STRAFFORD OUT

Guest brockowl

At what point does LS begin to shoulder some responsibility for your current malaise ? Hes been there 15 months now , just how long will he plausibly be able to shift the blame to the old regime ?

Firstly, why are you posting on our boards?

To address the point I've quoted, what should he have done? He's already massively improved us off the pitch, but we have no money, so how can he effect the dross on the pitch?

Guest jeffrey

I could have sworn the title of the thread was LS out .

Side step the question all you want ...... but questions SHOULD be asked of your chairman .

You have your highest average attendance for some time at the moment .... yet the playing side , arguably , is as poor now as it has been since you were last relegated .

At what point does LS begin to shoulder some responsibility for your current malaise ? Hes been there 15 months now , just how long will he plausibly be able to shift the blame to the old regime ?

at the minute we have a chairman who actually gives a s/hit and tries to get the club moving forward who else could do a better job his job is trying to get investment and at the end of the day player perfomances are not his fault

For me and this is just an opinion.

Strafford is a an employed mouthpiece of the current board, nothing more.

Why the defence of Ken Cooke at the AGM?, Yet the swift moves to oust Walker and Carson?

The old board needed a mouthpiece to protect the club from noesdiving into admin. That for me is all Lee Strafford is. If you expected anymore than that then you will be disappointed.

Calling LS, "Les Strafford and Les Strappon" on Facebook is very big. :rolleyes:

I think you've answered your own question there. He's provided a higher budget and got attendances up. When the team failed under Laws, he got rid of him and has brought in a very good manager.

What should he be doing? Getting in the car park with his shoes off?

He got attendances up by virtually giving tickets away . This has in turn served to effectively dis-engage swathes of your current ST holders ...... not really a winning gambit i think youd agree .

Im not a betting man , but id have a tenner on actual match day income being around the same as it was last season .... even with your higher attendances .

Now , couple all of that with the fact that investment is no nearer and your all being blamed for not renewing early and potentially killing your club .... even though the " product " you are asked to purchase is substandard .

I'll ask again .... at what point does LS need to shoulder the blame for your current malaise .... or will DA be blamed for your relegation this year aswell ?

Which is precisley why any post I have made (and posts Strafford himself has regarded as drivel) are tinged with a nudging expectation and refusal to simply 'stand still'.

Straffords remit is to make us stronger than we were on and off the pitch over a protracted period - wether its with investment or not doesn't essentially matter.

so far then ..........

Are we 'stronger' on the pitch ?

12 months and 2 transfer windows in ?

If we are to get relegated this season, will he have failed his remit ?

at the minute we have a chairman who actually gives a s/hit and tries to get the club moving forward who else could do a better job his job is trying to get investment and at the end of the day player perfomances are not his fault

If effort and comittment are the only attributes a chairman should possess .... why not appoint tango and have done with ?

Hey , with tango at the helm at least you wouldnt have him launching tirades of abuse at your fans ..... surely a positive step .

Guest Distraught!

I must admit - its entirely premature for LS to be labelled the best Chairman we've ever had. Theres a hell of a lot of work to be done before he can enjoy that kind of accolade

In my view, the best kind of Chairman a football club can have is one who rarely even gets mentioned. When all people talk about is the team and perhaps the manager, things are running smoothly. People focus on Strafford at SWFC because our club has become inundated by politics, back room squabbling, in fighting and distrust. Some of it is down to previous regimes (not just the DA/KW years but even before that) but it still goes on now.

From that perspective, I still think that McGhee was the top man because he was the largely unmentioned man at the club. If and when the LS era lets us concentrate on football and not politics, he will have done enough to be truly regarded as the best Chairman ever for turning round this odious situation.

The bottom line is SWFC is a football club! Football should be the number one focus at the club!

He got attendances up by virtually giving tickets away . This has in turn served to effectively dis-engage swathes of your current ST holders ...... not really a winning gambit i think youd agree .

Im not a betting man , but id have a tenner on actual match day income being around the same as it was last season .... even with your higher attendances .

Now , couple all of that with the fact that investment is no nearer and your all being blamed for not renewing early and potentially killing your club .... even though the " product " you are asked to purchase is substandard .

I'll ask again .... at what point does LS need to shoulder the blame for your current malaise .... or will DA be blamed for your relegation this year aswell ?

He's working his best for **** all cos' he loves the club...perhaps he could loan the club money at 10% interest or making sure the club has a £50 MILLION debt...now that's what I call a chairman

There haven't been many tickets given away this season. I'll give you last season, but something needed to be done then.

On what basis do you say investment is no nearer? Whether it's going to happen or not is not the question here, but investment is without doubt a lot nearer than it has been.

He's working his best for **** all cos' he loves the club...perhaps he could loan the club money at 10% interest or making sure the club has a £50 MILLION debt...now that's what I call a chairman

Yes , hes doing a great job . He's being heralded as potentially one of your greatest EVER chairmen ..... and hear you are defending him against your own supporters .

I wonder if LS has read this yet .... does he realise he's having greatness bestowed upon him ?

I think the title of his Royal greatness may be delayed a little if you are relegated though .... dont you ?

There haven't been many tickets given away this season. I'll give you last season, but something needed to be done then.

On what basis do you say investment is no nearer? Whether it's going to happen or not is not the question here, but investment is without doubt a lot nearer than it has been.

Ticket give away ...... pop down to any pub around the ground on matchday and pick one up .

In LS speak ..... investment is close . Conversely , however , using LS speak , its been close for the last 15 months .

If effort and comittment are the only attributes a chairman should possess .... why not appoint tango and have done with ?

Hey , with tango at the helm at least you wouldnt have him launching tirades of abuse at your fans ..... surely a positive step .

With all due respect (if any) b*gger off and put some of this type of sh*te on your own forum

Yes , hes doing a great job . He's being heralded as potentially one of your greatest EVER chairmen ..... and hear you are defending him against your own supporters .

I wonder if LS has read this yet .... does he realise he's having greatness bestowed upon him ?

I think the title of his Royal greatness may be delayed a little if you are relegated though .... dont you ?

where has all this heralding come from ?

I don't think too many will subscribe to that to be fair.

Or are you fabricating stuff to increase the strength of your argument