Points deductions for teams in admin

Guest ReginaldBlinker

Guest tomarkley

Personally I think taking away the chance to finish in their current position (6th) and potentially go up to a £50m windfall in the Premiership is punishment enough.

Personally I think taking away the chance to finish in their current position (6th) and potentially go up to a £50m windfall in the Premiership is punishment enough.

Why?The only reason they are in their current position is due to spending beyond their means - thus not being able to pay THEIR bills. Basically gaining an unfair advantage - i.e. cheating.

Why?The only reason they are in their current position is due to spending beyond their means - thus not being able to pay THEIR bills. Basically gaining an unfair advantage - i.e. cheating.

the present legislation covering sides going into recievership whilst being an improvement on what we had in the leicester debacle...seems not to be severe enough...no doubt a number of the calls on here recently for wednesday to look at this as an option are fuelled by our supporters seeing other clubs appearing to avoid their debts and push on in the subsequent seasons...pompey it appears maybe capable of agreeing a solution with their creditors...but then what of the parachute payments owed to them in subsequent years...should this not be allocated to their creditors...as it was earned by the club during the time the said monies were owed...or should it allow a newly relegated pompey to enter the ccc and spend big to get back to the pl as soon as possible...and is that fair to the ccc sides who are servicing their debts...or trying to...

Perhaps all football clubs should have their books open to regular review by the FA and when they start going over budget or if debts start to exceed a certain percentage of turnover they get a warning, then a stronger warning and then sanctions such as transfer embargos and points deductions.

I'm sure I heard an interview with a guy (on Radio Sheffield recently?) who was part of some organisation who suggested that very idea to the FA around 10 years ago but the FA were having none of it and didn't believe that there would ever be an issue of the likes we've seen with Notts County and Portsmouth.

I'm sure I heard an interview with a guy (on Radio Sheffield recently?) who was part of some organisation who suggested that very idea to the FA around 10 years ago but the FA were having none of it and didn't believe that there would ever be an issue of the likes we've seen with Notts County and Portsmouth.

Crazy...Finance in football needs tighter regulation - it's the only way the game will be sustainable long term.

Guest ArbourOwl

^^^^^^This.A 2 division drop is the minimum that should be imposed.

I think it all depends on where a club finish tbh. If Cardiff did go into admin then relegation to League 1 would be ample enough. I don't buy this missing out on £50million from the prem big enough punishment. If a club finish in the relegation position then they get relegated twice, IE Pompey would be relegated to League 1 if they went down this season from the premiership. Maybe clubs should be made to bring in clause's in player's contract's where player's can leave for x amount of what there contract is worth if they enter admin. If a player has 5 years left on his contract at £50k per week, His contract would be worth £2.5million this player could leave for 75% of that which is around £1.85 million. Players under a certain age will still be dealt with by the tribunals system. It might mean player's going on the cheap but at least it clears the debt's whilst in admin and give's Clubs the chance to get rid of highly paid player's.. Also clubs should have a 50% wage cut clause for EVERYONE who is at the club. It's harsh for the player's but at least it might make player's think twice about joining clubs that just about everyone knows are spending beyound there means. Maybe clubs should be allowed to sell player's outside the transfer windows as well, but only after 1st april. Players would NOT be allowed to move to their new clubs though until the end of the current season. Again helping the club rid player's and help clear debt's for the fresh start in the lower league.

Perhaps all football clubs should have their books open to regular review by the FA and when they start going over budget or if debts start to exceed a certain percentage of turnover they get a warning, then a stronger warning and then sanctions such as transfer embargos and points deductions.

I also agree with this. This would be my prefered option.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

2 division relegation for me - i think proper penaltys that hurt the club in question if they overspend are the way to encourage better financial management of clubsIf for example it was a 2 division relegation then no one in thier right mind would ever want to go down the administration route and they would not overspend in the first place because the consequences would be so sevreI also like the capping wages to a percentage of club turnover option that has been mentioned in the past

Guest ArbourOwl

I also like the capping wages to a percentage of club turnover option that has been mentioned in the past

I also like this idea. BUT for me it would have to be a cap for all teams over europe/world done by UEFA and FIFA. Having just English clubs capped would kill our leagues imo.

Its an excellent point to be fair, and i cant think if a valid argument against that.Other than it would almost certainly kill the club if that were to happen.On one side, if it were a business, no one would give a poo poo, they would go into admin, and out of business. Only in football can a company get away with such poor management.On the other side, if wednesday had gone into administration, i reckon i could put a very good argument together that a 2 division drop is too harsh a punishment...Either way, the league needs to do something. Its become acceptable to go into admin, wipe off your debt and start again. Palace managed to keep hold of some players after going into admin - they should have been made to sell to ANYONE who came in with a realistic offer.

I also like this idea. BUT for me it would have to be a cap for all teams over europe/world done by UEFA and FIFA. Having just English clubs capped would kill our leagues imo.

Its already been done in most sports, and leagues. We just refuse to accept thats what needs to happen.

Riles me that Portsmouth have CHEATED their way to Wembley once again.The scumbags sould be kicked out of the competetion.

I thought I heard on talksport ( devalues the source I know) That portsmouth's position in the cup may be against the rules of the Cup and therefore they may be chucked out

I thought I heard on talksport ( devalues the source I know) That portsmouth's position in the cup may be against the rules of the Cup and therefore they may be chucked out

SSN said that the FA have told Pompey their place in the cup is safe.They have not, however, reapplied for a UEFA license so would not qualify for Europe via the FA cup.