STRAFFORD OUT

Guest brockowl

Nice to see that Tonto has started a similar thread on Owlszone.

Its all very well going "Strafford out", but no one has any alternative.

I think people are deluded if they think we are going to get anyone better.

Where on earth did you get £8 from?

no, it was just an example of a low price.....

i.e. just used in my example of comparing low ticket price sell outs, to high price, half full ground

I wasn't saying you'd implied £8 or anything

Nice to see that Tonto has started a similar thread on Owlszone.

Its all very well going "Strafford out", but no one has any alternative.

I think people are deluded if they think we are going to get anyone better.

Still don't get the deal with tonto.

Is he like a bit simple ?

Completely agree.

No one can fault his desire, but he is his own worse enemy at times.

The garbage team haven't helped his cause one jot though.

Yer - I agree - we were discussing the idea of buying some plastic dog shits and super gluing them to the players cars as a token of our appreciation (as we stood drink-less at half time at the fence at the back of the kop). Saying to each other - look at all these nice cars - not bad reward for playing like sunday league players for most of the season.

I think he craves the attention personally.

Like to be the notorious Tonto of Owls forums ie a sad w a n k e r

His attacks on Strafford are bang out order though.

Criticise the guy by all means, but don't make it into some spiteful vendetta against him.

True, but even I didn't expect the team to be as dire as they have been, and I'm Mr Glass half empty with a hole in it.

Mid table mediocrity was the worst I expected looking at the squad on paper, and I'm not ashamed to admit I predicted better of our 3 summer signings.

I'm sure Lee thought on the pitch wouldn't be a major issue, and this season he could concentrate on our off the field issues.

Like I said, no luck and mission impossible.

Without going over all ground, there seemed to be a pivotal moment during the season when the players went "Sod that, I'm not playing for that geezer".

Then AI arrived, things picked up a bit despite performances still being a bit on the poor side, and now it's almost as though they've given up again.

It's the players that are the problem. I think they know they're not rated and most of them will be going at the end of the season so they think why bother. Short sighted though. If they don't perform here until the end of the season, then they'll end up at a lesser club in a lower division. Then again, footballers have never been known for their intellect have they?

no, it was just an example of a low price.....

i.e. just used in my example of comparing low ticket price sell outs, to high price, half full ground

I wasn't saying you'd implied £8 or anything

I paid £9 for an MOD discount ticket yesterday (usually pay full on the North) and felt absolutely robbed - 90 minutes of my life I will never get back! Sooner sat pulling my nose hairs out with a pair of pliers naked in the snow!

Unless he has his nose in his own wallet! All very quiet on that front for the past week or so - maybe there could be something in it? Notice how Lee has not been on here demanding we buy season tickets etc for a while.

I'll eat my face if we get investment.

He isn't simple at all.

He is frustrated with the way things are going, likes to take the pish, isn't convinced about the way we are heading, and is just being mischievous.

In my chats with him, I've always found him to be ok.

I read those bulletins he concocts and distributes by email and I find them quite funny to be honest.

I actually like him despite his mischief. He reminds me of the naughty cheeky boy at nursery

Guest mozzyblue

Notice how Lee has not been on here demanding we buy season tickets etc for a while.

Yeah he has, about an hour or so ago. He was telling everyone on the "administation" thread that we should all get down and buy season tickets even though the team arn't winning and it's tough to watch us at the minute (he said this, not me).

I guess he think's we all have money coming out of our back sides and can fork out hundreds of pounds for next season when we don't even know which league we will be playing in.

A

Yeah he has, about an hour or so ago. He was telling everyone on the "administation" thread that we should all get down and buy season tickets even though the team arn't winning and it's tough to watch us at the minute (he said this, not me).

I guess he think's we all have money coming out of our back sides and can fork out hundreds of pounds for next season when we don't even know which league we will be playing in.

A

Missed that one - if we manage to survive and possibly have a decent end to the season (beat the oinkers) then sure that many will re-new. We Owls have goldfish memories!

A

Sheffield Wednesdays new season ticket poster.

Posted Image

"All aboard the leauge train, whoo whoo."

Just a joke

Guest mozzyblue

This is what Lee said on the other thread :

"Admin would result in us losing our most valuable players the stadium and the training ground as assets as they will be sold to settle the creditors in an admin process.

We would then need to rent the stadium and training ground, resulting in our current finance cost of £550k per annum turning into rental burden of upwards of £2m per annum.

We just need to buy tickets and ST in large enough numbers to sustain a reasonable football budget (£6m- £8m) and we will progress once the remaining weakness (which took many years to accumulate) are dealt with. These should all be dealt with this year / by the start of next season.

Its hard when we play bad and and lose I know - but there is no debating this point, the alternative is the club goes back to the way it was run in the prior 5-10 years.

Regards

Lee"

I wish we were in better form and playing decent footy, then we may get more turn up and more renew. Problem for Lee's plan and for the fans is it is looking more likely we will be a league 1 side next season.

Guest clumber58

This is what Lee said on the other thread :

"Admin would result in us losing our most valuable players the stadium and the training ground as assets as they will be sold to settle the creditors in an admin process.

We would then need to rent the stadium and training ground, resulting in our current finance cost of £550k per annum turning into rental burden of upwards of £2m per annum.

We just need to buy tickets and ST in large enough numbers to sustain a reasonable football budget (£6m- £8m) and we will progress once the remaining weakness (which took many years to accumulate) are dealt with. These should all be dealt with this year / by the start of next season.

Its hard when we play bad and and lose I know - but there is no debating this point, the alternative is the club goes back to the way it was run in the prior 5-10 years.

Regards

Lee"

I wish we were in better form and playing decent footy, then we may get more turn up and more renew. Problem for Lee's plan and for the fans is it is looking more likely we will be a league 1 side next season.

For 30 years football and Sheffield Wednesday were my number one passion. But Wednesday's relegation from the Premiership and the mass influx of foreign players, Sky TV money, players' greed etc drove me away from the game I loved and I started playing golf. The cost of a round of golf was (and still is) less than a ticket for the North Stand. I found golf alot more enjoyable, healthier and better value for money.

Back to the point of the post. With the recent extended spell of bad weather, playing golf has not been possible, so I've been watching Wednesday more than I have for years. I've only missed two games since November (both away). In that time I've spent a small fortune on tickets, petrol, beer, pies etc. While there have been some good moments (when AI first arrived), on the whole, the standard of football/level of entertainment has been awful.

I'm not bothered what the weather is like next weekend, I won't be going to visit my brother in Caversham and we won't be going to the Madjeski Stadium on Saturday afternoon as planned. Quite simply, I've had enough. I work too hard to waste hard earned money and my precious weekends.

But I do have a positive message for LS and all of those that will abuse me because of this post........... I PROMISE you that I will buy a North Stand season ticket when Wednesday get back into the Premiership and for every season that they stay there.