Points deductions for teams in admin

Guest ReginaldBlinker

Without wanting to sound like our sisters across the city, it would be a rumbleing bitter pill to swallow if Cardiff and Palace go into administration and we go down...You take a gamble, spend money on players you don't have and what happens - you take the ten point hit, stay in the division, rebuild for next yearYou cut your cloth, spend what you can afford and wheel and deal - you get relegated.Yeah there are other implications with administration (though in Palace' case I can see f*ck all, they don't own their stadium anyway do they?) but... I don't know.Like I said... very bitter pill.

Guest ArbourOwl

Without wanting to sound like our sisters across the city, it would be a rumbleing bitter pill to swallow if Cardiff and Palace go into administration and we go down...You take a gamble, spend money on players you don't have and what happens - you take the ten point hit, stay in the division, rebuild for next yearYou cut your cloth, spend what you can afford and wheel and deal - you get relegated.Yeah there are other implications with administration (though in Palace' case I can see f*ck all, they don't own their stadium anyway do they?) but... I don't know.Like I said... very bitter pill.

This is one of my main gripes as well about it. There ain't any punishment what so ever if there still in this division next season. I keep mentioning the southampton situation in these threads. I do so because they where in admin at the start of the season, Then they go and sign a player for £1 million WTF.... Yeah i know they'll end up in League one next season but they'll be up the season after with that sort of spending power. They have a massive advantage over us IF we get relegated and we don't get any money from anywhere.

Guest leonclarkeatemydad

According to the rules of exiting administration Palace would have to agree to a CVA (whatever that is), if they dont then they'll get docked up to 17 more points. Leeds couldn't do this the other year and were docked 15 points at the beginning of their first League 1 season.If Palace exit admin before the end of this season without the CVA (whatever that is) they will be even worse off than they are now.I think! :unsure:

Guest ArbourOwl

According to the rules of exiting administration Palace would have to agree to a CVA (whatever that is), if they dont then they'll get docked up to 17 more points. Leeds couldn't do this the other year and were docked 15 points at the beginning of their first League 1 season.If Palace exit admin before the end of this season without the CVA (whatever that is) they will be even worse off than they are now.I think! :unsure:

A CVA is something that 75% of creditors have to agree too. In palace's case (i could be wrong) Simon Jordan is the main creditor to the tune of £20million. So basiclly if the Admin say we want to pay you this money at 20p in every £1 and he says no then there up poo creek.

What happens if they don't come out of admin with the respective CVA after the season ends - can it be applied retrospectively?

I'd imagine that once the season is over with the points would come off next season.

Guest tomarkley

Suppose I take the arguments on board, I was looking at it from the point of view of the club employees. Its not their fault the club was mis-managed and it would almost certainly mean a lot of them being made redundant. Having gone through a period of looking like my office of work could be closed, I can only sympathise with the 85 Pompey club shop workers etc that have been laid off today. You should punish the executives who mis-managed, not the fans and low level employees'.

Indeed.Also, although Palace may miss out on a potential promotion push, there is nothing stopping them spending beyond their means again. They have basically got away with it.

Guest ArbourOwl

Suppose I take the arguments on board, I was looking at it from the point of view of the club employees. Its not their fault the club was mis-managed and it would almost certainly mean a lot of them being made redundant. Having gone through a period of looking like my office of work could be closed, I can only sympathise with the 85 Pompey club shop workers etc that have been laid off today. You should punish the executives who mis-managed, not the fans and low level employees'.

Club chairmans etc that take clubs into admin SHOULD NEVER be able to be involved with football clubs again imo. Espcially if it can be proved that it was them that made the dbt's etc sky rocket.

Guest tazz070299

Why all this talk about points deduction or relegation down one or two divisions. If a club goes into administration and subsequently is unable to pay its creditors, then it is insolvent and should be removed from the football league,as happened to Accrington Stanley; Bradford Park Avenue; Leeds City and Aldershot. If someone then buys the club they can re-register with the FA,and apply for re-entry into the Football League, starting in Division 2.The above will avoid the various shenanigins we have seen recently with Leicester; Portsmouth (now twice); Palace (twice); etc.Only such severe penalties will prevent football clubs from being run in a way which treats creditors as charities and with no regard to the basic financial rules as described by Mr Bumble.TazzTazz

Guest ArbourOwl

Why all this talk about points deduction or relegation down one or two divisions. If a club goes into administration and subsequently is unable to pay its creditors, then it is insolvent and should be removed from the football league,as happened to Accrington Stanley; Bradford Park Avenue; Leeds City and Aldershot. If someone then buys the club they can re-register with the FA,and apply for re-entry into the Football League, starting in Division 2.The above will avoid the various shenanigins we have seen recently with Leicester; Portsmouth (now twice); Palace (twice); etc.Only such severe penalties will prevent football clubs from being run in a way which treats creditors as charities and with no regard to the basic financial rules as described by Mr Bumble.TazzTazz

But then your flipping the fans compleatly which is not fair. Its harsh enough that fans would have to put up with footballing starndards of a few league's lower but to flip the club off and shut it up is just wrong. And lets just say you have 3 teams that go into admin in the same season from the championship and the prem. Who suffer's then.........The teams that can no longer get promoted from the lower league's, and the teams relegated because some halfwit can't run a club properly...You can't have a league with 27 teams in it now can you. 52 games a season, Plus the jPT, League cup and FA cup. you would be talking around 70+ games a season if you have a few good cup runs.

Guest bartos

Said it before & will say it again... If we go down this season & Palace & Cardiff remain it will be an absolute disgraceI understand we have been shocking at times this season & as things stand deserve to be in a relegation dogfight but do Cardiff & Palace deserve there place?

At the very least. I wouldn't be opposed to a 2 division drop either, it'd defo scare clubs into tightening their belts.

It may well do, but making an example of one side now will only make it appear that those who have gone into admin in the past have "got away with it" even more. Added to that, given the lengths of contracts in football, any cost cutting that begins now can only be gradual. Any harsh penalties as these would have to be announced with the intention of it coming in in 2/3 years imo, otherwise you're punishing clubs for the hell of it, not to solve the problem.