The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

I would change the under 11's to under 16's and under 18's to under 21's.

If we really want to appear to be a family style club, we need prices for school children of all ages, not go down the route of theme park pricing. Theme park prices have those ranges due to the child being able to get on more height restriction rides. Viewing football is not like that, some 11 year olds will have a better understanding of the game than a 15 year old.

Edited by web_owls

Season ticket debate recap

1) Children having to go on the kop and North Stand to avail of the discount are putting their life, moral fibre and 50% chance of returning home to their mums. A focus group found that the Kop, next to the Gaza Strip was the most dangerous place on Earth.

2) The Student set are disgruntled at having to relocate to the kop. The Student Union has raised objection and have put on agenda along with the mass G20 protest, rights for vegetables and Carlsburg, (whom are very upset at the potential loss of revenue due to alcohol not being available for the kop).

3) The population in full-time employment, aged 21 and under. It would appear that this set of fans are livid and feeling discriminated because the realisation of having to pay their way through life.

4) The people in the South Stand who are being encouraged to slum it with the kopites preferring to stay in the Monastic environment of the Family area where their children are protected from the ravages of this cruel world.

5) The Over 80 who have never sampled the mobility impaired toilets frequent by able bodied clients.

6) Mr Farrell, of the nudge nudge ;-);-) brigade, whose advocates the Bradford Model which would speed up the demise and administration of a club £25 million in-debt, "but what the hell when we can have a season ticket anywhere in the ground for £50 while watching our star player, Leo Fortune-West"

so what happens if the kop sells out and you want a student season ticket, surely theyll make exceptions... i like the student prices, but i dont think its fair keeping em penned into the kop, it shouldve included the north, be it a higher price, it wouldve avoided massive congestion

Edited by peterbottom14

I would change the under 11's to under 16's and under 18's to under 21's.

If we really want to appear to be a family style club, we need prices for school children of all ages, not go down the route of theme park pricing. Theme park prices have those ranges due to the child being able to get on more height restriction rides. Viewing football is not like that, some 11 year olds will have a better understanding of the game than a 15 year old.

Totally agree about the under 11s to under 16s.....the price for 11-16 year olds is far too high, considering it is the parents that pay for them.

Scram...

If you had read what i said, he would have got a season ticket last season, but didnt as due to the other set of rumblewitts we had in charge, it was cheaper to buy a ticket for every game this season on the day, which he has done ( been to every match so far this season) after he was dicouraged by terrible pricing last year for a season ticket. Before he went to uni, he had been a season ticket holder for over 15 or so years and never, litterally, never missed a game, so as a result of going away for 3 years to better himself, to come back to buy a season ticket, which he wanted, he found it cheaper to do it the afore mentioned way. So yes i am saying he should be rewarded for his loyalty, or are you just a happy clapping fool?

Again - it just sums it up

It shows how everybody thinks they seem to have a case - even when they blatantly don't

It doesn't mater why your brother didn't buy a ST this season - the fact is he didn't therefore doesn't qualify for any offers available to those that did buy ST's - dunno why you struggle with that

Answer me this....

How can ANY pricing structure incorporate every circumstance and every set of events?

Have you considered Mr Farrell's ( nudge nudge ;-);-) ) Bradford Model?

The Bradford/Huddersfield Model is pretty good I think.

Regardless of Mr Farrell's nudge nudge wink wink testicles, I think it's one that would suit us, our fans and the chairmans idea to fill the ground

I haven't bought a season ticket for yonks, so it's difficult for me to enter the debate..........but can anyone throw some light onto why there wasn't this much furore last season?

12 months ago I expected to have my pants pulled down.

Didn't see it coming this time though.

I haven't bought a season ticket for yonks, so it's difficult for me to enter the debate..........but can anyone throw some light onto why there wasn't this much furore last season?

I think we expected the poo poo we got last year for Walker.

This year fans were promised a lot.

So fans kicked of (quite rightly) about the South Stand situation and LS reviewed the policy.

Its about time the rest of the Season Ticket holders kicked off, told LS to stick his £25 where the sun doesnt shine (cos thats what it would cost me elsewhere anyway) along with the 4 DVDs that will end up in my house and knocked some more money off my season ticket.

The giving away of the shirt sponsorship deal doesnt seem like such a good idea to me anymore. The fans are paying for it arent they.

PS Admin - can we set up a POLL to gague the total overall opinions please?

PS Admin - can we set up a POLL to gague the total overall opinions please?

Good idea - the poll options should be

a, Do you want cheaper ST's funded by selling our best players and not signing any new ones

b, Keep the prices as they are to allow investment into the team?

The Bradford/Huddersfield Model is pretty good I think.

Regardless of Mr Farrell's nudge nudge wink wink testicles, I think it's one that would suit us, our fans and the chairmans idea to fill the ground

We will never fill the ground for the foreseeable future, week in week out, even if tickets were free!

We will never fill the ground for the foreseeable future, week in week out, even if tickets were free!

Correct

The only way we would come close is if the team were playing great stuff and winning, had exciting players and we were successful

Nothing gets crowds into football stadums like success on the field

In everyones opinion, how much do you think the prices set at the start of this season has effected the price changes for next season? how much has this influenced what Lee/the club has done.

Also, reading all these comments makes me feel like the only 'winner' out of this. I'm a single male, 21+ who has had a season ticket this season - I therefore get a reduction on my season ticket, a DVD I do want and the offer of a shirt for £25.99 - is there anyone else the changes benefit on here?

yep i benefit.

i would suspect 90% of the S/T holders on the North / South stands who don't sit in the grandstand benefit.

Like i've said before it works out at £17 a match for me.

No topo bad relatively speaking. When a meal out at a pub costs that nowadays.

Guest mrbluesky

yep i benefit.

i would suspect 90% of the S/T holders on the North / South stands who don't sit in the grandstand benefit.

Like i've said before it works out at £17 a match for me.

No topo bad relatively speaking. When a meal out at a pub costs that nowadays.

two for a fiver at park hotel and very nice indeed!!! :biggrin: ,17 squid where you eating The Royal!!!