know my personal financial circumstances better than I do.

What's your secret?

You can tell a lot by squeezing a mans hand... :st2:

Buying a season ticket is not just about saving money ( Although of course that helps ). Buying a season ticket committs you to the club and also to the people you buy your season ticket with. Its not disimalar if you are a member of any club I play golf throughout the year becasue I pay a membership as a opposed to payg as such I play in some poor weather conditions when as a pay on the day player I would stay at home.

Season tickets holderes at S6 are by implication the most important supporters the club has ,they should pay the least per game, have the most perks and the best away ticket allocations. I think there is a big case to build a series of benefits for ST holders such as perhaps reduced or even FOC Wednesday 'Player ' internet acess. Exclusive open days or events where the players and Wednesday Management attend etc etc. How about exclusive scarves , badges , ties ? Or recognition when a ST holder has bought a ticket for 5 years , 10 years on the trot

In short the key to increasing ST holders is to make having a season ticket the smart thing to do.

Can we have this back dated to 1972?........many thanks.

Guest Deleted member

Can we have this back dated to 1972?........many thanks.

I bloody hope you arent suggesting any hierarchical benefits should be enjoyed....:ph34r:

Ahhh - you misunderstand - this has been a long running discussion between me and Rob and the above was merely a (poor admittedly) attempt at humour...

I know, I was involved in that one too.

I know you play devils advocate at times, thus, I have not misunderstood you.

For what it's worth (as with some other 'personalties' on this site) I think your'e posts are excellent and always look out for them! The site would be much poorer without them, controversial or not.

Bring back Huge Owl (also)