Tonight's 'Forward Together' meeting with LS

I mean with LS and his message

Personally I think too much store has been placed on the whole investment thing.

Maybe the Chairman has been at fault on that with his message, maybe it's down to the fans who have perhaps mis-interpreted the message.

As someone who has doubt's about the Chairman, I actually thought he came across better than I've ever seen him previously last night.

I'm more concerned with on the pitch than investment (although the 2 it seems, are very much connected)......more specifically LS's comment that on the pitch things are no where near as bad as they were before Christmas and that once the injured players are back we will be ok because we are a lot more organised

And if there is one phrase I hate it is "the players we've got are technically very good".......I should bl**dy hope they are....they are proffesional footballers who have got little else to do but practice their skills.......unfortunately, not only are there a multitude of other aspects that they are weak on (mental strength, desire etc) but we see week in, week out that they aren't really that hot technically either.

And yes, football is about opinions, and LS may have a lot of inside knowledge that gives him the edge when it comes to commenting on off the field issues, but on the pitch I'm as qualified as him (in fact, technically I'd hazard a guess that I'm more qualified) and we are as sh*t now as we were under Laws

I think this meeting was for those people that haven't met Lee or been to any of the other meetings. So I'm not really bothered about it.

Basically, the foundations are in place for us to have a fairly sold club. All that needs sorting out now is the mess that Brian Laws left behind. He has taken this club backwards three years. We need to develop a young dynamic squad, with a target of selling them to Premier league clubs.

If we are relegated is will be a disappointment, but not an impossible position from which to return. Staying up will give Alan Irvine a better start. I think we're going to have to try move some players out on loan, to free up some more wages. Then bring in players with a similar age to Soares and Nolan.

Totally agree BUT the fact is so many fans out there will not renew this early . Put those Existing ST prices up and there is even less chance to keep them.

As I have said a few times I would bite the bullet and just let the 1st deadline last until the first game of the season. THEN make it perfectly clear that the season after deadline will be early and WILL NOT be moved.

Hopefully the economy will be better then and people will have more confidence in spending their cash on things other than bills etc.

your having a laugh rn't you.

dont think people will ever believe promises of no new deadlines,no more cheap tickets bla bla ever again.

got my ST,still go home and away but let the invesment bullshit stop now.

I suppose the difference between fans as investors and Club 9 is that were far more emotionally attached and likely to invest regardless of what league were in.

Obviously there may be some that dont renew because of it, but looking at teams that have bounced back immediately they are the ones who have been able to hold onto the majority of their players.

And these players are the ones to get us back up if we go down?

I cant understand why people are surprised that there is no new news from this meeting. Lee is constantly communicating with the fans on this forum amongst others. What was he going to say? "The investment came last week but I forgot to tell you"?

It was a question and answer session so those who have questions could get them answered, If you didn't hear the answer you wanted maybe you should have gone along and asked the question?

Is it such a terrible thing that our chairman is prepared to engage the fans?

I think this meeting was for those people that haven't met Lee or been to any of the other meetings. So I'm not really bothered about it.

Actually, as it said on the tin, the meeting was for people to ask questions and get answers - about the past year and the current state.

Some of the people who were there -and asked questions - have been to previous meetings, some have even had their individual meetings with Lee.

So thank you to all those who attended and especially those who asked questions.

Sorry but the fans are entitled to the same rule if they want.

Too true... but it'll work against us.

Some fans will buy regardless, some fans will wait to see what they're buying....

But I reckon a large chunk of the people waiting to see what league we'll be in, will eventually just f**k it off cos they'll have lost their seat by the time they find out.

I know 3 people doing that who I go with, and tbh I doubt very much they'll renew... no matter how much slaver I give them.

Guest Deleted member

You're not allowed to say that sort of thing on OT!

How do you know that - as someone who's been a member for just over 2 hours?

I cant understand why people are surprised that there is no new news from this meeting. Lee is constantly communicating with the fans on this forum amongst others. What was he going to say? "The investment came last week but I forgot to tell you"?

It was a question and answer session so those who have questions could get them answered, If you didn't hear the answer you wanted maybe you should have gone along and asked the question?

Is it such a terrible thing that our chairman is prepared to engage the fans?

Tru dat.

It wasn't just to Q&A Strafford though

You could have come along and asked questions of the W'ite board

Funny that...

Lets get this straight.

I put in for a season ticket this year on the back of Lee's message and goals. It's fooked up big time, no?

There is a high chance that we will be in league one next year, he wants me to put my earnings in again on the basis that we should support the club no matter what league we are in.

Sorry but that's taking the wee wee and quite disrespectful of the fans that backed him last year.

I would rather him say, sorry guys I've fooked up, but give me another chance to get this right, its talking longer than I thought it would.

LEE! I will renew my season ticket if the deadline is put back to more convenient time i.e late April/May irrespective of what league we are in.

If the deadline is not pushed back I may renew if we are still in the championship.

If the deadline is not pushed back I will not renew if we are in league one.

I will be happy to put down a deposit now (say £75) to secure the cheaper price and my seat and pay the rest in May.

I don't want to pay £15 to pay over 12 months when I can pay over less.

I want to use my Team Card points online to reduce the season ticket price.

Am i asking too much?

Get it sorted!

Guest Vindice

How do you know that - as someone who's been a member for just over 2 hours?

Because I can read...Is it imperitive that I join before Im allowed to read the posts on here?

"Clique" would be a word that jumps to mind

Lets get this straight.

I put in for a season ticket this year on the back of Lee's message and goals. It's fooked up big time, no?

There is a high chance that we will be in league one next year, he wants me to put my earnings in again on the basis that we should support the club no matter what league we are in.

Sorry but that's taking the wee wee and quite disrespectful of the fans that backed him last year.

I would rather him say, sorry guys I've fooked up, but give me another chance to get this right, its talking longer than I thought it would.

LEE! I will renew my season ticket if the deadline is put back to more convenient time i.e late April/May irrespective of what league we are in.

If the deadline is not pushed back I may renew if we are still in the championship.

If the deadline is not pushed back I will not renew if we are in league one.

I will be happy to put down a deposit now (say £75) to secure the cheaper price and my seat and pay the rest in May.

I don't want to pay £15 to pay over 12 months when I can pay over less.

I want to use my Team Card points online to reduce the season ticket price.

Am i asking too much?

Get it sorted!

So you're happy to pay £75 now and the rest in May, but don't want to pay £15 over 12 months.

That's fine!

Buy an ST, sign up to DD, pay £15 for 2/3 months till you can afford to pay the rest off in May, then sort it out with Zebra Finanace (I think) to pay off the rest of the lump sum then when you can afford it. Sorted!

Also, I think if you go into the megastore, the staff there will be able to help you use your team card points against an online renewal price. Easy peasy :biggrin: