Tonight's 'Forward Together' meeting with LS

OK Where was this publicised? I was aware of the meeting but was totally unaware it was an 'open' meeting.

I actually seem to remember after one of your previous ill-informed polemics someone posted the very details of the meeting, and the fact it was open to non-Wednesdayite members as a direct response.

I could be wrong.

But it's not like it had been plastered all over this site, to start with, for weeks.

WHERE'S THE MONEY GOING TO COME FROM FFS?? HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO BE TOLD?? THERE IS NO MORE flippingMONEY!!!! GROW UP. MOVE ON. FOR CHRISSAKES. Cheesus!

Yes, it's been poor these last two games, but how much longer do we have to read comments about 'go on, then, you first, then if you do, I will'. Jeez it's like a overgrown game of playground dare. Pathetic.

It's not a club chairman's job to put money in; he or she's just the chairman, that's all. It's for others to do that, and maybe they never will. Who chuffing well cares? It's still Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, even if we're in the Unibond flippingLeague. I'm not going to go and watch anyone else, or buy a season ticket at Chesterfield of Barnsley. Even if we lose the next 14 games I won't stop being a Wednesday fan.

Christ it makes my blood boil, the crap that gets talked on here about whose fault it is. IRRELEVANT. MOVE ON.

How about a bit of positivity behind a thread-bare, knackered, injured, over-achieving squad who might just be the only route we've got to dig us out of this season's hole?

And BTW Plato was a Greek philosopher, not a piece of recently-visited topography.

FFS

:angry:

Have a fcuking beer shabby.. All I'm saying is you won't get thousands more supporters investing into this club until the performances have improved - invest in the team..

Does it need shed loads of fcuking money ?? No.. Did I ask LS to put his money in No.. But it needs it spending very wisely,, have we spend it wisely of late.. no.. Soares / Clark / Miller / Jeffers.. Bringing in mediocre players like Purse / Varney..

For the record I love your loyalty - like mine for the last 25 years of following us through thick and thin and thinner..

I invest my time and money into the club as much as possible (about 15% of my nett income a year)..and no doubt will continue to do so... But we are where we are and much as admirable it is of LS to drive the initiatives home.. calling people names make him little better than the previous chairman.. We have a bloody decent following all things considering and it annoys the fornicate out of me, to be preached at by someone who is no better than me.. If he invested 15% of his income into the club like I do year in year out with not return then I could understand it.. Granted he has done well in business and deserves what he has earnt through hard work.. but don't preach and be condecending..

I will continue to clap and support anybody who puts on a blue and white shirt.. but that does not mean I enjoy it..

traits of being a wednesdayite..

UTO

I actually seem to remember after one of your previous ill-informed polemics someone posted the very details of the meeting, and the fact it was open to non-Wednesdayite members as a direct response.

I could be wrong.

But it's not like it had been plastered all over this site, to start with, for weeks.

Thought that was the whole point of the site - to discuss and be controversial?

If what I say is controversial, it is probably because some of my information is different from some others. But then, if living on this site rather than living is the way to get informed, you are probably right, I am ill informed as I only visit the site occasionally (although throughout the whole Sheard affair, I think you can go back over my postings and find I was pretty correct and well informed all the way through, even in the early days when most saw him as the saviour riding towards us on his white horse).

Sites like Owlstalk for me hold equal amounts of pleasure and dismay

It's a brilliant concept that allows fans to articulate their opinions and queries together with the occasional input from club staff

It's also a tool for feeding the delusional rumblewittery of armchair journalists and pundits who think composing a correctly spelt and prosed post makes them Donal rumbleing McIntyre

Edited by O_D_A

Thought that was the whole point of the site - to discuss and be controversial?

If what I say is controversial, it is probably because some of my information is different from some others. But then, if living on this site rather than living is the way to get informed, you are probably right, I am ill informed as I only visit the site occasionally (although throughout the whole Sheard affair, I think you can go back over my postings and find I was pretty correct and well informed all the way through, even in the early days when most saw him as the saviour riding towards us on his white horse).

You don't have to be on this site. Every message on this site has been elsewhere also.

You're just not even on the same page. You've not asked a single question that hasn't either been answered or explained here and elsewhere before. But yet you (and others) persist in asking questions that aren't even relevant to where we are nor need to be.

As I said in the other thread, it's fine if you've got criticism and questions, that's what this site is for, but not when you don't even seem to understand what's going on.

If you've got some mystical extra information, please share. Otherwise, fuck right off.

Have a fcuking beer shabby.. All I'm saying is you won't get thousands more supporters investing into this club until the performances have improved - invest in the team..

Does it need shed loads of fcuking money ?? No.. Did I ask LS to put his money in No.. But it needs it spending very wisely,, have we spend it wisely of late.. no.. Soares / Clark / Miller / Jeffers.. Bringing in mediocre players like Purse / Varney..

For the record I love your loyalty - like mine for the last 25 years of following us through thick and thin and thinner..

I invest my time and money into the club as much as possible (about 15% of my nett income a year)..and no doubt will continue to do so... But we are where we are and much as admirable it is of LS to drive the initiatives home.. calling people names make him little better than the previous chairman.. We have a bloody decent following all things considering and it annoys the fornicate out of me, to be preached at by someone who is no better than me.. If he invested 15% of his income into the club like I do year in year out with not return then I could understand it.. Granted he has done well in business and deserves what he has earnt through hard work.. but don't preach and be condecending..

I will continue to clap and support anybody who puts on a blue and white shirt.. but that does not mean I enjoy it..

traits of being a wednesdayite..

UTO

Popped me cork a bit this afternoon. Never mind, and I appreciate your reasonableness (?) and the offer....

I guess all I'm saying is, whether you're right or wrong, we've got no choice but to back the current team, chairman, set-up, because if we don't we're sunk (but only in a footballing sense - the club's in decent shape at this stage, if it can be separated from the team). We can all be wise after the event, and that's the joy of forums like this, but at the end of the day, they're the only Sheffield Wednesday team on the park. No choice!

Get your ST's renewed if you haven't yet and get behind the team so we ensure we stay up.

Anything else is just downside for all of us.

Regards

Lee

that's right

It is not Alan or the players who will keep us up

It is an extra thousand or so fans turning up ?

Don't you see it yet..... no matter how many times you harp on about it, whether you like it not, people aren't going to come with the gash Brian has assembled and the state of the football under Alan.

Why would they ? They obviosuly don't want to rebuild "their" club, without having any enjoyment or entertainment in return, as you've asked them to do this about 8 or 9 times now.

I admire you for trying, but it's like flogging sand to the Arabs...... even a little bit of decent football is too much to ask these days

Edited by Glaser

that's right

It is not Alan or the players who will keep us up

It is an extra thousand or so fans turning up ?

Don't you see it yet..... no matter how many times you harp on about it, whether you like it not, people aren't going to come with the gash Brian has assembled and the state of the football under Alan.

Why would they ? They obviosuly don't want to rebuild "their" club, without having any enjoyment or entertainment in return, as you've asked them to do this about 8 or 9 times now.

I admire you for trying, but it's like flogging sand to the Arabs...... even a little bit of decent football is too much to ask these days

flipping hell, you're worse than Mr. Robinson up there.

Popped me cork a bit this afternoon. Never mind, and I appreciate your reasonableness (?) and the offer....

I guess all I'm saying is, whether you're right or wrong, we've got no choice but to back the current team, chairman, set-up, because if we don't we're sunk (but only in a footballing sense - the club's in decent shape at this stage, if it can be separated from the team). We can all be wise after the event, and that's the joy of forums like this, but at the end of the day, they're the only Sheffield Wednesday team on the park. No choice!

And now doubt the regular 20-22k will continue to do so.. but it takes more for extra to be enticed.. not just the nice (and slightly expensive) pies..

flipping hell, you're worse than Mr. Robinson up there.

aaahhh, bless, does reality hurt ?

Still, you stick with your investment dream eh ?

Less season tickets sold than last year ?

What happens if that occurs and our squad regresses again ?

We cannot replace the out of contract players with a similar ilk.

aaahhh, bless, does reality hurt ?

Still, you stick with your investment dream eh ?

Less season tickets sold than last year ?

What happens if that occurs and our squad regresses again ?

We cannot replace the out of contract players with a similar ilk.

Seriously, you're NOT a Blade?

Wow.

For the record, it doesn't matter to me whether or not investment happens.

Do you even want us to stay up?

Seriously, you're NOT a Blade?

Wow.

For the record, it doesn't matter to me whether or not investment happens.

Do you even want us to stay up?

do you think if I didn't I would still spend the fortunes I do going to matches ?

Would I attend all but two of the away matches ?

Would I be so angry and upset at the plight of my club?

Some of us like to sit back and take what ever we are told at face value.

Some of us like to sit back, bury our heads in the sand and pretend all is rosy with the squad and the club.

Some us don't. Some of us are hurt and feel let down by the board, players and managements at different times and in different measures.

If I am a blade for being passionate about my club, then I apologise.

I will not pretend all is rosy.

People are allowed to sing Lee's and the squads praises til the cows come home. Why cannot I do the same about the things that aren't going well ?

Guest oliver666

I would say so, I keep coming, shouting, buying next years tickets.

What exactly are you doing for the club then Max?

Well said. It appears to be one way traffic here and it ain't healthy. Take the praise, take the critisism, but many on here can't hack that. They assume that when critisim is made against LS, comments such as 'you must be blade' etc are said. Chidish to say the least. I accept LS is trying to turn around Wednesdays fortunes but that does'nt make him the messiah just yet.

Well said. It appears to be one way traffic here and it ain't healthy. Take the praise, take the critisism, but many on here can't hack that. They assume that when critisim is made against LS, comments such as 'you must be blade' etc are said. Chidish to say the least. I accept LS is trying to turn around Wednesdays fortunes but that does'nt make him the messiah just yet.

Evening mate. I agree - pays your money, sit through the tripe and reserve the right to pass judgement.