Irvine On Radio Sheffield Now

Actually you probably couldn't fault the effort today, I'm sure they are trying their best, trouble is, many of them just aren't good enough which is even more worrying.

Without over analysing ( because I'm not enough of a football tactical genius to do that) it strikes me that we have too many players who are just not comfortable with a football at their feet and bizarrely some of the main culprits are our supposedly more creative players.

So many things looked wrong today that it's a bit worrying.

Only one I'd single out for criticism would be EE, he seemed to offer nothing by way of effort today.

The rest probably tried their best which like I say, is quite worrying.

well short of a mardy strop, blackspot style, he tried to make the best of it some of the comments on here are another loss short of asking for his head ffs.

Don't get me wrong I winced at the comment too but I think understood why he said it and IMO the guy has got an almost impossible job with this lot - Managing's a bit different from coaching so I guess we'll find out his style but there are still enough points to play for ...just! Richard the 111 speeches and rants may be better served up later around playing the pigs time

So you couldnt fault the effort either today?

No didn't say that in fact I believe the team's effort has been lacking for several games -when everyone was waxing lyrical about beating plymouth, I thought they were the better team we got out of jail.

Actually you probably couldn't fault the effort today, I'm sure they are trying their best, trouble is, many of them just aren't good enough which is even more worrying.

Without over analysing ( because I'm not enough of a football tactical genius to do that) it strikes me that we have too many players who are just not comfortable with a football at their feet and bizarrely some of the main culprits are our supposedly more creative players.

So many things looked wrong today that it's a bit worrying.

Only one I'd single out for criticism would be EE, he seemed to offer nothing by way of effort today.

The rest probably tried their best which like I say, is quite worrying.

indeed mate

Guest Deleted member

No didn't say that in fact I believe the team's effort has been lacking for several games

But that was all I said? we could probably all agree on it?

But that was all I said? we could probably all agree on it?

yes agreed, but you chose to defend the people I'm criticisng.

tbh I'm struggling to agree with a lot post poo poo performance blues I'm reading tonight, wouldn't fancy being in the trenches with em never mind when it goes down to the wire and we need support.

God I hate managers who never tell it as it is

Can't he just say the squad he has inherited from Mr Laws will need a massive over haul in the summer ?

As for the "can't fault the lads for the effort" :st2:

That one comment has got me more worried about him than any of the defeats under him so far

I think a bit too much is being made of what AI said. It just sounds like one of those cliches/soundbytes that you hear in almost every post match interview. The fact is any manager saying his team didn't put a 100% in is also admitting he was at fault in a roundabout way.

I'd rather have a manager that says the right things to the media and the right things to the players - because I would bet that the two will be very different.

Effort? We were second to almost every ball today.

Effort? Where was the discipline and shape that helped us scrape 5 wins together?

Does he really think they have talent? Crikey, they can't pass the ball 10 yards. Maybe he was being diplomatic.

It will be a miracle if AI keeps this spineless bunch in this league. We have some seriously tough games coming up - and we made Donny look like world beaters and Ipswich look half bad, when in reality Ipswich are sh!te.

We are in a fight for our lives. I seriously doubt the players are up for it. Get rid of as many as possible in the summer, no matter which league we are in.

Even though that's true, no he can't. Because a worrying majority of our squad are confidence players. Saying they're crap on the radio won't help anyone.

why ?

He is not singling out players.

It is just saying the 'squad' is not good enough.

If I heard that, it would actually motivate me to not want to be part of that statement

Because team spirit is important Glaser. Irvine + Squad vs the world is more likely to see us stay up than Irvine + the world vs squad.

But don't get me wrong, I was sat in Hillsborough today frustrated, angry and disillusioned. Occasionally I'd unleash my frustration and have a bit of a rant at the inept dross I was seeing before I left on the 85th minute when Ipswich got their disallowed goal. Richsheffweds pretty much summed up my feelings. Our squad lacks spine. Good performances in AI's honeymoon period and it's all rainbows and butterflies, but as soon as things aren't going great they fold. Suddenly nobody is willing to step up to the plate and take responsibility on the pitch and fight for the club we love.

Because team spirit is important Glaser. Irvine + Squad vs the world is more likely to see us stay up than Irvine + the world vs squad.

But don't get me wrong, I was sat in Hillsborough today frustrated, angry and disillusioned. Occasionally I'd unleash my frustration and have a bit of a rant at the inept dross I was seeing before I left on the 85th minute when Ipswich got their disallowed goal. Richsheffweds pretty much summed up my feelings. Our squad lacks spine. Good performances in AI's honeymoon period and it's all rainbows and butterflies, but as soon as things aren't going great they fold. Suddenly nobody is willing to step up to the plate and take responsibility on the pitch and fight for the club we love.

Yep agreed

Its a hit and miss subject whether to chuck a defender straight in who only arrived at the Club a day before a game, and it can be debated for ever and ever, but I can safely say he will be starting next week, whether it is for Simek or Spurr I really don't care.

Doncaster played there centre half they signed on the morning of the match against us and look what happened Elliott Ward we are cursed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very sensible post.AI finds himself in a very difficult position he SIMPLY Can not blast the players in public fair do if he had plenty off other options available to him for next week yes do have a go in public but like it or not we will go with the majority who played today and we cannot destroy confidence.People need to take a reality check we are still a VERY POOR side thanks to BL ineptness in the transfer market and at present 20 th position come May like it or not has to be deemed as a sucess.The time to scrutinize AI more carefully is when he has the chance to mould his own side not now we just have to hope the current squad have enough in them to survive and regroup in the summer.

agreed again

As someone who was underwhelmed by his appointment based on my perception that he was a respected coach but had very little experience as a manager but what little he did have was good; I've been more than pleased how we have achieved 5 wins and now I take my hat off to LS for his appointment, because it transpires very little coaching happened before, he has, or HW has obviously noted that and selected AI. What I want to see now is can he manage the team, can he select and buy well when he has the chance?

We're in for a white knuckle ride down to the wire and we've seen this before with seemingly buried teams matching our form and by far the biggest factor in our survival is the effort/moral of the players who know they're out at the end of the season publicly flaying the slackers isn't going to help.

As Donny showed all too painfully it is possible to play a newly signed player so I believe it was a mistake not to play Nolan -take your pick which FB. - really hope we haven't signed another unfit player.

Not really..I was ST holder for 20 years but life took me to the SW where I still am most of the time..and I probably been dragged to the Swill more times than half the people that post on here ;)

Owner got a piggy lead for you then? What they do? tie you to a lamp post on Leppings lane while they watched the game.

You can tell you lot didnt played yesterday! Where is the Blackwell out gang? Broken down on the way back from yur away game that never was? :laugh:

Bring on the summer when we can have clear out and like I said earlier how LS thinks he is going to sell 16k season cards when they play like that is in dream land. Maybe he should have a word with the team instead of the fans because if they play like that there will be less card holders never mind getting as many as last season.

Not really..I was ST holder for 20 years but life took me to the SW fans forum where I still am most of the time..and I probably been fortunate to be dragged to the ground WC selected above yours more times than half the people that post on here ;)

corrected for you

Agreed. To come out and publicly slate them would be disastrous.