Irvine On Radio Sheffield Now

Guest Deleted member

nige not saying you specifically but what do you want him to do: publicly fry the barstewards?

He said alongside that RS comment that he could destroy a few but where would it get him?

- I agree torch the sods in private but public blackspot type rants only work once or twice then where does he go with a limited in every way squad he admits he doesn't know which buttons to press .

I feel for the guy where were all these critics during the 5 wins - unless you can supply the guy with fresh faces you have to stick with his way of getting the squad to play.

He didnt have to say anything did he? He could have analysed his opinions on the game without naming individuals.

he could even have said 'he can accept defeat if the team has given him 100% - however he wont accept less than 100% from anybody'

That would send the right message to fans AND players

Guest JonTheOwl66

Im sure AI has a better idea than any of us.

Let him get on with his job without giving him grief, 5 wins out of 9 in a relegation battle isn't bad.

Guest mickeybb

Im sure AI has a better idea than any of us.

Let him get on with his job without giving him grief, 5 wins out of 9 in a relegation battle isn't bad.

but those 5 wins were against the same (or similar) teams that you played at the start of the season...and its not going to get any easier from here onward......

Guest Deleted member

but those 5 wins were against the same (or similar) teams that you played at the start of the season...and its not going to get any easier from here onward......

Havent you got somewhere else to be? Go and play with your own fans and do sums on your play off chances

He didnt have to say anything did he? He could have analysed his opinions on the game without naming individuals.

he could even have said 'he can accept defeat if the team has given him 100% - however he wont accept less than 100% from anybody'

That would send the right message to fans AND players

well short of a mardy strop, blackspot style, he tried to make the best of it some of the comments on here are another loss short of asking for his head ffs.

Don't get me wrong I winced at the comment too but I think understood why he said it and IMO the guy has got an almost impossible job with this lot - Managing's a bit different from coaching so I guess we'll find out his style but there are still enough points to play for ...just! Richard the 111 speeches and rants may be better served up later around playing the pigs time

Guest JonTheOwl66

You are an absolute flippingtard. Grow up.

Guest Deleted member

well short of a mardy strop, blackspot style, he tried to make the best of it some of the comments on here are another loss short of asking for his head ffs.

Don't get me wrong I winced at the comment too but I think understood why he said it and IMO the guy has got an almost impossible job with this lot - Managing's a bit different from coaching so I guess we'll find out his style but there are still enough points to play for ...just! Richard the 111 speeches and rants may be better served up later around playing the pigs time

So you couldnt fault the effort either today?

Guest mickeybb

Havent you got somewhere else to be? Go and play with your own fans and do sums on your play off chances

Nothing like a wel lthought out decently argued response is there?

Looks like Im right again.....

This isn't about SUFC so dont try to drag them into it.....Its all you ever do if an argument of any sort is showing youin the wrong

Guest Deleted member

Nothing like a wel lthought out decently argued response is there?

Looks like Im right again.....

This isn't about SUFC so dont try to drag them into it.....Its all you ever do if an argument of any sort is showing youin the wrong

You arent even making sense?

Boring tw@

Guest mickeybb

You arent even making sense?

Boring tw@

even better!

so i make a few reasoned points on SWFC that you don't like and you resort to typing childish insults? You dont show me up that is for sure

Guest mrbluesky

Some of you don't get it do you,BL was making excuses for the shizzer players he had at his disposal and yes he did sign them but only in the hope that they could turn out to be average players

AI is doing the same for the simple reason that they are then only poo players he HAS at his disposal,he ain't going to lay into them as they are his only hope of championship football

SO WE ARE F**KED!!!!!

Guest JonTheOwl66

even better!

so i make a few reasoned points on SWFC that you don't like and you resort to typing childish insults? You dont show me up that is for sure

I think your one of them fans, who lives in like Grimsby. Rings Radio Sheffield up, blatantly lies about going to the game, and moans 'Blackwell out' for 15 minutes while Seth whole heartedly agree's with you.

Am I right?

Guest mickeybb

I think your one of them fans, who lives in like Grimsby. Rings Radio Sheffield up, blatantly lies about going to the game, and moans 'Blackwell out' for 15 minutes while Seth whole heartedly agree's with you.

Am I right?

Not really..I was ST holder for 20 years but life took me to the SW where I still am most of the time..and I probably been dragged to the Swill more times than half the people that post on here ;)

Guest JonTheOwl66

Not really..I was ST holder for 20 years but life took me to the SW where I still am most of the time..and I probably been dragged to the Swill more times than half the people that post on here ;)

:laugh:

Nice life mate?

Guest totemowl

Honestly I can't fault them for effort - possibly with one exception. The problem is how they apply it and where they apply it. As individuals they were doing their job in their area of the pitch. But did that produce a good team performance? Did it heck.

The back line usually only had themselves to play the ball to. The front line constantly got it in the back, and were penalised whenever they responded. The midfield were swamped. And once Potter is neutralised, we seem to lose all creativity.

We seem to have returned to how we were a couple of months ago. Individual efforts but not enough effort for the team, ie to help teammates out.

Guest Deleted member

I think my biggest frustration is the reliance on the long ball.

Its the same every time - defence get the ball, lump it up into the channels... and then, NOTHING. By the end of the game today we were lumping it down the middle as Gray and Esajas were gone.

We always look (ok not always) more threatening when Clarke is on - Tudgay and Varney just doesnt work as a central attack pairing.

so why not bring him in next week and give him a few days training etc. If he wasn't ready to play today why have him on the bench?

Errr perhaps so that Alan can see which of the defenders rises to the challenge of knowing there's now competition for places and bumps up their game seeing Nolan on the bench ready and willing to take his place in the starting 11?