EVERYONE can afford a season ticket next year

Guest Deleted member

Also if you can afford to renew now, whats the logic in waiting? I genuinely don't understand.

It's frugality.

Why pay for something now when you genuinely don't have too ?

Yeah, it's nice to get things sorted, but I'd rather the money be with me until the last possible juncture. Suppose it's just human nature, or stubbornness

It's frugality.

Why pay for something now when you genuinely don't have too ?

Yeah, it's nice to get things sorted, but I'd rather the money be with me until the last possible juncture. Suppose it's just human nature, or stubbornness

Fair enough, just as I thought, no logic involved :biggrin:

I think a lot of people know they have time, yet, will know deadlines can and have been moved back, so might wait and see if they get put back again

I am in that boat and know at least 5 others who are.

Feel there is really no rush yet, can renew the day before the April deadline, if they are not to be moved again

The deadlines are NOT going to be moved again - Lee has confirmed that in recent releases.

It has been said loads of times on here - lots of people just don't understand (rightly or wrongly) the relevant charges, offers and deadlines; particularly those that don't use the internet. The club could do with getting the renewal letters out soonish plus get stuff on Hallam FM/RS and in The Star to clarify. Or give everyone a really simple leaflet on Saturday on the turnstiles.

Renewal letters already went out. We're not doing it again as there is a HUGE cost, for little return, on direct mail.

LS said there'd be no more deadline changes.

If people wiat and the deadline doesn't move they could end up paying more + I might be wrong but I think if you use the DD scheme before the 1st deadline you get to pay over 12 months, after that you pay over 10 months (could somone confirm). So some could end up paying more over a shorter period, makes sense to renew now if you can't afford to pay full wack.

Also if you can afford to renew now, whats the logic in waiting? I genuinely don't understand.

It's a shorter period now. Read the Season Ticket FAQ's link in my signature below.

Guest Manwithastick

Oh right! I got mine over 12 months about 2 weeks ago.

from the OS:

12 months for ticket purchased before 23:59 on the 8th Feb 2010.

10 month interest free credit for tickets purchased between 0:00 9th February 2010 and 23:59 on the 8th March 2010.

6 months interest free credit for ticket purchased between 0:00 9th March 2010 and 23:59 on the 30th June 2010.

so no you didn't, unless it was before 8th feb.

I'll be honest, i didn't realise it was now down to only 6 payments. That makes my £405 + £15 = £420 / 6 = £70 per month. No longer seems very attractive. So i've changed my mind and will get the cash together in a lump sum. And as it is £463 up until the end of may (as opposed to £420) i think it'll

probably slide until then.

- Ticket purchased up to February 8, 2010 will be on 12 months interest free credit.

- Tickets purchased up to March 8, 2010 will be ten months interest free credit.

- Ticket purchased up to the June 30, 2010 will be six months interest free credit

We want to ensure that in most cases the final payment is before February 2011, as we don't want supporters to be paying two Direct Debits in order to purchase the following season's tickets as we are confident that the season ticket launch dates for this year will be the same in future seasons.

makes sense to me ....

The deadlines are NOT going to be moved again - Lee has confirmed that in recent releases.

Renewal letters already went out. We're not doing it again as there is a HUGE cost, for little return, on direct mail.

It's a shorter period now. Read the Season Ticket FAQ's link in my signature below.

OK glad I didn't wait then, I woulndn't have been able to afford the payments over 6 months.

Guest Manwithastick

OK glad I didn't wait then, I woulndn't have been able to afford the payments over 6 months.

it's an important point. And whilst i agree that yes the info is there, i think a number of peeps may get a shock.

from the OS:

12 months for ticket purchased before 23:59 on the 8th Feb 2010.

10 month interest free credit for tickets purchased between 0:00 9th February 2010 and 23:59 on the 8th March 2010.

6 months interest free credit for ticket purchased between 0:00 9th March 2010 and 23:59 on the 30th June 2010.

so no you didn't, unless it was before 8th feb.

I'll be honest, i didn't realise it was now down to only 6 payments. That makes my £405 + £15 = £420 / 6 = £70 per month. No longer seems very attractive. So i've changed my mind and will get the cash together in a lump sum. And as it is £463 up until the end of may (as opposed to £420) i think it'll

probably slide until then.

I did I've got the agreement from Zebra finance it say I'll be paying over 12 months.

Guest Manwithastick

I did I've got the agreement from Zebra finance it say I'll be paying over 12 months.

what date did you renew mate? it'd be interesting to see if it was after 08/02.

That will teach me for waiting won't it !!!

Monthly cost now gone up from thirty odd to fifty odd................

:angry:

Really don't want this to sound like a dig, as that is not my intention, but was this info made available elsewhere apart from the internet ?

If I would have known that I would have renewed before March 8th

Again, if it was available elsewhere then it is my fault.

We'll see. When hardly anymore have been sold he'll start to sht him self again and move them back, again urging people to buy one.

(No offence intended).

I'm yet to buy one, I'm in two minds if I want to waste my money... 90p a day or not, it's still a waste of money especially for League 1 football.

We'll see. When hardly anymore have been sold he'll start to sht him self again and move them back, again urging people to buy one.

(No offence intended).

I'm yet to buy one, I'm in two minds if I want to waste my money... 90p a day or not, it's still a waste of money especially for League 1 football.

oi, we'll have less of that.

Positivity is what's needed. All talk of relegation should be banned (has to re-read if he has actually just posted that !)

Guest Manwithastick

That will teach me for waiting won't it !!!

Monthly cost now gone up from thirty odd to fifty odd................

:angry:

Really don't want this to sound like a dig, as that is not my intention, but was this info made available elsewhere apart from the internet ?

If I would have known that I would have renewed before March 8th

Again, if it was available elsewhere then it is my fault.

i'm the same (shudders ;-) ). The info IS there but i think they'd have been better to make it explicit when they changed the deadline for the second time (the one they were absolutely definately not changing atall and won't be changing again).

i'm the same (shudders ;-) ). The info IS there but i think they'd have been better to make it explicit when they changed the deadline for the second time (the one they were absolutely definately not changing atall and won't be changing again).

Looks like I'll have to pimp out the grandma a couple of times more a month then.........