STRAFFORD OUT

Guest brockowl

Just a suggestion mate. McGhee may have been unpopular at the end of his reign but what about-

. Appointing Jack Charlton as manager

. Appointing Howard Wilkinson as manager

. Getting the club financially back in order

. Overseeing our rise from Division 3 back to the top flight.

I think to ignore these would be a little disgraceful.

SPOT ON .......and if he was in charge we wouldnt be 30 million in debt ...top man BERT McGhee

Guest Deleted member

I must admit - its entirely premature for LS to be labelled the best Chairman we've ever had. Theres a hell of a lot of work to be done before he can enjoy that kind of accolade

Guest bigandy

Lee just leave please all these promises of this and that and nothing. we would be better off in adminstration. Supporters are not going to turn up in the numbers that you require. You keep trying to sell a product that doesnt exist you have not got one.

Are you for real???

Some people just don't have a clue.

It was never going to be easy, it was always going to go to the wire but the fact of the matter is we are in a better position now than when Irvine took over. Remember the Palace game in the cup? Well you probably wont cos you weren't there. We were awful, that was probably one of, if not the worst performances I've seen by a Wednesday team in 20 odd years. If you had told me we would stay up then I would have laughed my head off.

People on this site Over-react to everything. It's more embarassing than listening to the Blades on Radio Sheffield. When we won our first three games under Irvine you were all looking at getting in the play-offs, now we've lost two on the trot its all doom and gloom again. Make your bloody minds up.

What do you want Lee to do?? He hasn't bought any of these players, unfortunately he was trusting enough to let Laws use the little money we did have. He's stepped up when no one else wanted anything else to do with us. He's made us 'investor friendly' and got rid of the dead wood from within He will get it right because he's not a quitter (unlike yourself).

Are you for real???

Some people just don't have a clue.

It was never going to be easy, it was always going to go to the wire but the fact of the matter is we are in a better position now than when Irvine took over. Remember the Palace game in the cup? Well you probably wont cos you weren't there. We were awful, that was probably one of, if not the worst performances I've seen by a Wednesday team in 20 odd years. If you had told me we would stay up then I would have laughed my head off.

People on this site Over-react to everything. It's more embarassing than listening to the Blades on Radio Sheffield. When we won our first three games under Irvine you were all looking at getting in the play-offs, now we've lost two on the trot its all doom and gloom again. Make your bloody minds up.

What do you want Lee to do?? He hasn't bought any of these players, unfortunately he was trusting enough to let Laws use the little money we did have. He's stepped up when no one else wanted anything else to do with us. He's made us 'investor friendly' and got rid of the dead wood from within He will get it right because he's not a quitter (unlike yourself).

When are the clubs accounts published ?

They could make interesting reading .

How are funds going to stop us getting relegated? Will funds give us a couple of loan signings and make them do what the manager tells them to do? Why don't the players we already have do what he tells them to do?

Funds will go a long way to stave off relegation.

Put yourself in the players shoes, If, AI could bring in a player who can cover any position in midfield, and possibly one striker,

All of a sudden you have 6 -10 players getting worried they might get dropped if they don’t put a performance in.

This in turn should make them work harder in training and on the pitch.

The threat of getting dropped has to be made real, we need results and we need them quickly.

He's done a brilliant job with little resources.

I'm confused about what you "strafford out!" idiots actually want him to do. He's improved us tenfold off the pitch, he's working his arse off for free to improve the clubs relationship with stakeholders and secure us some investment. What else do you want from the bloke?

The only criticism I'd level at him is that he gets suckered in by WUMs on here. The conclusion I come to is that people who want him out are pigs or dingles on the wind up or are just so thick that I wish you weren't Wednesdayites.

Funds will go a long way to stave off relegation.

Put yourself in the players shoes, If, AI could bring in a player who can cover any position in midfield, and possibly one striker,

All of a sudden you have 6 -10 players getting worried they might get dropped if they don’t put a performance in.

This in turn should make them work harder in training and on the pitch.

The threat of getting dropped has to be made real, we need results and we need them quickly.

Dont they still get paid if they are dropped ?

If effort/comittment levels are as low as they look .... would dropping these players make any difference ?

Theres no point discussing this anyway .... theres NO money available .

Someones got to grab the bull by the horns here ..... you can consider yourself very lucky indeed you have LS at the helm .

*Waits for arguments of it being "not real debt".* :biggrin:

I could have sworn the title of the thread was LS out .

Side step the question all you want ...... but questions SHOULD be asked of your chairman .

You have your highest average attendance for some time at the moment .... yet the playing side , arguably , is as poor now as it has been since you were last relegated .

At what point does LS begin to shoulder some responsibility for your current malaise ? Hes been there 15 months now , just how long will he plausibly be able to shift the blame to the old regime ?

I could have sworn the title of the thread was LS out .

Side step the question all you want ...... but questions SHOULD be asked of your chairman .

You have your highest average attendance for some time at the moment .... yet the playing side , arguably , is as poor now as it has been since you were last relegated .

At what point does LS begin to shoulder some responsibility for your current malaise ? Hes been there 15 months now , just how long will he plausibly be able to shift the blame to the old regime ?

I think you've answered your own question there. He's provided a higher budget and got attendances up. When the team failed under Laws, he got rid of him and has brought in a very good manager.

What should he be doing? Getting in the car park with his shoes off?

I must admit - its entirely premature for LS to be labelled the best Chairman we've ever had. Theres a hell of a lot of work to be done before he can enjoy that kind of accolade

Which is precisley why any post I have made (and posts Strafford himself has regarded as drivel) are tinged with a nudging expectation and refusal to simply 'stand still'.

Straffords remit is to make us stronger than we were on and off the pitch over a protracted period - wether its with investment or not doesn't essentially matter.